Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I voted republican for 20 years, and didn't give it a lot of thought. Then came the bogus war in Iraq and I started paying attention. What I've learned is that GOP consistently opposes almost anything that would be favorable to the middle class.

They've become openly and shamelessly corporatist. They try to deflect by incessant whininng over the culture wars, but never take any substantive action in that regard. They just use it as a wedge to generate anger among working folks while they do their best to hold them down.

I now oppose most of their agenda.
Proving again that impersonating a Republican is more difficult than it seems.
Hint: It's the little things, the details that make or break the preformance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies