Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 PM

18,425 posts, read 19,077,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOOK!!!

You have no message quoted.

If a woman was having sex every day,perhaps she might try...birth control?
And yes,being diligent isn't a lot to ask really,from BOTH parties.

If BOTH parties are equally responsible,BOTH parties should share in the decision making...

I guess as long as you aren't one of the thousand babies aborted....

Sigh....no it is not a personal attack,it is interesting.
Would you mind answering the question,it is actually interesting to me.
what is it about birth control failing or a woman not knowing she is pregnant do you not want to admit to or consider?
women who use birth control also have abortions. are you saying if you have sex you should have the baby even if you are doing your best to not get pregnant?

I find it interesting you don't want to acknowledge this.

not sure what you want me question you want me to answer you find interesting?

do you think life begins at conception but you are still ok with abortion up to a few weeks but not, say 8 or 9 weeks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,905,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what is it about birth control failing or a woman not knowing she is pregnant do you not want to admit to or consider?
I am suggesting that perhaps just some forethought and care and diligence we might not need 1,000,000+ abortions a year....

Quote:
women who use birth control also have abortions. are you saying if you have sex you should have the baby even if you are doing your best to not get pregnant?
Personally that would indeed be the case.

Quote:
Acknowledge what?

Quote:
I am not sure what you are even stating here....LOL
Edit,okay this is the question:

Do you support pushing back the time period one can have an abortion as viability is also pushed back?

Quote:
do you think life begins at conception but you are still ok with abortion up to a few weeks but not, say 8 or 9 weeks?
Well...yes life begins at conception,when else would it start?
Yes, abortion prior to serious development is about it.

It is like this,a chicken egg can actually be fertilised by the rooster even when you eat it,but you cannot tell,however once there is a little chick in there that is nasty.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,451,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
That is just disgusting. Why go as far as killing the babies though. I have never understood that. There are so many people out there who want to adopt.
This is kinda my take on it. If a fetus is indeed viable, why not take it out alive and put it up for adoption? ESPECIALLY if late in a pregnancy... it's like those kids who dropped out of high school the last semester of senior year!

Old 01-20-2011, 03:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,008,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

Rarely does birth control fail when both consenting adults are utilizing it correctly. If a woman doesn't want a baby then the woman should learn her fertility cycle, monitor it, and avoid even protected sex during that brief monthly interval; or, if she is too irresponsible, she should have her tubes tied during her 1st abortion.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-20-2011 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,593,624 times
Quote:
Yes, abortion prior to serious development is about it.
That's hilarious. So you have determined that "serious development" occurs kinda somewhere around about early on? That's a scientific statement is it? Any data to back that up?

We have posted links to sites detailing fetal viability and how it is determined from a scientific point of view, and you have consistently decried it, now you state all on your own that abortion is okay prior to "serious development"? Wow, just wow. Just can't make this stuff up.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,243,330 times
Quote:
OKAY!!!
Enough with all the colors....
I have noticed they never have explained how one can say your pro choice and be againt abortions. Seems to me if it is the woman body and the womans choice that means she can kill when she wants

Old 01-20-2011, 03:58 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,593,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have noticed they never have explained how one can say your pro choice and be againt abortions. Seems to me if it is the woman body and the womans choice that means she can kill when she wants
Um....are you forgetting about Roe v. Wade? There are guidelines set, as has already been discussed extensively. These guidelines are there for very sound scientific and ethical reasosn........as has already been discussed extensively. Late-term abortions are the exception, and are only available under exceptional circumstances.....as has already been discussed extensively.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
That's hilarious. So you have determined that "serious development" occurs kinda somewhere around about early on? That's a scientific statement is it? Any data to back that up?

We have posted links to sites detailing fetal viability and how it is determined from a scientific point of view, and you have consistently decried it, now you state all on your own that abortion is okay prior to "serious development"? Wow, just wow. Just can't make this stuff up.
Abortion IS legal even when the baby is viable....

Funny that more 'enlightened' nations restrict abortion much more than here....

Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,135,811 times
Quote:
But women DO know when they had sex....now perhaps I might be giving this a little too much thought but I would think I might just make sure I am NOT pregnant if I was sexually active...

Here is a couple of scenarios.

Couple have been together for 4 years. They break up. Woman is no longer having sex so maybe she does not think to take a pregnancy test and period showed up on time, just was a little lighter than usual. She has not had sex for weeks and had a period so WHY would she get a pregnancy test? Not until the following month when a period never arrives does she get suspicious. By then it is 9 weeks out.

Another example that actually happenned:

I was having a surgery and HAD to take a pregnancy test as part of the pre-op work up. It was negative, so I had the surgery and low and behold a few WEEKS later I never got a period and took a test.

Turns out I was pregnant. Pregnant DURING the surgical procedure, you should have seen the doctors horrified looks when I had to tell them and ask what it was they gave me. They were very upset and worried. Fact is, they should have been, because I ended up miscarrying a few weeks later.

These are the things that happen IN REAL LIFE. Real life does not happen like it does on TV. People's bodies are all different and bad luck and errors and stick that do not show positive when they are happen.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Um....are you forgetting about Roe v. Wade? There are guidelines set, as has already been discussed extensively. These guidelines are there for very sound scientific and ethical reasosn........as has already been discussed extensively. Late-term abortions are the exception, and are only available under exceptional circumstances.....as has already been discussed extensively.
Not interested in the legal decisions,asking proponents to support THEIR position.

You haven't yet,others have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies