Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times

Advertisements

My memories were of eating breakfast at home, going to school with money to buy lunch or bringing my own lunch. My children did the same thing. If I ever found myself without money, I might starve but they would eat and wouldn't be at the mercy of a control freak like Michelle Obama.
What ever happened to feeding your own children anyway?
Please don't say the people are too poor, I think some may be but others are just to lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Tobacco contains nicotine, an addictive substance. A very difficult one to kick permanently.
Difficult does not equal impossible.
Many people have quit permanently.
For example, I quit 26 years ago. I know lots of other people who have also quit.

Quote:
If my local government can not provide books and basic supplies on a budget of over $200 million per year they have far more serious problems than fat students.
How many schools?
How much do utilities cost? Upkeep?
No of students?

Quote:
There is this thing called a veto .... I see this little project involves spending more money our government doesn't have.
And there is veto override.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
so obummer signs a bill that makes government more intrusive on the people, takes away repsonsibility of the people, and will do nothing for the heath of children, all at taxpayer expense

obummer, the obusha on steriods

Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Quote:
Yeah I do think its okay to offer junk food everywhere??
I think it's OKAY to offer junk food sometimes, at some places, too. But there is no good reason to offer it at schools and it sure as heck isn't an infringement on parential control if it's NOT offered somewhere.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:50 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Liberals loathe personal responsibility and have no problem picking taxpayer pockets to see their Utopian vision of big government control realized.
Keep em down, keep em enabled and keep em Democrats.
If it was up to you, little kids would probably still be sweat-shopping it up at factories, like they did in the early 1900s. Ah, those were the good old days; it taught them good "personal responsibility".

Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think it's OKAY to offer junk food sometimes, at some places, too. But there is no good reason to offer it at schools and it sure as heck isn't an infringement on parential control if it's NOT offered somewhere.
Junk food is not offered at schools. School lunches have always been under the eye of the USDA.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:40 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,349 times
They have to get rid of the Junk Food in the Kids' Schools. They need someplace to store all the condoms they're passing out.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Junk food is not offered at schools. School lunches have always been under the eye of the USDA.
That's comforting.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If it was up to you, little kids would probably still be sweat-shopping it up at factories, like they did in the early 1900s. Ah, those were the good old days; it taught them good "personal responsibility".
Using his premise, why should the government make any laws at all. Why make it illegal for pedophiles to be kept a certain distance away from schools? It should be the parents' responsibility to ensure that their child's safety is taken care of. These people are so blinded by their partisan bs, that they actually stop making any sense

Old 01-03-2011, 02:10 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Using his premise, why should the government make any laws at all. Why make it illegal for pedophiles to be kept a certain distance away from schools? It should be the parents' responsibility to ensure that their child's safety is taken care of. These people are so blinded by their partisan bs, that they actually stop making any sense
Right. I imagine most parents would rank their child eating a chocolate chip cookie right up there with having their child molested/killed by a Pedophile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies