Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM

102 posts, read 100,497 times

Advertisements

[quote=theunbrainwashed;17594853]Good on Leicester. Don't see how it's relevant. You

Whats upset you, I'M not saying stop killing each other, I'M just saying stunners will be available to those who dont want to murder their countrymen. You will allow them stunners wont you?

Dont lets fall out over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobee View Post
IFyou dont mind I will visit my relations when I like.

I am a qualified teacher of humanties, qualfied to give my opinion of the bible.
And if you don't mind, I prefer that you keep your gun grabbing opinions to yourself when you visit here, because you will not win. Especially since you are a visitor and not a citizen, unqualified to give an opinion on OUR gun laws, just like I am unqualified to comment on your insane political correctness laws and invasive, widespread use of CCTV. But hey since you are basing your qualifications on the fact that you have family here, I have a future wife who is British so here's my opinion, I think the EHRC needs to be scrapped as it has the most useless quangos in the country, next to the Department of Energy and Climate Change

Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:

Dont lets fall out over this.
We've already fallen out over this. You presume a right to lecture us on our rights and beliefs.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but you have no business expecting it to be well received here.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by descentofman View Post
The right to have and bare arms is not absolute. You do not have a right to a Machine gun [ they are very tightly regulated] You do not have a right to C4 and you do not have a right to a 30mm AA gun or a nuke. So the government can regulate guns and ammo.
actually the regulations are not as tight as you make them out to be. as long as you are a legal US citizen, have no criminal record or history of mental illness, and have $200(the last time i looked into it), you too can have an FFL which would allow you to own quite a large number of weapons of a substantial caliber. you could for instance own your own tank as long as the gun barrel is spiked(and yes you can get around that legally as well). you CAN own C4, or any AAA weapon. i doubt that you could get enough U235 or P238 to make a nuclear weapon, and certainly the federal government would look rather unkindly at you owning such a weapon, but unless the courts rule otherwise, as long as your rights are not restricted, you should be able to own such a weapon.

Quote:
I think as 2 thirds of Americans dont own guns, they dont give a damn about those parts of the second Amendment refering to gun ownership.
2/3rds of americans dont own weapons? where did you get that statistic? there are something like 200 million firearms in this country, and only 300 million people. that means that quite a large portion of the population does in fact own firearms. as for a large number of people in this country not caring about the second amendment, wrong again. while there are people who do not own firearms, they dont want their second amendment rights infringed as they know that "the right to keep and bear arms" is not limited to only firearms.

Quote:
American governments dont stick to the amendments on other matters.
this is why we have the federal court system, so that when a government agency oversteps its authority, there is a remedy without having to engage in overthrowing the government.

Quote:
Those Amendment are like the bible some bits are relevent, and lots are just not suited to modern America.
wrong again. the constitution is as relevant now as it was 230 years ago. the constitution is a framework for the government, and what powers it does and does not have.

Quote:
Modern stun guns will take over
dream on. stun guns have a limited range at best, and they wont take down game animals.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Reading comprehension is your friend. At no point did I comment on DNA. In point of fact I'm at a loss as to how you can claim DNA findings are at all germane to the discussion of our Constitutional rights.

As far as visiting your family goes I'm not claiming a right to say you shouldn't. I'm simply saying you have no more right to demand we change our rights and beliefs to accommodate your wishes than I do to demand you British stop drinking your foul tasting warm beer.

You're a temporary guest in this country when you visit your relatives. Your opinions regarding our laws are worth less than the hot air required to express them.
But I know for a fact, plenty of Americans are sick fed up with the cowboys and gun saturation in civvy life, I speak to them often.
The gunners are a minority.
I never said I'D change your country, i said play cowboys with stunners.
Its less messy for people to clean up. Hygiene etcetera.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
We've already fallen out over this. You presume a right to lecture us on our rights and beliefs.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but you have no business expecting it to be well received here.
Just like we're entitled to our opinion on how the Equality and Human Rights Commission in the UK is a racist organization, but it's not our business to press the British to have it repealed, unless we are British citizens

Quote:
But I know for a fact, plenty of Americans are sick fed up with the cowboys and gun saturation in civvy life, I speak to them often.
Ok, let me clear something up for you. You definitely watch way too much TV, because no one here is riding around on their horses and shooting wildly into the air. There are no Wyatt Earps, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids among us anymore. It's all HOLLYWOOD. You have a serious gross misrepresentation of the situation here. Actually talk to Republicans and conservative Americans on what their attitudes are. You're basing your opinions on a handful of Americans that most likely voted for Obama, John Kerry, Al Gore, and Clinton. Most Americans that live in the UK are LIBERALS. Liberals form less than 20% of the population here.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Guns are not illegal in the UK. The people dont want them, neither do the police. They are looked down on as the cowards weapon in civvy street.
Why are you so afraid of guns. Who is the coward here? Don't come visit San Diego, the cops are wearing guns. You should stay put.

If I were you I'd light some candles and chat some mantra to save yourself from the evil Americans with the guns.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually the regulations are not as tight as you make them out to be. as long as you are a legal US citizen, have no criminal record or history of mental illness, and have $200(the last time i looked into it), you too can have an FFL which would allow you to own quite a large number of weapons of a substantial caliber. you could for instance own your own tank as long as the gun barrel is spiked(and yes you can get around that legally as well). you CAN own C4, or any AAA weapon. i doubt that you could get enough U235 or P238 to make a nuclear weapon, and certainly the federal government would look rather unkindly at you owning such a weapon, but unless the courts rule otherwise, as long as your rights are not restricted, you should be able to own such a weapon.

2/3rds of americans dont own weapons? where did you get that statistic? there are something like 200 million firearms in this country, and only 300 million people. that means that quite a large portion of the population does in fact own firearms. as for a large number of people in this country not caring about the second amendment, wrong again. while there are people who do not own firearms, they dont want their second amendment rights infringed as they know that "the right to keep and bear arms" is not limited to only firearms.

this is why we have the federal court system, so that when a government agency oversteps its authority, there is a remedy without having to engage in overthrowing the government.

wrong again. the constitution is as relevant now as it was 230 years ago. the constitution is a framework for the government, and what powers it does and does not have.

dream on. stun guns have a limited range at best, and they wont take down game animals.
I didnt think you'd take stunners hunting.

IF you give him enough stun gun maybe you could take his/her life or just kick them to death when the're down.

I'm sure stunners have a future.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
I suspect the group you speak to often represents a very small segment of American culture.

There is no cowboy and gun saturation here. Nor are there frequent episodes of violence to prove your point. Your claim that supporters of gun rights are in the minority is just that, a claim. You have provided absolutely no facts to back up your ill informed assertions.

If you're not out to change our country why did you start 3 essentially identical threads attempting to push your view of what's right on what is a predominantly US forum?

Your claims, much like the premise of your multiple threads are bunk.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just like we're entitled to our opinion on how the Equality and Human Rights Commission in the UK is a racist organization, but it's not our business to press the British to have it repealed, unless we are British citizens

Ok, let me clear something up for you. You definitely watch way too much TV, because no one here is riding around on their horses and shooting wildly into the air. There are no Wyatt Earps, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids among us anymore. It's all HOLLYWOOD. You have a serious gross misrepresentation of the situation here. Actually talk to Republicans and conservative Americans on what their attitudes are. You're basing your opinions on a handful of Americans that most likely voted for Obama, John Kerry, Al Gore, and Clinton. Most Americans that live in the UK are LIBERALS. Liberals form less than 20% of the population here.
I cannot see what mass slaughter on the streets IN front of the children has got to do with party politics.

If you want muddy waters, bring race into it, its usually white wannabe's that do the exibitiionist mass murder.

lets get back to possible ways of stopping it, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies