Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Do you see how ridiculous you point is?
No. But here's something I do find ridiculous ..... serving a menu like this while complaining about other peoples eating habits.

The dinner menu at the White House, served to Chinese president Hu Jintao.

First
D'Anjou Pear with Farmstead Goat Cheese Fennel, Black Walnuts, and White Balsamic

Second
Poached Maine Lobster
Orange Glaze Carrots and Black Trumpet Mushrooms

Wine: DuMol Chardonnay "Russian River" 2008 (California)

Lemon Sorbet

Main
Dry Aged Rib Eye with Buttermilk Crisp Onions
Double Stuffed Potatoes and Creamed Spinach

Wine: Quilceda Creek Cabernet "Columbia Valley" 2005 (Washington State)

Dessert
Old Fashioned Apple Pie
with Vanilla Ice Cream

Wine: Poet's Leap Riesling "Botrytis" 2008 (Washington State)

Look at all that fat, sugar and salt!

I'll bet it was expensive as well ..... perhaps the money could have gone to feed the starving children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 11:43 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Ummmm......do you read what you write?

This doctor was not doing LEGAL abortions........he was doing ILLEGAL abortions.......that is why he was arrested.

Doctors are often arrested for ILLEGALLY prescribing narcotics........does that mean we should ban the use of all narcotics for everyone?
Did you read what was written? Procedures are being done illegally. Some would say that it is rare. If being done illegally how do we know how rare it actually is?
The women going to him for these procedures were also violating the law.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:44 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Maybe you should talk to Michelle. She's the one frittering away her time on childhood obesity while children are starving.
So, you can only work on ONE problem at a time?

Do you really think the fact that we have a surge of obese children presenting with medical conditions like Type II diabetes, high cholesterol, etc., should be ingnored because we also have children going hungry?

And don't forget, it is the Republican Party that wants to cut social programs, many of which, provide a safety net for children living in poverty.

Michelle, as a Democrat, supports these programs. What is wrong with her trying to shine some light on the problem of obese children also? What is wrong with advocating for children to have a healthy diet and weight?

But then again, since when do pro-lifers care about what happens to children AFTER they are born.

I see why the concept is so foreign to you.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Pro-aborts have worked for years to keep abortion legal.

Obviously, their efforts have failed to end illegal abortions.
Quote:
I do not recall 2nd Amendment proponents saying legalizing guns will stop crimes being committed with guns. But I do seem to recall pro-abortion people saying for years we must legalize abortion to prevent the horrors of illegal abortions. I also recall being told we must legalize abortions to prevent the deaths of women from abortion. Looks like that one failed as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Did you read what was written? Procedures are being done illegally. Some would say that it is rare. If being done illegally how do we know how rare it actually is?
The women going to him for these procedures were also violating the law.

Do you really think banning abortion will do away with doctors like these?

Ban abortion and you will have thousands of doctors like this one popping up to fill the demand.

Why can't you understand that?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Michelle, as a Democrat, supports these programs. What is wrong with her trying to shine some light on the problem of obese children also? What is wrong with advocating for children to have a healthy diet and weight?
What Michelle is advocating is for other people to eat healthy, while she and BO gorge themselves upon burgers and apple pie. A common behavior of liberals.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Do you really think banning abortion will do away with doctors like these?
Pro-abortionists have stated for years that legalized abortion would prevent this. Are you saying this is not the case?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
No. But here's something I do find ridiculous ..... serving a menu like this while complaining about other peoples eating habits.

The dinner menu at the White House, served to Chinese president Hu Jintao.

First
D'Anjou Pear with Farmstead Goat Cheese Fennel, Black Walnuts, and White Balsamic

Second
Poached Maine Lobster
Orange Glaze Carrots and Black Trumpet Mushrooms

Wine: DuMol Chardonnay "Russian River" 2008 (California)

Lemon Sorbet

Main
Dry Aged Rib Eye with Buttermilk Crisp Onions
Double Stuffed Potatoes and Creamed Spinach

Wine: Quilceda Creek Cabernet "Columbia Valley" 2005 (Washington State)

Dessert
Old Fashioned Apple Pie
with Vanilla Ice Cream

Wine: Poet's Leap Riesling "Botrytis" 2008 (Washington State)

Look at all that fat, sugar and salt!

I'll bet it was expensive as well ..... perhaps the money could have gone to feed the starving children.
Ummm.....most rational people realize that even though you strive to maintain a healthy diet.......you make exceptions for SPECIAL occasions.

I think this dinner qualifies as a special occasion.

And yes, I am sure it cost a pretty penny......so what? The purpose of the dinner is to improve trade relations, etc., which could improve the job outlook for many Americans.......which in turn puts food on children's tables.

Ya know, you have to spend money to make money.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
What Michelle is advocating is for other people to eat healthy, while she and BO gorge themselves upon burgers and apple pie. A common behavior of liberals.
Eating healthy means finding the proper BALANCE in your diet.

I have watched what I eat my entire life......that does not mean I NEVER eat a cookie, eat pizza or have cake!

Oh, and let's not forget........Republicans have abortions too, even though they would like to take that right away from others.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Pro-abortionists have stated for years that legalized abortion would prevent this. Are you saying this is not the case?
Criminals do not follow the law. You are never going to rid the world of criminals.

There are laws in place regarding abortion, this man broke them, he is a criminal, that is why he was arrested and will go to jail.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing it get a major overhaul.
Me too. So, there is ONE thing we agree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies