Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,728,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Funny you would criticize my typeface preference but be so adamant about your clothing - sports attire preference.
That one made absolutely no sense.

Quote:
Also, too bad the men can't control their own "impure thoughts" and that it wasn't left up to girls and women . . . excuse me for saying that from my perspective, this is very sad. Girls/women are punished for the thoughts of males . . .why do people ascribe to this kinds of ideas . . . these dogmas?
Pretty absurd, isn't it? What next? People are going to want to take time out of education to talk to a magical, invisible man in the sky? They're going to condemn others for not worshipping and making sacrifices to their god? When will it stop?!?!

(bottom line: if we're going to tolerate one religion's quirks, we're going to tolerate all religions quirks. Not really your place to judge regarding what people choose to wear or not to express their beliefs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No, too damn liberal.
At least you admit freedom of religion and expression are core liberal values. That's a big step for you!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,947,636 times
Maybe if they cannot abide by public school coaching rules and need special religious rules they should go to special religious schools where this wouldn't be an issue.

This isn't reasonable because it impacts their welfare and the game . . . it could cause neck injuries, their sight might be impeded, someone might pull their scarves off . . .then what? Holy hell would break out.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,121,714 times
If the Olympics and other premiere international athletic events don't have a problem what is the problem with some New Jersey middle school?

MUSLIM WOMEN IN SPORTS: Muslim Women Are Taking Part In Aqua-Aerobic And Swimming Events!

MUSLIM WOMEN IN SPORTS: More Pictures of Muslim Sportswomen From Youth Olympics

Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,947,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That one made absolutely no sense.

[b][color=#2e8b57]

Pretty absurd, isn't it? What next? People are going to want to take time out of education to talk to a magical, invisible man in the sky? They're going to condemn others for not worshipping and making sacrifices to their god? When will it stop?!?!

(bottom line: if we're going to tolerate one religion's quirks, we're going to tolerate all religions quirks. Not really your place to judge regarding what people choose to wear or not to express their beliefs)
My personal belief is that religion is at the core of much that is wrong in the world. I know you have a right to your religion and of course I support your right to it. But I don't respect it. And I am the only person who can judge what is ok or not ok for me to judge. Not you! I am judging most religious beliefs as detrimental to society, and especially those that are dogmatic or fanatic.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Maybe if they cannot abide by public school coaching rules and need special religious rules they should go to special religious schools where this wouldn't be an issue.

This isn't reasonable because it impacts their welfare and the game . . . it could cause neck injuries, their sight might be impeded, someone might pull their scarves off . . .then what? Holy hell would break out.
You're a strong supporter of the nanny state in which we use regulation and governing bodies to keep people from hurting themselves. That's fine. I'm not much of a liberal, but I guess someone has to be. I prefer to stand for personal responsibility and freedom of religion, as guaranteed in our founding documents.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,313,835 times
This isn't a big deal. Sometimes people act as if chaing a standing rule is the most horrible thing in the world. Usually, you know, it's not. Just remember that just as many people were angry when many of our standing rules were created. It's funny to think about.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,006,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You foreigners have totally bent over backwards to political correctness and lies
No, they bent forwards.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,284,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are aware that in many school districts the wearing of jewelery is forbidden. You know, like those Crucifix and St. Christopher medals.

I guess now they will allowed to wear them. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Oh yea. Which districts are those?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh yea. Which districts are those?
He already admitted he has no idea. Just made it up as a broad platitude. Didn't even look to see whether there's any correlation to this particular district.

Angry amateur night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies