Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
OK, I apologize. I have a daughter who can't spell well, either. Maybe you should install firefox, which gives you a spell-checker here on CD.
I use firefox as well as Microsoft word, You should see what my writing looks like unedited. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:12 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Several months back I heard a great NPR program. The gist of it was that in parts of Europe (sorry, I don't remember the exact countries, but I think England was one of them) they run many public service announcements to encourage people to go for regular check-ups, preventative care Dr. visits, and to go to the Dr. early on when ill. Why? Because they have government healthcare and the cost benefits are that preventative care, and early detection saves millions in healthcare expenses.

What would happen in our society if we saved millions in healthcare by preventative care? The insurance companies would suffer financial loss and perhaps the medical industry, too.

From a broad spectra in America maybe we're too focused on making a buck rather than saving a buck.
Don't forget, in Europe, Natural Medicine is on a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD with conventional western medicine. Natural Medicine as I was saying is the only thing that can really prevent or reverse anything that is chronic or degenerative.

Here if the conventioinal medical establishment had its way, there would be no such thing as Natural Medicine in this country. They poo poo it here. Why? BECAUSE IT WORKS and they see it as a threat to the ongoing scam of pushing prescription drugs on people who could probably very easily be made healthy enough so they would no longer NEED the prescriptions---if they only knew that in order to do that they'd need to be seeing a Naturo[athic Doctor (like a modern day Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman). The problem is, most Americans aren't even aware there is another type of doctor---on purpose. They think medical doctors are supposed to know everything there is to know about illness and wellness etc. which is dead wrong. The media helps keep the lie going. In actuality,they know very little. They do know how to help in ACUTE situations. That is their forte but they have little to offer someone with chronic or degnerative issues .

Instead what they DO know, is how to make as much money as they can for as long as they can while you are sick. Again, as I said before, it is all about the MONEY.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's not the governments job to legislate those things
But there are things they can do to "steer" us (even if it angers the top food kings who care about the bottom line as numero uno), since they have the power. It's already happening - I can't wait to see more. I hope the movement can remain corruption-free!! Dear God, please. The last thing we need is crooks and shady characters in the healthy-bodies-for-a-better-America movement!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:57 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
I hope the movement can remain corruption-free!!
Ha ha.....Thanks I needed a laugh this morning...

You cannot corrupt what is already corrupt....

Old 01-30-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ha ha.....Thanks I needed a laugh this morning...

You cannot corrupt what is already corrupt....
Nope. Today's food kings and all their lower henchmen, cronies, cheerleaders and, to some extent, their customers too, are the corrupt ones who do not care about our veins, arteries and cells

Old 01-30-2011, 07:28 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
Nope. Today's food kings and all their lower henchmen, cronies, cheerleaders and, to some extent, their customers too, are the corrupt ones who do not care about our veins, arteries and cells
I agree, However, those new people, who are their bosses...the same people who were there before...

I hope your right...but if Mrs. O is heading this thing up...its already a done deal....

Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I agree, However, those new people, who are their bosses...the same people who were there before...

I hope your right...but if Mrs. O is heading this thing up...its already a done deal....
oh okay.

sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies