Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:45 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times

Advertisements

Sign me up. I would love to get some of Al's ill gotten money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 05:43 AM

817 posts, read 853,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
The man won the Nobel Prize and an Academy Award. Perhaps your judgement is a bit skewed by your politics?
Nobel prize and Academy award? You've got to be kidding.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:47 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,852,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Isn't it time we get the money back he got by lying to the public while being a person that many looked up to as being a person that could be trusted.

I wonder how much electrician he is using these days ...before it was a much a small town but with the cold the way it is it might be as much as a big town...
A class action lawsuit requires you to show harm and that Al Gore had intent to harm you. Can you prove that?

Or are you being facetious?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Actually you should read some of the scientific proofing out there. Real science since seems to be congruent with Mr. Gore's view, and not so much with the right wing-think tanks who have tricked masses of people in to believing that global warming is a hoax.

Research the views of the proofing in other countries. I think you'd be surprised as to what they thing of the proofing offered.
That is not real science, rather that is a group of politically motivated scientists and administrations "claiming" that there is a consensus to a conclusion of a hypothesis to which can not be validated without using failing prediction models as evidence.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:37 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
According to who?

My training is in computer science. I'd be much more qualified to explain how computer memory works, or the theoretical/logical basis for an object oriented approach to programming. I leave climatology to the legitimate experts. You seem to discount the real scientists because you prefer political hacks who confirm, instead of challenge, your world view.
An appeal to authority? If you are computer science, then your education will likely be heavy in mathematics and physics (unless that is you took the science lite options). The issues being contested concerning this field are the problems with improperly applied mathematical analysis and improper scientific process to which verification and validation is required.

Those who are objecting to the science (who legitimately contest the research with their own) are not proclaiming a conclusion like those you attempt to refer to as experts. They are simply showing that the data and methodology being used to come to those conclusions are not properly achieved as they do not follow proper standards of scientific query and result. As it currently stands, the position of AGW has not left the hypothesis phase and to come to any conclusion concerning it would be unscientific and severely politically biased.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,807 times
do it and i'm in!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:08 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Isn't it time we get the money back he got by lying to the public while being a person that many looked up to as being a person that could be trusted.

I wonder how much electrician he is using these days ...before it was a much a small town but with the cold the way it is it might be as much as a big town...
You can file, but Fox already won a court case where they are legally allowed to knowingly lie to their viewers.

Gore's documentary stretched truths and sensationalized effects, but at the core we know that climate change is real, and that more than likely humans have at least a small effect on it.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
I hope the power is out at Al Gore's home...just a little wish for his Global Warming B.S.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:

Hey, can we file a Class Action suit against FOX too? You might have something there.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
maybe you can call this guy as a witness?
Top scientist resigns from post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies