Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 05:53 PM

18,407 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I am asking HER,not you.
she has answered you as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 06:12 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I am asking HER,not you.
As hula clearly stated, I have answered multiple times.

Why use viability as a cut-off? Because the baby can survive outside the womb from that point on (in theory). Also the nerve pathways are developing, and the fetus is thought to feel pain from 28-30 weeks. Those combined support my view of why on-demand abortion should not continue past viability.

Now it's your turn to actually answer a question. Why do you support abortion early on, and then not?

Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
As hula clearly stated, I have answered multiple times.

Why use viability as a cut-off? Because the baby can survive outside the womb from that point on (in theory). Also the nerve pathways are developing, and the fetus is thought to feel pain from 28-30 weeks. Those combined support my view of why on-demand abortion should not continue past viability.
What does the baby have to do with it??
Seriously, isn't this a woman issue not a baby issue?

Quote:
Now it's your turn to actually answer a question. Why do you support abortion early on, and then not?
Very early on I would allow it,I don't ever support it.
What is it based on?
I would say that viability can vary and so better to err on the side of caution,which would be in the first 12 weeks.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:44 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
beside privacy for me, which I wish was more spelled out in roe v wade is my right to do with my body what I want without someone I don't know telling me different simply because i don't live my life as they would want me to.

the laws, the restrictions we have now on abortion are restriction enough.
unlike most anti choice folks want us to believe, women are not aborting late term almost or completely viable babies because it is swimsuit season.
Yeah, I hear you. I just think that it probably wouldn't be very difficult to overturn Roe v. Wade on the grounds that "privacy" just doesn't hold up as an argument. I'd rather it be something along the lines of self-determination or even self-defense - something a little firmer.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:17 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Yeah, I hear you. I just think that it probably wouldn't be very difficult to overturn Roe v. Wade on the grounds that "privacy" just doesn't hold up as an argument. I'd rather it be something along the lines of self-determination or even self-defense - something a little firmer.
Roe V. Wade will never be overturned for the same reasons it became law in the first place. That reason is because there will never, ever be a consensus on when life begins. The conflict of personhood among the various religions and among scientists places the beginning of life at seven different points during a pregnancy ranging from conception to the actual birth. If Roe V. Wade were ever to come before the Supreme Court again, the same issues regarding no consensus on personhood would keep the law in place.

When does human life become a human personhood

Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Roe V. Wade will never be overturned for the same reasons it became law in the first place. That reason is because there will never, ever be a consensus on when life begins. The conflict of personhood among the various religions and among scientists places the beginning of life at seven different points during a pregnancy ranging from conception to the actual birth. If Roe V. Wade were ever to come before the Supreme Court again, the same issues regarding no consensus on personhood would keep the law in place.

When does human life become a human personhood
Unfortunately, I"m not so sure about THE PRESENT Supreme Court.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:50 AM

2,623 posts, read 3,152,470 times
Sadly, this happens every day, just to babies a few weeks or months younger. All in the name of reproductive choice.

Could this have something to do with increasing numbers of children killing their parents in recent years? The parents kill their children, children of that generation later kill their parents. Something to think about. God says we reap what we sow.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Um....are you forgetting about Roe v. Wade? There are guidelines set, as has already been discussed extensively. These guidelines are there for very sound scientific and ethical reasosn........as has already been discussed extensively. Late-term abortions are the exception, and are only available under exceptional circumstances.....as has already been discussed extensively.
if a woman has a right to choose to kill why should she be limited. And as this Dr in this thread proves she is not

Old 01-21-2011, 08:35 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
if a woman has a right to choose to kill why should she be limited. And as this Dr in this thread proves she is not
The so-called doctor in this thread---he needs his license revoked---was acting ILLEGALLY. Late term abortions are not on demand and the way he took advantage of those desperate immigrant and low income women is shameful. This has nothing to do with a woman/couples choosing to abort within the limits of the law. If abortions were to be made illegal again, unethical and money hungry abortionists like this doctor would become the norm again. You will never stop abortions just by making it illegal. I, for one, don't want to go back to a time where our daughters/sisters/friends/mothers die in back alleys while getting a procedure with no oversight from the medical community.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:43 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Sadly, this happens every day, just to babies a few weeks or months younger. All in the name of reproductive choice.

Could this have something to do with increasing numbers of children killing their parents in recent years? The parents kill their children, children of that generation later kill their parents. Something to think about. God says we reap what we sow.
If anything, it is the opposite. Children killing parents who abuse them. Why do parents abuse children? They did not want or could not afford them in the first place and they take out their anger and stress on the children.

Ban abortion and you will have more abused children, not less........and more abused children striking back against their abusers.

THAT IS THE REALITY OF IT ALL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies