Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 05:29 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Oh right, only Republicans are true Christians! Now where can we vomit? Republicans are the farthest away from true Christianity of any group of Americans. They wave the flag and hold up their Bibles in their sweaty little hands proclaiming God and country just like the Nazi saluted Hitler. Both are dangerous people and in no way Christian.
What evidence do you have for this ridiculous claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 05:38 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is a phenomenon I've never really understood is why those that are heavily christian, are also heavily republicans. If you really think about it besides abortion views, Jesus was a liberal. Not a leftest republican or democrat, but a full-blown green party tree hugging flaming liberal.
The teachings are about living frugally, to help the poor, to only live with what you need and give your unneeded wealth away. To open your doors to the needy and that greed is evil. Even how Jesus is depicted in looking, long hair, beard, sandals, pretty much exactly like hippies of the 60's.
It just seems to make sense that if you are a true follower of the bible, you would be a hardcore liberal, not a conservative.
Jesus wasn't a communist like Obama and the Democrats, he was a Savior... Not that Obama doesn't think he is the Messiah!

Jesus's dad was a successful small businessman as a carpenter.
The Democrats are like Caesar telling people how to live, where to go, when you will turn over your personal wealth and probably how you will DIE with Obama-care.

Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's goods!
Democrats covet, so they are anti-Ten Commandments which Christians follow along with the Jews.
Of course there are many non religious Jews in the Democrat party that don't care about Obama giving a billion to Hamas to fund their activities.
In Israel I think Obama has a 3% approval rating. That should also tell you something right there.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:51 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
We are going on the only objective evidence we have. The link provides evidence that conservatives give more in both money and time. And blood.
That doesn't mean anything, people who give from their heart don't feel any need to brag about it, many chose to keep it private because they don't need credit and would NEVER try to use it against others the way many posters here do. The bragging and insulting behavior doesn't go with Christ's values, which is something I know and care about.

Last edited by detshen; 12-24-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 12-24-2010, 05:53 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Jesus wasn't a communist like Obama and the Democrats, he was a Savior... Not that Obama doesn't think he is the Messiah!

The Democrats are like Caesar telling people how to live, where to go, when you will turn over your personal wealth and probably how you will DIE with Obama-care.

Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's goods!
Democrats covet, so they are anti-Ten Commandments which Christians follow along with the Jews.
Of course there are many non religious Jews in the Democrat party that don't care about Obama giving a billion to Hamas to fund their activities.
In Israel I think Obama has a 3% approval rating. That should also tell you something right there.

This is true jesus would not side with Obama or the democrats, they are far too right to adhere to Jesus' views.
To respond to your comments, here are a few passages.
Timothy 6:17 "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."

Galatains 6:2 "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

From these passages, it further conforms in the eyes of the lord we should find happiness in god, not in wealth. Those that have wealth are to carry other's burdens so they can as well excel in life. These are far left liberal stances.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:01 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You are either naive or ignorant, one only has to look through the threads on this forum to see the hatred and bigotry towards Christians, coming from the left, which as I said is an amalgamate of those groups mentioned.
I'm neither, I'm highly educated and very aware of current and past events. On many occasions I have seen a few Christians interpret innocuous statements as hatred and bigotry. I have seen very little, if any actual bigotry, a few posters are critical of religion in general, but that is a small number, to imply all people with liberal values hate Christians is ignorant and just wrong. Simply not agreeing with someone is not hatred despite what some may think. Freedom of religion is an important value that some Christians don't seem to believe in, they want freedom ONLY for their particular religious beliefs.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:07 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Christianity encourages us to give to charity, not for government to force us to redistribute it. Plus Christianity promotes traditional family values. Fiscal liberalism by it's very nature destroys traditional values. Christianity promotes marriage, not for women to have out of wedlock children by varoius bad boys and then have the taxpayers) support her and her b*stards through government handouts.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

LMAO@ the first sentence. Seriously? Stop...you're killing me!

As for the second sentence...and that's important because?

Old 12-25-2010, 01:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The Republican Party, to the extent it adheres to the principles undergirding the Constitution
This line pretty much renders your whole argument to be a waste of time.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:19 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That doesn't mean anything, people who give from their heart don't feel any need to brag about it, many chose to keep it private because they don't need credit and would NEVER try to use it against others the way many posters here do. The bragging and insulting behavior doesn't go with Christ's values, which is something I know and care about.
Answering a research study honestly and reporting charitable donations on your taxes is NOT bragging. It's called being honest.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:11 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
The majority of Christians in this nation are Democrats not Republicans especially when you account for Hispanics and African Americans. The group you are referring to are Evangelicals which are a type of Christian. I consider Evangelicals to be their own denomination like Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses etc. They support Republicans because many Republican social agenda agrees with those espoused by Evangelicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies