Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, his staff failed him on this account given they should have anticipated the questions he would be asked in this interview. In addition, he would receive intelligence briefings at least once a day and likely, more than once a day. It's a bit of the buck stops here with burueacracy. Yes, delegation of duties means you are not involved in each and every detail. However, that does not absolve you of defining the method and means your staff uses to brief you on information. Were this a minor incident, it could be understandable. However, it was not and since his staff failed him, he has failed. That's the way it works. He gets to take credit when his staff performs well and thus has to take the hit when they do not.
Pretty much spot on. I'll wager it's been corrected now since his faux pas was seen on National TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 01:39 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Again, still, proven wrong. Seems it WAS a big deal. even though you're the only one claiming it wasn't, even going against what the administration says.

U.S. Embassy in London Was Terror Target
Please try to keep up. Nobody ever said the plot wasn't a big deal, and nobody has given any evidence whatsoever that he was unaware of the plot and the investigation.

The only thing he appears to have not known about is that arrests had taken place.

And no, the arrests were not a big deal.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM

46,314 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Aaahhhh. I see. By "everybody" you actually meant "some mostly ambiguous categories of people." I thought as much.
Quote:
That wasn't my definition. You fail again.
Again I looked up the definition...(this is your quote right, you know the one above) and it is still not there in any dictionary........Now who has failed...and proven wrong in your own words....So now your caught in a bold face lie, in your own words....

Quote:
No. We can't. It actually was no big deal.
But you say....

Quote:
Please try to keep up. Nobody ever said the plot wasn't a big deal
Quote:
and nobody has given any evidence whatsoever that he was unaware of the plot and the investigation.
So, if you know about the plot....and don't know about the arrest...any person that knew about the plot would start talking....not look like a complete fool on TV....

Quote:
The only thing he appears to have not known about is that arrests had taken place.
O.K., so prove it....

Quote:
And no, the arrests were not a big deal.
Again, more people disagree with you than agree...so, please provide us with the information that proves us wrong...Your a ring knocker....you should be-able to do that....right....

Old 12-29-2010, 05:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
HD..the WH has already said they screwed up and will fix it.
You can stop defending the administration as they are not even defending themselves anymore.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
And he would have been wrong.

But since that incident bears no resemblance to what we are discussing, here, your point remains lost on those who actually expect arguments to make sense.
and you give us your definitions, and then contradict yourself, and then try to spin it your way....to make yourself look better...and it just won't happen....your digging yourself a hole....and like most...cannot get out so they continue to lie...

Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
HD..the WH has already said they screwed up and will fix it.
You can stop defending the administration as they are not even defending themselves anymore.
He won't do that....remember, he is a ring knocker and will continue to argue...

Old 12-30-2010, 06:29 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Honest answer: "I have been briefed on the London incident and will get back to you during a subsequent interview when I can discuss those details".

Dumb answer: "Huh? I . . don't . . know".

We got the latter.

Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies