Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 PM

507 posts, read 1,538,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMePeter View Post
Its with good reason they do call people that ; it was 80 of the worlds top medical Doctors and Scientists that sat down with Congress in the 1980's and ALL agreed that human life starts at conception REGARDLESS of the size . Therefore, it IS killing a developing American who has great potential if he/she could only make it down the birth canal into the country which is rightfully theirs too.
Just curious as to what you think of In vitro fertilization?

IN VITRO Fertilization and Embryo Transfer

Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,045,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMePeter View Post
Its with good reason they do call people that ; it was 80 of the worlds top medical Doctors and Scientists that sat down with Congress in the 1980's and ALL agreed that human life starts at conception REGARDLESS of the size . Therefore, it IS killing a developing American who has great potential if he/she could only make it down the birth canal into the country which is rightfully theirs too. Murdering is when you take an innocent life -- a preborn child doesnt come anymore innocent or defenseless...therefore it is rightly termed 'murder' . It certainly isnt THEIR choice to be cruelly extinquished...it is the desire of the sexual hedonist 'mother' . And of course PRO-choice people are PRO-abortion ... to them its all about entitlement to do as they wish. It is the worse kind of betrayal imaginable ... to thier own baby and themSELVES.

The Abortion Mills are there to help out with the BIG lie that Americans have been fed regarding Casual Sex . Youve been able to figure that one out havent you ??
do you have a source for the top medical doctors and scientists that said life begins at conception? who are these "top" docs? if it was murder the supreme court would not uphold the right.

sex, casual or not is a good thing. no one is gonna stop having it.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:05 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,808,668 times
An unfertilized egg is a potential human being. But no one screams murder when a fertile woman refuses to have sex every month in the hopes of getting pregnant. That egg drops, ignored, discarded, and even loathed by the woman whose cramps squeeze it out of her womb.

And all those men who masturbate, instead of having sex...murdering the other half of that fertilized egg, preventing yet another child from living inside a womb and coming out as someone's son or daughter...

I still want to know, if all these people who feel women who get pregnant should be required to give birth, whether they wanted to get pregnant or not..are willing to adopt all these unwanted kids. Because, last I heard, there are thousands upon thousands of unwanted children, from newborns on up to adults, who never had any anti-abortion person stand up and offer to bring them into their houses and raise them as their own.

If you want all these unwanted children to be born, then you need to be ready, willing, able, and prepared to step up and take responsibility for them. If you're not ready, willing, able, and prepared to do that, then your opinion really doesn't matter at all, because it makes you a hypocrite.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,064,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I refuse to describe you as ignorant for or posting such an absurd exaggeration, which insults the countless women whose lives were lived honorably, as partners to their husbands and as loving nurturers of their children. Instead, I will consider your viciousness yet more proof of the feminist need to demonstrate that women can be the equal of men in callousness.
Absurd exaggeration.........don't think so.........your choice of words spoke volumes and revealed the real intent of anti choice individuals. Force women to do their DUTY. Women=breeders......period.

You are the one who described motherhood as a duty..........not something one does willingly and happily..........but as something you are forced to do.

So, just who is dissing motherhood?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:52 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,102,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I didn't look at the photos. I have seen photos of this type in the past. I don't need to look at them agin to refresh my memory. yes they are ugly and I am sure I said in another post as ugly as a lot of surgical procedure.

not sure if it was you or smart that supports abortion for rape or incest so should I be calling you a pro abortionist because you support it on some level.

I would take the term pro abortion if it was the only option I supported but because I also support giving birth and adoption the term which describes me best is pro choice, to use the term pro abortion ignores the other viable options. pro abortion has a ring to it that is exactly what anti choice people want it to have, which is to paint a picture of people who happily support "baby killing"

should us "pro abortion" people start talkikng about the forced breeding camps you anti choice people want sexually active woman to go to when they become pregnant?
Calling us 'anti-choice' is the same...we support choice until the rights of another individual are infringed upon. Which is a basic principle of the Constitution. I ask you again, how come a lot of pro-choice people can say they wish 'abortion was as rare as possible' but people should have that right because it's their business? If you don't think it's a life at all, why do you care how rare it is? Why should it make you feel uneasy? Those people probably don't even agree with it on a basic level but still hold that others have a 'right' to do that. Since when has our society worked that way? We don't let others get away with anything, so why is this the case with abortion? It shows people can sit by and let the majority voice get away with something even if they don't even agree with it. In actual fact the Roe vs Wade decision allowed women to abort at ANY time during their pregnancy for any reason. It's just the abortion movement has such a broad definition for 'health' etc and the doctors don't approach this with any discretion because they don't have the legal authority to do so.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Calling us 'anti-choice' is the same...we support choice until the rights of another individual are infringed upon. Which is a basic principle of the Constitution. I ask you again, how come a lot of pro-choice people can say they wish 'abortion was as rare as possible' but people should have that right because it's their business? If you don't think it's a life at all, why do you care how rare it is? Why should it make you feel uneasy? Those people probably don't even agree with it on a basic level but still hold that others have a 'right' to do that. Since when has our society worked that way? We don't let others get away with anything, so why is this the case with abortion? It shows people can sit by and let the majority voice get away with something even if they don't even agree with it. In actual fact the Roe vs Wade decision allowed women to abort at ANY time during their pregnancy for any reason. It's just the abortion movement has such a broad definition for 'health' etc and the doctors don't approach this with any discretion because they don't have the legal authority to do so.
you really need to be properly informed. roe v wade says nothing of the sort.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,965,286 times
Quote:
do you have a source for the top medical doctors and scientists that said life begins at conception? who are these "top" docs? if it was murder the supreme court would not uphold the right.

duplicate post

Old 12-29-2010, 09:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,965,286 times
Quote:

Just because a thing is legal (in this case abortion) does not make it a "right". Not you or any other poster in this thread has sucessfully argued abortion as a "right", IMO.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Just because a thing is legal (in this case abortion) does not make it a "right". Not you or any other poster in this thread has sucessfully argued abortion as a "right", IMO.
it is a right to privacy. right or wrong is up to the individual.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,064,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Over dramatic much?

If a woman doesn't want children she shouldn't be sexually active; or, she should be certain there is next to no possibility she can conceive, not kill the baby in-utero because she was irresponsible.

Contraception control is the responsibility of BOTH of the individuals participating in sex, not just one.
Delusional much?

Birth control failure is a fact.

Condom failure=abortion. You are right........no drama involved.......just rational, responsible resolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies