Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:07 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Actually you should read some of the scientific proofing out there. Real science since seems to be congruent with Mr. Gore's view, and not so much with the right wing-think tanks who have tricked masses of people in to believing that global warming is a hoax.

Research the views of the proofing in other countries. I think you'd be surprised as to what they thing of the proofing offered.
"real science"!!???

That is hilarious. There is no "science" in the cult of global warming.

The fossil record, the only long term climate data we have, refutes the concept of global warming and shows that climate changes are cyclical. Further, CO2 rises IN RESPONSE to increase temperatures, rather than vice versa.

Global warming is the antithesis of science, in that its cult members are CONVINCED that global warming is a real entity and only seek "data" to coinfirm thier "hypothesis" or alter the data to conform with the hypothesis. This is the opposite of what science actually seeks to achieve, which is indifference to the outcome of a study and only an adherence to seek the truth.

Perhaps you could explain why extreme cold/warm cycles happen every 22,000 years. Further, why are there are fossils of tropical life and coal above the arctic circle that post date the current position of the continents? These are "inconvenient truths" that elude the church of global warming, yet are blatantly obvious to those with modest intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
I think a class action lawsuit against Christianity would be far more desirable and winnable since the damages can be proven.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The fossil record, the only long term climate data we have, refutes the concept of global warming and shows that climate changes are cyclical. Further, CO2 rises IN RESPONSE to increase temperatures, rather than vice versa.
According to who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Perhaps you could explain why extreme cold/warm cycles happen every 22,000 years.
My training is in computer science. I'd be much more qualified to explain how computer memory works, or the theoretical/logical basis for an object oriented approach to programming. I leave climatology to the legitimate experts. You seem to discount the real scientists because you prefer political hacks who confirm, instead of challenge, your world view.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
If we file a class lawsuit against Al Gore, there are a lot of others, who would require a class action law suit to. Too many to mention!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 PM

817 posts, read 853,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Isn't it time we get the money back he got by lying to the public while being a person that many looked up to as being a person that could be trusted.

I wonder how much electrician he is using these days ...before it was a much a small town but with the cold the way it is it might be as much as a big town...
Leave Al Gore alone, he has the IQ of a grapefruit.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:41 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
The man won the Nobel Prize and an Academy Award. Perhaps your judgement is a bit skewed by your politics?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:52 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Actually you should read some of the scientific proofing out there. Real science since seems to be congruent with Mr. Gore's view, and not so much with the right wing-think tanks who have tricked masses of people in to believing that global warming is a hoax.

Lies are lies and don't have anything to do with "right wing think tanks". Al Gore lied. And AGW is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind. The goal is global wealth redistribution. There is no trick. It's a hoax.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post

Actually he's very smart. He's laughing all the way to the bank. AGW is making him millions.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
The man won the Nobel Prize and an Academy Award. Perhaps your judgement is a bit skewed by your politics?
Nobel prizes are bogus. Just because a small group of people have a lot of money to give away does not give them credibility.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:32 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,539,145 times
Much of North America was once covered in ice as most know and much of that melted long before industrialization. Isn't that proof the globe is warming and has been for a long long time.
I once considered suing God because I had an accident while skiing. The skis were warped (yes, when I started skis were wooden) because they were made from a tree grown on a side hill and God must have put it there. His (her or its) fault I fell, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies