Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:31 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
The reason why American kids are far very far behind other countries children. This includes the fat kids.
I don't live in other countries, I don't aspire to do things their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We should go after the tobacco companies next! And this time, close them down for good!
Been tried, failed.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
We presently have this with BO and his busybody wife.

I am not impressed.

What exactly are they eating in those states?
Did you not see the list of causes First Ladies have been involved in since the beginning of the presidency? It was posted yesterday.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Did you not see the list of causes First Ladies have been involved in since the beginning of the presidency? It was posted yesterday.
The poster was proclaiming liberals and their fine educations to be the saviors of our nation. I pointed out we have them as POTUS and the First Lady, and I am unimpressed with their potential to save the United States.

Your opinion may differ.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You might want to look at the life cycle of a bill.
It will enlighten you to no end.

Answers.com - How is a bill introduced in the house and senate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_(proposed_law)

Do you expect the president to NOT sign bills? That's our legislative process.
Really?
There is this thing called a veto .... I see this little project involves spending more money our government doesn't have.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:15 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
Quote:
The poster was proclaiming liberals and their fine educations to be the saviors of our nation. I pointed out we have them as POTUS and the First Lady, and I am unimpressed with their potential to save the United States.

Your opinion may differ.
Ah, but the stated goal is to 'fundamentally transform', not save the United States.

That was not elaborated upon. So speculation is all there is.

Maybe he simply 'forgot' what he said?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:40 AM

148 posts, read 550,451 times
Hey dymimagelv
I did`t whine. I asked a simple question. Seems to me if anyone does not agree with the person in office now days. They are either called RACES, WHINNER BABIES or hates the Government. I am not either of these. And yes we did learn about the Gov. in school. HOWEVER with the CHANGE going on.
You think he is going to say no honey I am not going to sign that bill into law because I beleive that the Amercian parents have the right to Choice what their family eats. The schools already have health classes and the Dr.s tell them about eating healthy. Oh and the PTA`s have events or programs who they invite to speak to the children and the parents. We need less Government in people life. I DO think the American people can think and make a living for themselves. AS LONG AS there are job for us.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:

Your opinion may differ.
I posted the list of president's wives throughout our history and I got the link from the collected first ladies's own library. Nowhere in any of my posts in this thread have I stated or inferred that liberals and their educations are saviors of our nation or in any way affect the outcome or direction of this country. You want to make a point, make it on your own merits and not off the back of blatent mis-statements about my posts. I've read many of your posts. Frankly IMO, they are thin on facts, large on attitude and usually lacking of any redeeming feature except for the entertainment value a parrot has when repeating phrases learned by rote.

Your faction(the honorable right) wants the government to ban the right of a woman to choose, deny people of different sexual preferences the right to marry, prohibit stem cell research that will ultimately prevent and cure many afflictions yet simultaniously screams about the government interference guiding our children towards a healthy lunch. I don't get it...... ....I.......just......don't........get it.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofnorth View Post
Hey dymimagelv
I did`t whine. I asked a simple question. Seems to me if anyone does not agree with the person in office now days. They are either called RACES, WHINNER BABIES or hates the Government. I am not either of these. And yes we did learn about the Gov. in school. HOWEVER with the CHANGE going on.
You think he is going to say no honey I am not going to sign that bill into law because I beleive that the Amercian parents have the right to Choice what their family eats. The schools already have health classes and the Dr.s tell them about eating healthy. Oh and the PTA`s have events or programs who they invite to speak to the children and the parents. We need less Government in people life. I DO think the American people can think and make a living for themselves. AS LONG AS there are job for us.
I don't understand how you figure that by offering junk food at schools parents are getting to choose what their kids eat. Junk food or healthy food at school....it doesn't matter when it comes to parents having the right to feed their kids whatever they want.

Or do you think that all junk food should be made available everywhere for anyone anytime or parential "right" are being trampled upon? That isn't really logical but seems to be the train of thought you are following.

For example, if my childs school offered things like oatmeal or wheat toast for breakfast do you think a parents rights are violated because they want them to have a pop tart and they aren't available at the school?

If that is NOT what you think then I apologize, but can't for the life of me figure out what you are complaining about.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:43 AM

148 posts, read 550,451 times
Ceece
Just a simple question which party Dems or Reps. wifes had their husband pass a bill they where invovled in?? More Dems or Reps.??
(Your example) No the parents right is not violated because the school offers oatmeal and toast for breakfast. Whyshould taxpayers pay for breakfast and dinners for schools???? Yeah I do think its okay to offer junk food everywhere??
Complaining TO MUCH GOVERNMENT IN PEOPLES LIFE. NEXT they will tell us when to crap and how long? When we can think and when what we can`t .
Give people jobs should be at the top of the list.
I think most of the US citizens would rather have jobs first, When I was in school there was healthy choices. If I or anyone else wanted the junk food over healthy or healthy food over junk that was our choice. But there has always been healthy food in a school when I was growing up. There was always standards in school lunches.

Last edited by ladyofnorth; 01-03-2011 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: had to finish comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies