Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 03:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video | News10.net | Sacramento, California | Local News

Three days after he posted a series of six video clips recorded with a cell phone camera at San Francisco International Airport, four federal air marshals and two sheriff's deputies arrived at his house to confiscate his federally-issued firearm. The pilot recorded that event as well and provided all the video to News10.

At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Seems the TSA doesn't appreciate their Kabuki dance outed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 03:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Let freedom ring:

Old 12-23-2010, 03:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
NO ONE shall expose the TSA..NO ONE under penalty of law.

He posted some videos and they took away his gun ?
And his permit ?

I guess that's the best they can do since he didn't commit a crime.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
It is for the children...or...something.

Anyway,he should get fried for this,what if terrorists looked at the video and then blew up the world!!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:29 PM

Pilots and airport personel are the first line of defense in observing security gaps and potential threats at airports and on flights. Were this about security one would think the TSA would be thanking the pilot for bringing these shortcomings to their attention. Instead, he is punished and threatened.

Big bully is watching.....

Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video | News10.net | Sacramento, California | Local News

Three days after he posted a series of six video clips recorded with a cell phone camera at San Francisco International Airport, four federal air marshals and two sheriff's deputies arrived at his house to confiscate his federally-issued firearm. The pilot recorded that event as well and provided all the video to News10.

At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Seems the TSA doesn't appreciate their Kabuki dance outed.
Make sure to read the comments. I venture to say that Holders list is pretty long by now. Some of them are a bit more... straight forward ... than on here.

So you speak out and call the govenment on their own failings and they pull a dog and pony show to make you an example. What sort of mindset does this suggest? I agree they pulled his permit because they couldn't find anything else to do (yet?)

I suppose someone will come up with a lame excuse that suggests the videos could "suggest" ideas to the bad guys. Some of the sheeple will buy this of course.

I sure wish I could say that things like writing your congressman and such will end or stop this slow creep, but sadly I am not optimistic. Both parties keep voting in the Patriot act. Both parties entrenched in their personal little kingdoms of power support the status quo over the freedom of the citizens. Makes you feel for the next generation who will have to live their adult lives with the crap this will have wrought.

Not that anyone will be saying much about it anymore by then...

Old 12-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Started reading the comments and saw "The TSA is the SS"
Then I noticed something...

A is the first letter=1
(T-A)S = (T-1 letter)S = (S)S = SS

Sorry..I'm too much of a geek and pattern seeker and number person.
You must admit though..that is quite eerie

Old 12-23-2010, 05:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
If these issues were brought to the attention of the TSA before he went public with them and they were ignored then he may get some sympathy from me. Otherwise I hope they throw away the key, he's only looking for attention.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If these issues were brought to the attention of the TSA before he went public with them and they were ignored then he may get some sympathy from me. Otherwise I hope they throw away the key, he's only looking for attention.
Then I think he would have gone to a news station with those videos rather than just post on youtube. He didn't go seeking any fame.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
But is it a crime?

I believe CA is a "may issue" state when it comes to CCW; however, how does posting videos and yet to be charged with a crime equate to having one's rights revoked by the county and state? Isn't it a greater threat to still be able to fly commercially than to keep one's CCW license?

Sorry, but the TSA seems to be consistent in one thing: over-reaching its authority. Do you recall them holding a woman because she had a check in her wallet presumably for a large amount, from her joint account with her husband?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies