Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well, it seems that the Military Times questioned it and apparently only black service members are liberal (I wonder why). Heck, even Hispanic members of the military are overwhelmingly conservative:

http://militarytimes.com/static/proj...003_ep_2pp.pdf

What is even funnier is that, according to the bar chart at the bottom of the page, blacks consider character of the candidate to be of very little importance.
The Military Times is a conservative rag, and it's readership is primarily the Officer Corps and Senior Enlisted (to a much smaller degree). Most EM's only read it to get the cutoff scores and promotion lists.

And how nice of you to basically infer (without just coming out and saying so...further proof of conservative spinelessness) that blacks don't care about the character of people, and therefore, have no character themselves.

Conservatives are so easy to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 03:27 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
The posts from the conservatives are funny. They can't deny that they soil in their pants from fear of terrorism, muslim takeovers, gays ruining America, satan taking over Xmas, commies taking over America, immigrants, non-christians, etc. etc.
Fear, fear, fear.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:06 PM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Military Times is a conservative rag, and it's readership is primarily the Officer Corps and Senior Enlisted (to a much smaller degree). Most EM's only read it to get the cutoff scores and promotion lists.
So because senior enlisted and officer corp are the primary audience, it is all lies. Got it! Don't believe it, but got it. BTW I almost just vomited from all the spin.

Quote:
And how nice of you to basically infer (without just coming out and saying so...further proof of conservative spinelessness) that blacks don't care about the character of people, and therefore, have no character themselves.
I didn't need to infer anything. The bar chart said it all. And that is, even blacks knew that character issues had to be thrown out when voting Obama.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Well, it seems that the Military Times questioned it and apparently only black service members are liberal (I wonder why). Heck, even Hispanic members of the military are overwhelmingly conservative:

What is even funnier is that, according to the bar chart at the bottom of the page, blacks consider character of the candidate to be of very little importance.
Military times is righthanded, hence your results. Having first had experience I know the military to be a cross section of Americans, so to claim that they are mainly conservatives is no where near the truth. Maybe you can explain why only 30% of service members have no problem serving with gays, doesn't sound like conservative thinking to me. Oh, Love it when some just has to use comments based on race to show us all their inner self, very informative.
Casper

Old 12-29-2010, 05:21 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is no surprise, especially after 8 years of fearmongering from the neoconservatives and their supporters.

Study: Conservatives have larger ‘fear center’ in brain | Raw Story
The problem with the study was they only sampled two politicians and a small number of students.
The sample was too small. You need much bigger studies.
Also they only used two politicians and the rest were students. Students and politicians have no idea about responsibility in the real world. I don't think that kind of sampling could give you accurate results.

Just my opinion, but I think many more studies need to be done before a declarative statement could really be made on this issue.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
[quote=Mr. Joshua;17181880]
Quote:

So because senior enlisted and officer corp are the primary audience, it is all lies. Got it! Don't believe it, but got it. BTW I almost just vomited from all the spin.

I didn't need to infer anything. The bar chart said it all. And that is, even blacks knew that character issues had to be thrown out when voting Obama.
First of all, i don't even know who in the hell they polled. Did they poll a disproportionate amount of Officers and Senior Enlisted? Probably. I saw many a poll in the Army Times when i was a soldier and in 2 full terms, i can't ever remember a regular EM polled about anything. They poll their readership, who are probably subscribers. EM's don't generally subscribe to the Times, and they usually only buy it for the reasons i pointed out in my earlier post.

Forget the chart about character. What is the point that YOU'RE trying to make by bringing race into the discussion.

As for your vomiting, unfortunately you only almost hurled, which saddens me.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Now is this real or just a joke of a web site, like onion?
It an "alternative" news source. I'm sure the subscribers think it's real.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:49 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:

If "the friend of my enemy is my enemy", then his "character" becomes pretty irrelevant.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I was going to say, how could this be even remotely surprising? I guess when one continually exercise that fear center, it grows?
It comes from watching Glenn Beck everyday!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
You're freaking silly. The absolute need to regulate and control the lives of others is absolutely based out of fear. There is nothing more scary to a liberal than to say the invisible hand of the free market...

You don't need to look any further than the reasoning behind the stimulus where liberals claimed "but what if".... or ask them about "faith" and see where that brings you.

If I could only find the epic fail smiley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies