Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:43 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
The owners of our country will always sacrifice the poor first whether it be by denying them their constitutional right to pursue Life by cutting off medical benefits or grouping them together in tents or army barracks far far from where the public can see them.
It's easier then to lie about the numbers of them & pretend it doesn't exist that way.

The owners don't need for it to become a real problem if they have to hear about homelessness & lack of medical care to the poor by average working Americans.
Deny,deny,deny & carry on.
The lower class and homeless class will be swelled to the extreme, this year and beyond, but the wealthy will continue to demand and receive, billions in bonuses and tax breaks.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:55 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The lower class and homeless class will be swelled to the extreme, this year and beyond, but the wealthy will continue to demand and receive, billions in bonuses and tax breaks.

yep.....money talks & it IS all about the bottom line.
To hell with the poor...."they all made bad choices" doncha know?
Besides, the poor can't afford campaign contributions.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, it will be a large number of Americans who will be permanently unemployed - noth because they don't want to work, but the rug has been pulled out. While a friend's house may be preferable, many will not have an option, and the temporary shelters will morph into permanent housing.
That seems to be how things are looking. It will not be in the least surprising when someone says lets just take this 20 block section where nobody who isn't homeless wants to go anyway and make it a district. Nice phrases will be used but the upshot is that if you find people who are homeless you can just move them in. If they don't want to too bad. Nobody is going to call it a homeless ghetto but that is what it is going to be.

We're working on building a whole new underclass of poverty which will bite back in time. The people who thought it was a great idea and liked it even better because "those people" aren't hanging around the streets will have either died, gotten lucky and made it in a sliver of a middle class or joined "those people" by then.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
just follow the deficit,,>> it keeps going up!!!, gold up!!!, oil up!!, food up, less jobs!!!, more outsourcing, more automation, equates to even more poor souls living on a finite planet that can be exploited by big corp!!! >> a self feeding system !! china will milk the cow till it drops, well i think it's time for america to cut off the teet before it's to late..

Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Homeless People Live in Tunnels Under Las Vegas - CBS Evening News - CBS News

It's happening all over our country right under the noses of those who continue to bash the unemployed.
Simply unbelievable and incredibly sad.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:38 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
People living in tents are obviously a very small minority, taking their existence and projecting into it being "The American Dream" is typical shrill hyperbole from doomsday sites like this that get advertising revenue from the tards who click on them.
Cold, man, just cold.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,105,282 times
Quote:
So why are so many Americans hurting? Where did all the good jobs go? Well, over the past couple of decades our new "global economy" has encouraged big corporations to move thousands of factories and millions of jobs out of the United States.

Many of the good jobs that these homeless and unemployed Americans used to do are now done on the other side of the world. The ironic thing is that many of the tent cities that have bloomed in communities across the United States are filled with tents that were made in China.

The New American Dream: Sprawling Tent Cities Filled With Tents Made In China
America is entirely capable of taking care of itself and being independent and self subsistant. What is required is a cultural change where people produce more meaningful things than selling pointless items in big box stores, working in the insurance beauracracy of the private sector, as well as many other sectors of the economy.

All thats required is a bit of common sense, and abandonment of the pervasive greed in the country.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
America is entirely capable of taking care of itself and being independent and self subsistant. What is required is a cultural change where people produce more meaningful things than selling pointless items in big box stores, working in the insurance beauracracy of the private sector, as well as many other sectors of the economy.

All thats required is a bit of common sense, and abandonment of the pervasive greed in the country.
Yeah - let's just rid ourselves of the 'pervasive greed in the country'. That day WILL come with the return of Christ, but never before then.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
I have seen tent cities in the the woods full of the homeless. Camping areas are full of every and anything one might consider a trailer or RV. I have met homeless that drive from rest stop to rest stop on the interstates. I have met a trucker family who lived out of their big rig. Statistics say that 50% of America's homeless are veterans. Remote Access Medical providers free medical care for those who have little or nothing and cannot begin to accommodate those needing their services. I never thought I would see anything like this in America and I believe this to be America's greatest shame.

I have met homeless who came into to town to buy ammo to hunt their food. If the current trend continues I believe that these same people will quit hunting rabbits and squirrels and go after those responsible for the demise of this country.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I have seen tent cities in the the woods full of the homeless. Camping areas are full of every and anything one might consider a trailer or RV. I have met homeless that drive from rest stop to rest stop on the interstates. I have met a trucker family who lived out of their big rig. Statistics say that 50% of America's homeless are veterans. Remote Access Medical providers free medical care for those who have little or nothing and cannot begin to accommodate those needing their services. I never thought I would see anything like this in America and I believe this to be America's greatest shame.

I have met homeless who came into to town to buy ammo to hunt their food. If the current trend continues I believe that these same people will quit hunting rabbits and squirrels and go after those responsible for the demise of this country.
Why don't homeless vets re-enlist if they can't make it in the 'real world'?
Is homelessness the lesser of 2 evils for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies