Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Unlike all those untrue facts out there. I really hate untrue facts.
Fact's are what people believe...if you read this board, fact's can and will differ, between each person....read any thread on Rush, or the president...you will see a difference, cause everyone thinks their facts are correct....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you're working, you haven't "retired at 38". It really is one or the other. Sounds like you left a job with a 24K yearly pension, which is nice. I'm very happy you're comfortably.
I am retired, from the Army.....I completed 21 years, so I am retired, at 38 ...and now I continue to work...You don't go into the Army for the money...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 04:17 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
if people cant figure it out for there kids, then the govt should step in imo.

i have no problems with that healthy foods initiative recently passed.

many parents are killing their kids down the line with all the junk they are buying them.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:34 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
"If you want to post a picture of yourself with nothing but a pair of shorts on then I'll do the same."

Oh please no....

Oh I will, you say when. In fact i won't be in shorts, but be in leggings and a breech clout. I weigh 155 pounds, at 5' 10" and am 59 years old.

I hate seeing doctors for any reason and so i don't very often, maybe once in 5 years.

I don't care what the Govt says i have to do. I won't be paying or buying any Ins I don't decide i want period.

If people have fat kids then theose kids need to be working out one way or another. That fat 160 pound 2nd grader must be a disgusting slug of a kid. Maybe the next fuel source.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Have I, yes I have....but these are friends...that I could trust....that are older than me and (gasp) I trust them....But my mother and father did not raise a person to rely on what others say or do.....

A school counselor...why? are you afraid to make a decision on your own? No, I have never talked to a school counselor about my son...What I do though...is every night I sit down and talk with my son....see how his day went...what he learned....I even talk to him about how his time on the play ground was....while at school.....I know this may sound like a novel Idea to talk to your children....some people should try it....

I also get out and play with my son (another novel idea some parents should try)...most every night....he loves to play street hockey...when it's cold like it is now, I warm up our garage and play 30 minutes or so with him...more sometimes..just depends on how I feel...

Pediatricians...of course I take my son....Do I trust him/her....not on the first several visits....Before I do that....I ensure I have references...from FRIENDS that also use him/her....even then...I do research on him/her before going....I also do some research on the symptoms are here on this thing called the internet...and If I don't like him/her on the first impression....my son does not go back....I'm not shy to tell someone I don't like them....

Then guess what...I ask him/her questions WHILE they are doing their evaluation on my son....then guess what, and this may SHOCK some people....my son gets SHOTS...........not some damn antibiotics that may or may not work....or weeks to work...a few days and done...

The parent is responsible....not the government, not my neighbor, not my school...damn sure not a counselor....ME and ME alone....I need NOBODY to tell me how to raise my child....I never said I did not need help (only for certain things, not what to feed my son), and BTW my son has made every honor role since being in school...he is in the 4th grade....
I hear that loud and clear. My son is 30 now, and has no scar from a doctors ideas on a herniated spleen. That doctor wanted to hack up my sons body with out testing. I was called in from work as a foreign car tech and showed up in my uniform.

I had a fight with the intern, 2 nurses and my wife of the time, then the blasted doctor, because no one had done any testing. I asked the doctor what my sons BP was, and the doctor picked up a interns report and stated numbers. I decided these numbers were about right for a kid in pain, and there were no leaks. I asked what about an ultra sond, and the doctor told me the tech was off for the day. I told the doctor to get his tech in and do the dammned tests.

The tests were done and my kid had a hematoma, which i suspected as I learned of the incident that led there.

I had to learn on the fly as I was asked for permission to slice my son up. I know what a spleen is, and in a real bad fall it can be ruptured, but if to there is a hard loss of BP which wasn't there.

Man all those people hated my gutts, for having gutts.

Later I have that same doc do a vasectomy, His female nurse mentioned stepping out at a point in time, and i said if you go i go too.

It was a deep matter of trust, and i wasn't handing over the family jewels to any doctor i didn't trust. I wanted her for a witness.

That doc turned out to be WRONG once more, as he promised my wife of the time i would be out of action for 2 weeks, and I wasn't for a full 48 hours.

They don't make men like me, and you any more.

The damest thing is, for a long time my kid was pissed at me because he didn't get the scar!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
In the great debate about Obamacare and should we or shouldn't we have government run health insurance, there's an even bigger issue. America is a very unhealthy country. We do not take good care of ourselves or our children. Why aren't we trying to prevent illness instead of waiting until we already have it to do something about it? People are SUPPOSED to watch what they eat. People are SUPPOSED to work-out. Tobacco is NOT good for you. Too much alchohol can cause health problems. I have a sister that teaches second grade, her students get fatter every year. My friend's wife is a dietician, one of her clients is a second grader that weighs 160lbs! Second graders aren't supposed to weigh 160lbs! She said the parents are clue-less about eating healthy. Odds are that child will heart disease by the age of 20. I like to binge out once in awhile. On the weekends I'll hit Dairy Queen or grab a cheesesteak, but I don't go to Sam's Club and load my cart up with processed food and french fries either. I just think there is an underlying issue we need to look at.
The government should have no role in health insurance. People should take responsibility for their own health care.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I take care of my son just fine....are you telling me I don't?

I don't need you or anyone else telling me how to run my life or my families life....

Sorry, but you fail............
Too bad everyone's not like you. What a nasty attitude. It's good that you take care of your son. Did you know that there are people in this country that don't or can't, for a variety of reasons, be as great as you are at taking care of their offspring. Some people need help with nutrition for their families. Be thankful that you don't.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
It should be.
So says Denmark.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:06 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
. I just think there is an underlying issue we need to look at.

What issue is that? The issue of people being free to choose what to eat ???

Old 01-24-2011, 04:26 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's not the governments job to legislate those things

no it isnt, but they sure as heck are trying. give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:20 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoller View Post
Too bad everyone's not like you. What a nasty attitude. It's good that you take care of your son. Did you know that there are people in this country that don't or can't, for a variety of reasons, be as great as you are at taking care of their offspring. Some people need help with nutrition for their families. Be thankful that you don't.

See, here is whats wrong with the world today. People say I have a NASTY attitude....I say I'm a straight forward person....I don't raise my voice, I don't yell, (unless it becomes extremely nesscary).

I never have considerd myself "great" as you say, I had a great dad, and now when my son has his children, I hope he instills what I gave my son in them.

Can't and won't....there is a HUGE difference in those words....If people would figure that out....the U.S.A. would be a better place....

If you "won't" then keep your pants up and legs closed...

If you can't then thats a differenty story, people are injured everyday that inable them to take care of their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies