Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
No, I don't know anything about Islam. What would happen if they were to take it off for one hour?

They blow up...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Muslim women cover themselves in front of men who are not blood relatives to prevent impure thoughts and acts. To force them to expose themselves against their will in front of a gymnasium full of people is just a fundamental violation of their religious tenants.

You know typing comes in black now, right?
Do school rules force that girl to play? If she doesn't want to display as much skin as the other players she can always sit on the bench, at games, and just practice where fewer men will see her.

I don't remember being lustful at all at girls' basketball games but then who knows about some pervs.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do those nuns wear their uniforms over or under their religious clothes? I can't say I have ever seen any nuns playing a basketball game.
I've seen one referee in a habit... seriously.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If the Olympics and other premiere international athletic events don't have a problem what is the problem with some New Jersey middle school?

MUSLIM WOMEN IN SPORTS: Muslim Women Are Taking Part In Aqua-Aerobic And Swimming Events!

MUSLIM WOMEN IN SPORTS: More Pictures of Muslim Sportswomen From Youth Olympics
I wonder if many would consider those damned non-Muslims cheaters when they warm up with their sweats on with the hood up and then take everything, especially the hood off to compete. It seems that we may need to make up special rules to keep those Christians from taking advantage of clothing rules for competition.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh yea. Which districts are those?
All of them that go by the national rules for basketball competition. Most states have rules that forbid the wearing of jewelry that could cause serious injury to the wearer since it is a contact sport.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've seen one referee in a habit... seriously.
That is not a part of getting in the lane to disrupt the movement of the other team. Yes, I have seen nuns officiating at Catholic schools but they didn't try to go down the floor full force in the middle of the court, either.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:55 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Maryland: Middle-school girls basketball league changes safety rules to allow hijab - Jihad Watch

They said they waived the safety rule when the parents said they would accept responsibility if something happened to their daughter. That SOUNDS good at first but you can bet that if something DID happen they would be quick to sue the school system. Also, what kind of parents are more concerned about making their kid wear a hijab than about the potential of a serious neck injury (the hijab wraps completely around the neck)?
What is next, approval of large hoop nose rings from exchange students from Africa? What about those neck rings?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That is not a part of getting in the lane to disrupt the movement of the other team. Yes, I have seen nuns officiating at Catholic schools but they didn't try to go down the floor full force in the middle of the court, either.
I never said otherwise...

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
I don't think safety rules should be excepted in schools, ever. It is a slippery slope. If this gal gets injured some lawyer will find a way to sue the school district.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What is next, approval of large hoop nose rings from exchange students from Africa? What about those neck rings?
Long hair can cause pain & penalties in football, but Samoans don't mind because it's part of their culture: Steelers victory had everything, including a bizarre hair tackle
This same player actually insured his hair for $1M, in case something like that happens again: Football Player Gets Hair Insured for $1 Million

Again, if they're willing to accept responsibility for any hazards, why do you care? And it's not like the girl wants to wear a full burka, she just wants to wear the head-scarf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies