Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 02:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I thought Roe v Wade was supposed to get rid of illegal abortions.

Guess not.
Obviously not.

If these women were cognizant of what was going on they should be charged with manslaughter, IMO. I wonder how many of them had been to other abortion clinics and turned down because they were too far along in their pregnancy?
Women: Pa. abortions left us sterile, near death - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110123/ap_on_re_us/us_abortion_clinic_investigation_8 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 02:28 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Are you trying to tell us that you watch the nightly and/or morning newscasts on ABC, ABC, and NBC? I'm not buying it. I'm betting heavily that you only watch things on the major networks if they are reposted on Fox pundits shows and on Rush's website.
So have they reported it?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:43 PM

2,622 posts, read 3,152,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
comparing these minor ailments to the complex medical issues late term abortion addresses is demeaning at best to any woman who has ever had to face such a choice.
People have been known to abort 1 of a pair of twins because they only wanted 1 child. Yes, it can be done & has been. Some have aborted girls because they want boys or boys because they want girls. Some have aborted because they "weren't ready for children". Next argument?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:57 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
I just read the grand jury inditement filled with over 200 pages on this case & it is the most horrible thing I think I have ever read.
Babies that were alive & moving for 20 to 30 minutes & the jokes this DR made about them before he cut their little throats.
The woman who worked there for $8 to $12 dollars an hour & were not only complicite but, also committed murder under the DRS. direction.
He also charged by how far along these woman were & extra for meds.
Reused dirty bloody instuments & this caused many to contract various venereal diseases, & illnesses.

This guy needs to die & his groupies with him IMO.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:59 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obviously not.

If these women were cognizant of what was going on they should be charged with manslaughter, IMO. I wonder how many of them had been to other abortion clinics and turned down because they were too far along in their pregnancy?
Women: Pa. abortions left us sterile, near death - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110123/ap_on_re_us/us_abortion_clinic_investigation_8 - broken link)
Oh but you must not have read the entire article. Dontchaknow .... it was the fault of the evil pro-life picketers that these poor things were forced to flee to this cesspool.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummm.....most rational people realize that even though you strive to maintain a healthy diet.......you make exceptions for SPECIAL occasions.

I think this dinner qualifies as a special occasion.

And yes, I am sure it cost a pretty penny......so what? The purpose of the dinner is to improve trade relations, etc., which could improve the job outlook for many Americans.......which in turn puts food on children's tables.

Ya know, you have to spend money to make money.
So when BO and Michelle stuff themselves with calorie-laden food just crammed full of artery-clogging fat, hypertension-inducing salt and diabetes-producing sugar we just give them as pass because there's a good reason for it?

Old 01-23-2011, 04:09 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
People have been known to abort 1 of a pair of twins because they only wanted 1 child. Yes, it can be done & has been. Some have aborted girls because they want boys or boys because they want girls. Some have aborted because they "weren't ready for children". Next argument?

abortion is legal first trimester for what ever the reason. 89% of abortions are done then. you were suggesting people have late term abortions for no medical reason which are untrue. most women find out the sex of their pregnancy at 18 to 20 weeks which puts them in the second close to third trimester. the majority of women do not change their mind that late in the game.

your moral stance against abortion on demand because the woman isn't ready is understandable but to presume and promote the idea late term abortions are done for funzies is incorrect. the person in the OP is a deranged criminal.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:11 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
So when BO and Michelle stuff themselves with calorie-laden food just crammed full of artery-clogging fat, hypertension-inducing salt and diabetes-producing sugar we just give them as pass because there's a good reason for it?
it is doubtful the POTUS and his first lady don't eat like this everyday or both them and their children would have a far different appearance.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Eating healthy means finding the proper BALANCE in your diet.

I have watched what I eat my entire life......that does not mean I NEVER eat a cookie, eat pizza or have cake!

Oh, and let's not forget........Republicans have abortions too, even though they would like to take that right away from others.
Good for you for watching what you eat. I'd suggest Michelle watch what she eats as well. It is her insistence on watching what others eat that has many of us annoyed.

I seriously doubt anyone keeps records of the political affiliations of women who have abortions. I know it's of no real interest to me.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
YES. Do you think they eat that way every day? They splurged during a special occasion......no big deal. Stuff themselves? Who said they stuffed themselves? They probably had small, sensible sized portions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies