Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Explained this in a different post, but "we" is the whole. No one part of the whole can fix a problem. In our world the fifteen minutes of fame has gotten too long, so now we like litte quick summaries of a sentence. This can't communicate an idea. So we hear the shortened version and miss the whole context.

The government, as a group of individuals guided by laws and conventions, must take responsibility to look at the reality rather than fight within itself. People must learn to see beyond the quicky summaries that fit in a sentence and look at all the ideas can represent, not just now but later. I hope we have not been dummed down so much this is lost. And instead of agendas and sides, everyone needs to start thinking in terms of ideas over partasian sides. All the hate that is being spewed is obscuring the deepening problems, but it makes people feel better when they have nice pat answers so they don't ask the questions that need to be asked.

In short "we" is everyone who is effected because everyone is a part.
Using your definition, "we" do not agree that the economic downturn is over. You might want to warn people when you use the "Royal" pronoun, because otherwise it appears as if you are speaking for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
For all of those Bush haters.

Todays economy is worse then at ANY time under Bush for 8 years.

At no time did Americans hurt as bad as they are today under Obamas watch under Bush.

52 consecutive months of job growth under Bush. If you wanted to work you could find a job.

Under Obama, 23 consecutive months of job losses and you cannot find a job to save your butt.

We are in the worst economic times since the depression and getting worse every day.

Stop the stock market BS people.

Only the rich successful people ( who lefties hate ) can invest in the stock market right now ( and the loons want to tax them to death and steal their money ) and the middle class and poor cannot invest because of this current economic mess under Obama.

On one hand the loons hate successful people but then turn around and applaud the successful rich people for investing in the stock market.

Typical left wing BS and hypocrisy.

Or better yet, the left just dont get it period.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:17 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
[quote=EinsteinsGhost;17558137]I wasn't aware that it took five years after the crash in 1929 to be seen as a financial disaster of mega-proportions. I'm pretty sure politicians weren't finding support for claiming... "the fundamentals of American economy are strong" even couple of years down the road.

But in reality, I see this current debacle only an effect of the economic health of the nation since the recession of 2001. It simply never recovered.

Thanks for pointing that out EinsteinsGhost because I was really confused by that sustained growth through 2007 and 4.4% unemployment in November of 2006.

US in United States 1990-2010 - Federal State Local Real Gross Domestic Product GDP History&state=US&color=c&local=s

The United States Unemployment Rate (http://www.miseryindex.us/urbymonth.asp - broken link)

Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,173 times
[quote=momonkey;17597311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I wasn't aware that it took five years after the crash in 1929 to be seen as a financial disaster of mega-proportions. I'm pretty sure politicians weren't finding support for claiming... "the fundamentals of American economy are strong" even couple of years down the road.

But in reality, I see this current debacle only an effect of the economic health of the nation since the recession of 2001. It simply never recovered.

Thanks for pointing that out EinsteinsGhost because I was really confused by that sustained growth through 2007 and 4.4% unemployment in November of 2006.

US in United States 1990-2010 - Federal State Local Real Gross Domestic Product GDP History&state=US&color=c&local=s

The United States Unemployment Rate (http://www.miseryindex.us/urbymonth.asp - broken link)

The depression happened because fdr stole everything from people,metals,gold,silver then shut down the banks. If you had property, and the Deed was in the bank in a security box,when fdr reopened the banks your property was gone as well as the Deed to it. That is what caused the depression.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
[quote=12GO;17597503]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

The depression happened because fdr stole everything from people,metals,gold,silver then shut down the banks. If you had property, and the Deed was in the bank in a security box,when fdr reopened the banks your property was gone as well as the Deed to it. That is what caused the depression.
And that can happen again. After the 2001 event, I belive all porperty was re-evaluated. It sure was in NH and in Oct 04 that deed was done. The State said it was done to lower taxes, but what happend wasn't any lowering of taxes while the tax rate did drop.

What happened was every single place in NH was re-evaluatred to be worth no less than $100,000.oo no matter what it had been worth before.

I know because I was looking at a 1930's vintage cottage. One day the asking price was $33,000.oo and the next the asking price was $165,000.oo with as much as a new nail.

The place was sold for $135,000.oo way too much, and today stands empty. I wonder why that is.......

Old 01-29-2011, 04:35 PM

256 posts, read 216,299 times
I really don't care if it is called a depression, a recession, a slump or even a boom. And I doubt that any of the out-of-work-and-can't-find-any people that I know could care what name it is given.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I wasn't aware that it took five years after the crash in 1929 to be seen as a financial disaster of mega-proportions. I'm pretty sure politicians weren't finding support for claiming... "the fundamentals of American economy are strong" even couple of years down the road.

It was called a "jobless recovery". Easy credit..let anyone breathing go into debt so they had money, bankster money, to spend. Keep the bubble inflating so they could take out even more debt to feel like they had money.

Yeah..access to easy debt can make economies soar (on false premises).

Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It was called a "jobless recovery". Easy credit..let anyone breathing go into debt so they had money, bankster money, to spend. Keep the bubble inflating so they could take out even more debt to feel like they had money.

Yeah..access to easy debt can make economies soar (on false premises).

And what better way is there to gain total controll?

If the govt offered any way out, any way at all, wouldn't cold tired and hungery people jump on it?

I think I see a pattern, which is by design, no accident.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Take a look around the world folks..this is a global problem.
High unemployment, increasing poverty, inflation, anger at a government that kept the riches at the top and full of corruption.

Recovery ??

Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
And what better way is there to gain total controll?

If the govt offered any way out, any way at all, wouldn't cold tired and hungery people jump on it?

I think I see a pattern, which is by design, no accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cqN4NIEtOY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies