Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,050 times

Advertisements

So why are so many Americans hurting? Where did all the good jobs go? Well, over the past couple of decades our new "global economy" has encouraged big corporations to move thousands of factories and millions of jobs out of the United States.

Many of the good jobs that these homeless and unemployed Americans used to do are now done on the other side of the world. The ironic thing is that many of the tent cities that have bloomed in communities across the United States are filled with tents that were made in China.

The New American Dream: Sprawling Tent Cities Filled With Tents Made In China

Old 12-27-2010, 12:25 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Camping is cool, the back to nature thingy

If I were to live in a tent, I would least move to one of the mildest regions of the US, Forida or South Texas or Arizona, maybe become an illegal alien in Mexico

Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,865,243 times
So sad. Did anyone read the comments? Yet, some are still bashing the unemployed even after reading the article. I think most unemployed 99ers who are living in tents would prefer to take the job at McDonalds if they could find one, but they can't find one. We need to help these people. Everyone should show this article at their church. Maybe churches could start doing mission trips to these areas to help with food and clean water like they do in Third World countries.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
So sad. Did anyone read the comments? Yet, some are still bashing the unemployed even after reading the article. I think most unemployed 99ers who are living in tents would prefer to take the job at McDonalds if they could find one, but they can't find one. We need to help these people. Everyone should show this article at their church. Maybe churches could start doing mission trips to these areas to help with food and clean water like they do in Third World countries.
I guess the bashing comes from naive people who still don't believe that there simply is not enough work for everybody, and from people who deep inside are scared of becoming unemployed themselves and thus want to make it more than clear they are not unemployed yet.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:16 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Homeless People Live in Tunnels Under Las Vegas - CBS Evening News - CBS News

It's happening all over our country right under the noses of those who continue to bash the unemployed.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:30 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
. Support your LOCAL Salvation Army and/or any other organizations that provide support. I was able to seasonally work for SA and was able to get on my feet. Enough to rectify a situation that will get me a driving job. My endeavors have lead me to get on the 'bandwagon' and I will be active in many ways. Including assisting my 'new' buddy at the SA in the kitchen when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I guess the bashing comes from naive people who still don't believe that there simply is not enough work for everybody, and from people who deep inside are scared of becoming unemployed themselves and thus want to make it more than clear they are not unemployed yet.
Some maybe. Some just don't and never will care. But we can work AROUND them.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:34 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Homeless People Live in Tunnels Under Las Vegas - CBS Evening News - CBS News

It's happening all over our country right under the noses of those who continue to bash the unemployed.
Makes me . But I'm working on helping to make a difference.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:45 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
How about you folks who feel the unemployed are getting bashed help these folks find jobs instead of insisting I pay their way for the second year. Remember Sam Kinison? Let’s move these people to where the jobs are. Shoot, if I can't find a good paying job in the desert then MAYBE I should get out of the desert! Sitting, lying in wait for a job where jobs aren't to be found is a bit ridiculous.

IF you really want to help then help them find a job!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:46 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Makes me . But I'm working on helping to make a difference.
couldn't rep ya again so I'll do it here

Thanks for all your hard work!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:56 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
People living in tents are obviously a very small minority, taking their existence and projecting into it being "The American Dream" is typical shrill hyperbole from doomsday sites like this that get advertising revenue from the tards who click on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies