Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 11:32 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Jesus wasn't a communist like Obama and the Democrats, he was a Savior... Not that Obama doesn't think he is the Messiah!

Jesus's dad was a successful small businessman as a carpenter.
The Democrats are like Caesar telling people how to live, where to go, when you will turn over your personal wealth and probably how you will DIE with Obama-care.

He used to hang out with self-employed fishermen, too.

No fish, no shekels, kinda lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 11:48 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Answering a research study honestly and reporting charitable donations on your taxes is NOT bragging. It's called being honest.
My posts never criticized anyone for taking a tax deduction or answering a survey. When a person uses the information to insult people who they feel aren't like them, it is ONLY about bragging and insulting others, it's not Christian behavior in my book. If a person can feel good about that, more power to them, that's their right in our free country, but I refuse to keep going on about it. I find that sort of behavior tacky, it only makes the person posting it look insecure and incredibly childish. I'm interested in more intelligent discussions.

Last edited by detshen; 12-25-2010 at 12:11 PM..

Old 12-25-2010, 11:49 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Christianity encourages us to give to charity, not for government to force us to redistribute it. Plus Christianity promotes traditional family values. Fiscal liberalism by it's very nature destroys traditional values. Christianity promotes marriage, not for women to have out of wedlock children by varoius bad boys and then have the taxpayers) support her and her b*stards through government handouts.
Christianity also does not TEACH one to believe that those who need help are 'lazy, worthless sponges that get money for nothing' in order to feel superior & better about one's own life.
Would you call a self employed woman's children "bas***ds" if she is not married the the father?

Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Christianity also does not TEACH one to believe that those who need help are 'lazy, worthless sponges that get money for nothing' in order to feel superior & better about one's own life.
Would you call a self employed woman's children "bas***ds" if she is not married the the father?

To read many of the posts here one might believe Christianity is ONLY about about how superior and better they are. It's a sad representation, it makes Christians look bad to those who don't know better.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:35 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
The majority of Christians in this nation are Democrats not Republicans especially when you account for Hispanics and African Americans. The group you are referring to are Evangelicals which are a type of Christian. I consider Evangelicals to be their own denomination like Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses etc. They support Republicans because many Republican social agenda agrees with those espoused by Evangelicals.
I assume you have statistics backing this up, yes?

Old 12-25-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
My posts never criticized anyone for taking a tax deduction or answering a survey. When a person uses the information to insult people who they feel aren't like them, it is ONLY about bragging and insulting others, it's not Christian behavior in my book. If a person can feel good about that, more power to them, that's their right in our free country, but I refuse to keep going on about it. I find that sort of behavior tacky, it only makes the person posting it look insecure and incredibly childish. I'm interested in more intelligent discussions.
Then how about you don't try to say someone is bragging when they point out a fact about the difference between liberals and conservatives? The whole thread is about people who are Christian being Republicans, and one thing led to another and the topic became conservative Christians giving to charity. Nobody is saying one person or group is better than the other based on charitable giving. You might view it as bragging, but obviously others don't. It's not really the big deal you're making it out to be. If you have such a problem with it, but you believe it's "childish" and are looking for "more intelligent discussions," then don't keep commenting about it.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Nobody said that. Yet again, you are painting with a broad brush in regard to people's opinions on the poor.

Remember that Jesus also said that those who don't work, don't eat.

The second part has nothing to do with this topic.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Then how about you don't try to say someone is bragging when they point out a fact about the difference between liberals and conservatives? The whole thread is about people who are Christian being Republicans, and one thing led to another and the topic became conservative Christians giving to charity. Nobody is saying one person or group is better than the other based on charitable giving. You might view it as bragging, but obviously others don't. It's not really the big deal you're making it out to be. If you have such a problem with it, but you believe it's "childish" and are looking for "more intelligent discussions," then don't keep commenting about it.
You keep replying to my posts, in each case I've just stated my opinion, which I have a right to. You've stated yours, which you have a right to, lets move on now.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:55 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is true jesus would not side with Obama or the democrats, they are far too right to adhere to Jesus' views.
To respond to your comments, here are a few passages.
Timothy 6:17 "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."

Galatains 6:2 "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

From these passages, it further conforms in the eyes of the lord we should find happiness in god, not in wealth. Those that have wealth are to carry other's burdens so they can as well excel in life. These are far left liberal stances.
Where is the evidence that it is the liberal policy to find happiness in God and not in wealth?

Does "carry each other's burden's" mean pay an enormous tax rate and let the govt decide what to do with the money? Or does it mean help people less fortunate. And not necesarily just monetarily? Last time I checked "burden" is not synonymous with "tax" or "money".

And where is the evidence that it is liberal policy to "carry each other's burden's" anyway? Or did you just find some pretty sounding verses and say that is what liberals believe?

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 12-25-2010 at 04:47 PM..

Old 12-25-2010, 04:31 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Yes they technically would be..that is the definition of the word. Although I would give her credit for being self-employed, in particular if she isn't getting government handouts of any kind.

I don't criticize single mothers on welfare to feel superior. I strongly feel children are better off being raised by two stable, loving parents. Studies have consistently shown that children and better adjusted and have less dysfunction when raised by two parents. I believe that welfare encourages lower socioeconomic women to choose bad boy types who end up being deadbeat dads. I appreciate Christianity, especially the more conservative churches for promoting traditional family values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies