Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 01:38 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,074,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
With Communist leanings. you think just because they move to America to get educated(go figure), they leave all their values behind?

NONSENSE
If you know it is nonsense, then why do you insist on saying it? You are only embarrasing yousel.... your post.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,519,702 times
Quote:
With Communist leanings. you think just because they move to America to get educated(go figure), they leave all their values behind?

NONSENSE
They didnt move here, they were born here.
They are just as much as an American as me and you.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
The 2010 SAT college entrance test results are in. Historically, back in the day when I went to MIT, the common wisdom was that Asians scored better in math, but were disadvantaged because of the verbal scores.

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the Terms of Service.

Asian Americans are #1 on the SAT

They will be the new American Elite
Like everybody else said....they care about education and not materials.

A value missing in some communities a few in particular.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,310,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Yet Asian Americans only hold 2 percent of CEO positions in this country, despite accounting for 22 percent of all college seats filled. IQ have bearing on success. Self-discipline aND emotional intelligence are what really matter. Asians dont allow their kids to self explore and play when they are younger. Thats where creativity is built. Sitting a 4 year old in front of a math and science book may teach rote memory, but the kid who has a well disciplined, well rounded upbringing will do far better in the long haul.
That is because a disproportionate higher number of Asians go into fields like medicine, engineering and law which don't enable one to become CEO. They elect to go into those fields because a person is statistically more likely to succeed, earn a higher income and have job security. Most people who enter the business field don't earn a 6 figure salary and have little job security. MBA's are a dime a dozen. The likelihood of one becoming a CEO is rare and most physicians earn more than most CEO's anyway. Not every CEO heads a Fortune 500 company and earns millions.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM

593 posts, read 470,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
If you know it is nonsense, then why do you insist on saying it? You are only embarrasing yousel.... your post.
Because there are others who are jaded on here that need to know the facts. you just wasted keystrokes typing that BS

Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
They didnt move here, they were born here.
They are just as much as an American as me and you.
Not all of them. and if you believe they were ALL born here, I got a bridge in Alabama for sale complete with fairies and pixy dusted elephants holding it up. wanna buy it?

Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Simple answer to the topic:

The Asians are left alone to work, live and play without any distractions, discrimnation, hatred or intimidation from white society. same with the Hindus from India. America gives them a pass.

It's a no-brainer really.
And how would you know this since you are not Asian? I've heard and witnessed plenty of anti-Asian remarks that go all the way back to the Vietnam era and many of those comments are still expressed. It seems like you are trying to rationalize their success and coming up with weak reasons.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Like everybody else said....they care about education and not materials.

A value missing in some communities a few in particular.
If you moved to China tomorrow with a Grant from their Government to focus only on your studies, you'd do the same and not focus on material items either. .

Old 07-09-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
And how would you know this since you are not Asian? I've heard and witnessed plenty of anti-Asian remarks that go all the way back to the Vietnam era and many of those comments are still expressed. It seems like you are trying to rationalize their success and coming up with weak reasons.
Point me to the nearest Asian ghetto in America and I'll show you. Exactly, there are none in America. Why is that? hmmmmm.....Grants from the Government to make sure this doesn't happen maybe?

It's a known fact Asians are not discrimnated against in America, if much at all, so their success is hinged on not being bothered, intimidated, etc....

You can pluck and African out of Ghana tomorrow and do the same thing with them and watch them run circles around you in Education.

It's a no-brainer really.

What happens when you leave a tree alone to grow? it gets BIG and STRONG... same concept here.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Get this; the internal combustion engine ( and its many variants), the automobile, locomotive, flight, rockets, cures for polio and venereal diseases, radar, sonar, the telephone, the internet...and of course computers...all invented by White People. And that's just a small sample. Nevermind things like electricity and nuclear technology. Or even putting a man on the moon. Which Asian invented that stuff?
If we are going to get technical, the numerical system, mathetmatics, the alphabet, the wheel and many other inventions were invented by Asians namely Indians. All of those inventions above would not have been invented without those tools. And many Asians were involved with many of those inventions you described above particularly the internet.

I think this argument is absurd as well. However, I do think there are superior cultures. And yes, I thin the Asian culture is superior because it stresses discipline, work ethic, family and education. Why is it that Asians can move to this country with nothing and become successful. It has a lot to do with their culture. But in terms of race, sorry that sounds a little to fascist to me and I don't want to argue that.
Quote:
So what if Asians have high I.Q.'s? In the annals of human history, it certainly hasn't put them any further ahead of other industrialized nations. They can't touch the Germans when it comes to application of knowledge. Check the patents and get back to me.
I don't think standardized tests measure IQ as much as they do work ethic. People put a lot of hours preparing for those exams. You have to memorize vocabulary, math equations and do lots of practice tests to excel on those tests. People don't just appear for those exams and do well. That is a myth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies