Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times

Advertisements

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

And don't forget to vote GOP, because you're so afraid, and stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
Europe has been 'ruined' so many times that to just simply cast aside Muslims and label them as a plague to your continent is shameful. Europe was ruined morally, socially, and politically A LONG TIME before Muslims started making a significant impact on society through immigration and and refusal to assimilate.

Who is 'we' ??? What general populace, army, or popular opinion do you specifically represent?

The irony of this is astronomical. Aside from being so outlandish it's downright insane. If you think, for an instant, that the minute numbers of Muslims in the United States of America will somehow bring about different social values via popular influence then you are SADLY mistaken.

As for accommodating them - ah, yes, that's right. I find it's strange how people will accommodate the most redundant, useless, futile, aspects of life but when it comes to human compassion, morality, and tolerance there's no room at all.

Are you so terrified, insecure, or perhaps emotionally isolated that you can't for hearts beat of time embolden yourself to assist and display acts of kindness and tolerance?

I hate to be the bearer of a harsh reality - but those were different times with different conditions, different emotions, different desires, and different people.

I don't believe this is true in the absolute way you put it. Not for a second.

That's laughable. When the Saudi Royal family sits in the English Parliament and directs the law of the land, then you can say something to this effect.

Beyond that, you've only brought an argument worth a tablespoon of rubbish.

* edit

I do believe, in time, given a relatively normal time frame and un-eventful existence... yes... Muslims WILL bring about a change in society. Bu that's fanciful and speculative. This poll may detail population trends, but ultimately, a poll cannot predict the future however much one may want it to, or see in it the power to.

People used to say "seeing is believing" and the post-modernists turned it into "believing is seeing" ... as in, your belief system will determine what you see in the world. When a lot of people look at that poll, they see only what they want to - hordes of non-whites, mass immigration, different religions, cultures, etc, and so on - that being of course a glass half empty.

The Poll predicts the immediate future as "in my life time"...

Not all change is positive change for everyone. Your altruistic values are fine on a individual level but I am sorry if I dont like that you can force them on me through the coercive powers of your Democracy..

Which is directly related to who I think WE are.. we are a republic who is lost in a democracy... Muslim or any other immigration would not and should not have any bearing on a true republic where as a society we are protected from government and majority rule infringing on the rights of the individual through a consititution that is adehered to..

however we are a devided nation and we are week. Our constitution has slowly been torn to shreds through judicial activism.

Looking at other countries that have welcomed Muslim immigration it is easy to see what things might look like here in the not too distant future

Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes - Telegraph

I could post 100's of articles of incidences that take place almost everyday over there..

Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
What do I think?

We will see what happens when the ignorant tolerant accept the ignorant intolerant...First off the tolerant are not ignorant it is those that are not tolerant of others that are ignorant. Secondly those the tolerant are wiling to accept are those that are also tolerant name anyone here tht says they would welcome radical Muslims comeing here to live. You also forget that the rise in numbers is also due to births of babies right here in the good old USA that happen to be born and raised as Muslims.

I think the Liberals who welcome diversity with with open arms and think this is a "good" thing will once again be the ones on the wrong side of history.Once again Liberals do tend to be more welcoming to people that have different cultures, it is because they are more open minded, as opposed to narrow minded thinking so many on the conservative side seem project. This country was made up of many different cutures, and each culture that joins with us is an addition that that emproves the melting pot we live in. That is the Hisory of this nation and there were always people such as yourself that looked down on and wanted to reject the new batch of new Americans because they were different.

Wait until there are enough of them to affect public opinion and the vote, If they thought the religious conservatives were difficult to deal with......And when will that be? Decades and decades from now the world can and will change dramaticaly during that time.

Just look at a countries like Sweeden and France to see "what will it be like".... Are they run by Muslims? No. Are the Miuslims that moved to Europe the same as those that come here, nope. The comparison does not fly. Besides, you seem to very little faith in Americans.
There is your answer, try thinking about it for a second and maybe you will come to the realization that we are in no way about to be assimilated by the Borg, or I meant the Muslims, at any minute. Fear should be based on reality, not specualtion based on one possible scenerio and the future is rarely accurately predicted.
Casper

Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 AM

860 posts, read 2,205,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That's what happens when you go from a Christian nation with morals and traditional family values to a Europe-like atheistic sex-obsessed society. Doesn't regconize the lord Jesus Christ that got us out the depression and back to a working class society. We feel ourselves a bit after 50+ years and think we did it all ourselves. Pfft. This country is going to Hell.
Only in your delusional mind.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Have they gotten around to changing their lousy rotten textbooks yet?

SOWING THE SEEDS OF HATRED Islamic textbooks scapegoat Jews, Christians (http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2003/03/30/2003-03-30_sowing_the_seeds_of_hatred__.html - broken link)

Quote:
Textbooks widely used in New York's Islamic schools contain passages that are blatantly anti-Semitic, condemning Jews as a people, repeating old canards about the Jews wanting to kill Christ and faking their Holy Scriptures to mock God.

The Islamic texts teach that "the Jews" killed their own prophets and betrayed the Prophet Muhammed through their inherent deceitfulness.
The books, obtained during a three-month Daily News investigation that included visits to private Muslim schools, are rife with inaccuracies, sweeping condemnations of Jews and Christians, and triumphalist declarations of Islam's supremacy.

In Long Island City, Queens, for example, fifth- and sixth-graders at the Ideal Islamic School on 12th St. learn that Allah has revealed that "the Jews killed their own prophets and disobeyed Allah."
I don't trust the Islamic community at all.

They still teach that kind of nonsense around the world:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/wo...23britain.html

This is a Saudi textbook. (After the intolerance was removed.) - washingtonpost.com

People who teach their children to be homophobic, anti-Semitic, sexist creeps are not people I welcome in my society.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Most of that growth is happening in US prisons.
U.S. prisons becoming Islam battleground-(% of Muslims in US prisons higher than general population)

Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post

The number of U.S. Muslims will more than double, so you are as likely to know a Muslim here in 20 years as you are to know someone Jewish or Episcopalian today.
Those are among key findings in " The Future of the Global Muslim Population," the first comprehensive examination of Muslims, whose numbers have been growing at a faster rate than all other groups combined.

Number of U.S. Muslims to double - USATODAY.com

It's not a surprise, the immigration to the US grew strongly in the 2000s compared to the 1990s.
What do you think about it ?

I don't want them here. They are a primitive, fiercely anti-gay culture. If they take over USA, they will throw us back into the Stone Ages.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
First off the tolerant are not ignorant it is those that are not tolerant of others that are ignorant.
COMPLETELY subjective! I am not tolerant of pedeophiles living in around my children... does that make me ignorant??

What you call enlightened tolerance I call Apathy and igornance.. You dont have to be Liberal to appreciate other cultures, and other countries. I love travel and learning just as much as anyone but the question is HERE... will that work here?

Quote:
Secondly those the tolerant are wiling to accept are those that are also tolerant name anyone here tht says they would welcome radical Muslims comeing here to live. You also forget that the rise in numbers is also due to births of babies right here in the good old USA that happen to be born and raised as Muslims.
Again you use the word Tolerant as if it makes enlightend, open minded..

take a look at Nazi Germany and see how tolerant minded and open minded nazism was beholdent to radical nazism.

The Islam that I see around the world infecting europe is beholdent to Radicle Islam.. How many of the ongoing conflicts around the world are rooted in radical islam..? 90% or more..

With SOOOO many islamic conflics around the world involving radical islam how do you prepare to deal with radical islam? It's only logical to think with an increase in overall muslims in the country there would be an increase in radical islam.

Quote:
Liberals do tend to be more welcoming to people that have different cultures, it is because they are more open minded, as opposed to narrow minded thinking so many on the conservative side seem project. This country was made up of many different cutures, and each culture that joins with us is an addition that that emproves the melting pot we live in. That is the Hisory of this nation and there were always people such as yourself that looked down on and wanted to reject the new batch of new Americans because they were different.
I have never looked down upon ANY individual. But I am not ignorant to the reality around me.

That WAS the history of this nation and the melting pot theory has been way over overblown.. I am sorry but you cannot compare the Italian, French and other EUROPEAN immigration into America to what is happening today. There will never be a melting pot as you say.. How old are you?

People came here for a better life and opportunities and either made it or didnt. Today they come here for hand outs..

Quote:
Are they run by Muslims? No. Are the Miuslims that moved to Europe the same as those that come here, nope. The comparison does not fly. Besides, you seem to very little faith in Americans.
Oh I see, as long as we dont allow the same kind of Muslims that moved to Europe immigrate here to America then we will be fine.. I see how how enlightened you are now

Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The Muslims that immigrate to the U.S. tend to be educated, middle-class, and open minded. This is in stark contrast to most Muslim immigrants to Europe who are often uneducated 'political' refugees (often religiously radical) and hold Europe and its cultures in disregard if not openly hostile toward their host countries.
I'm agree.Muslims in the US are an asset, not really in Europe.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict
The Muslims that immigrate to the U.S. tend to be educated, middle-class, and open minded. This is in stark contrast to most Muslim immigrants to Europe who are often uneducated 'political' refugees (often religiously radical) and hold Europe and its cultures in disregard if not openly hostile toward their host countries.
Not in my City.. We have massive Somali immigration taking place.What a wonderfull culture it is indeed.. Women are trated like dirt, less then 5% actualy work and provide for themselves.. and some are Somali bantu.... the Bantu are more african looking with darker skin, kinkier hair, and wider noses... bantu are also treated as subhuman by the Somali and In Somalia have been treated like dirt for generations..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies