Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,593,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Why don't homeless vets re-enlist if they can't make it in the 'real world'?
Is homelessness the lesser of 2 evils for them?
i dont understand this question. anyway i have one of my own- what's going to happen to all these tent city people? do they simply stay there forever? what?

Old 04-03-2011, 04:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I have seen tent cities in the the woods full of the homeless. Camping areas are full of every and anything one might consider a trailer or RV. I have met homeless that drive from rest stop to rest stop on the interstates. I have met a trucker family who lived out of their big rig. Statistics say that 50% of America's homeless are veterans. Remote Access Medical providers free medical care for those who have little or nothing and cannot begin to accommodate those needing their services. I never thought I would see anything like this in America and I believe this to be America's greatest shame.

I have met homeless who came into to town to buy ammo to hunt their food. If the current trend continues I believe that these same people will quit hunting rabbits and squirrels and go after those responsible for the demise of this country.
Well that truckdriving family will soon be out of luck if Obama has his way. Obama is making big plans to get foreign truckdrivers taking over the highways.

FT.com / Americas / Politics & Policy - Obama close to Mexican trucks deal

There is no American job that Obama would not like to export.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:31 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
So why are so many Americans hurting? Where did all the good jobs go? Well, over the past couple of decades our new "global economy" has encouraged big corporations to move thousands of factories and millions of jobs out of the United States.

Many of the good jobs that these homeless and unemployed Americans used to do are now done on the other side of the world. The ironic thing is that many of the tent cities that have bloomed in communities across the United States are filled with tents that were made in China.

The New American Dream: Sprawling Tent Cities Filled With Tents Made In China
It was a combination of negatives.
Unions destroying their own job.
People not worth their wage in the market.
Government making too many regulations, taxes and allowing so many lawsuits it looked good to go out of country for labor.
Competing with Chinese $100 a month labor.
Environmentalist attacking most manufacturing.
People not getting the education they could while they had the chance.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:09 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Sign of the times: Obamavilles

Hope and Change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies