Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:00 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you're afraid someone will break in and think that a gun is the only way to protect yourself.
It's all paranoia.
Call it what you will, it's all paranoia.

Your choice to live in it, I choose not to.
So cut off the ground prong on your 3-prong plugs, remove seabelts and spare tire from your car, remove handrails from your stairs, and toss your sunglasses...if you don't, you're paranoid and you live in fear!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Uh, no, I'll pay attention and move the hell out of its way.

Try that some time.
Car: 60 MPH.

You: 0 MPH.

You go splat.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:40 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
So I got a reputation point with a message about which gun should be banned.....a question I asked here....to a response about "armor piercing bullets"

Whoever sent it said "BOTH"......

So whoever sent it.....those are BOTH SEMI-auto-auto rifles....they are both the same caliber (.308)....both are used for hunting......

Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Car: 60 MPH.

You: 0 MPH.

You go splat.
What are you doing standing in the street? It's pretty easy to NOT get hit by a car, you know. You have better handling and can turn sharper corners.

Honestly, if you're too physically or mentally defective to figure out how not to get hit by a car, you don't need to be alive anyhow.

Last edited by TKramar; 02-08-2011 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So I got a reputation point with a message about which gun should be banned.....a question I asked here....to a response about "armor piercing bullets"

Whoever sent it said "BOTH"......

So whoever sent it.....those are BOTH SEMI-auto-auto rifles....they are both the same caliber (.308)....both are used for hunting......
Hmmmm, I have seen a LOT of the same ol' rhetoric regarding types of firearms AND AMMUNITION whilst perusing this thread. the 'WHY oh WHY do we NEED "armor piercing ammunition", "assault rifles", etc etc (yack). I am going to go out on a limb and assume that these cretins spouting this drivel think they actually have a clue what they are talking about, which allows me to cut them a certain, albeit tiny, amount of slack. Any cetnerfire rifle cartrige could be considered 'armor piercing', by virtue of simple ballistics. Even the diminutive lil' .223 (oh OK, I'll label it more insidiously and call it the 5.56 NATO .....oooo dastardly military chambering makes it all the more evil) will burn through 1/2 inch mild steel plate with relative ease and body armor presents little obstacle as well. So, ifn I wishes to pursue my shooting hobby it looks like I'm going to need a few truckloads of 'armor piercing' rounds to get through this season of competition. (sigh) it never ceases to amaze me how many people will just go off half cocked(pun intended) when taking a position on firearms rights. These idiots are spoon fed every silly term and talking point that MSNBC dishes out and they run with thier belly's full of this idiocy, never even realizing how utterly stupid they sound. Well, I must be off....gotta go clean me varmint rifle. Lovely little piece of 'armor piercing' hardware that it is

Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
What are you doing standing in the street? It's pretty easy to NOT get hit by a car, you know. You have better handling and can turn sharper corners.

Honestly, if you're too physically or mentally defective to figure out how not to get hit by a car, you don't need to be alive anyhow.
Are you secretly Superman?

Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's all about fear of being attacked.
Read the hundreds of gun threads.

Being prepared for what, the inevitable robbery, or attack?
That's living in fear, no matter what you call it.

I don't have those fears in my life.
I'd rather not live if that was my core belief.

Actually, a lot. They come from gangs and go back to gangs.
I work in a military community where we deploy. Just because people go to war doesn't necessarily make them more mature or responsible.
I see it every day and I see the blotters.
alot of people join to get a college degree or into the tech and trades also you need a high school diploma to even enlist and after you serve you would have so much help from VA and the GI Bill will help cover the costs associated with getting an education or training.

For enlistment purposes, the military breaks education into three overall categories: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. The vast majority (over 90 percent) of all enlistments are from the Tier 1 category.
Tier I
Applicants in Tier I have a high school diploma, or at least 15 college credits. This means a high school diploma, not a GED. Depending on state law, completion of high school by home study may or may not be considered equivelant to a high school diploma.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Street? Walking down the sidewalk where the pedestrians belong, a drunk driver flies down the road at 60 MPH, veers slightly onto the sidewalk, smashing you into oblivion.

Have you written your will today?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Street? Walking down the sidewalk where the pedestrians belong, a drunk driver flies down the road at 60 MPH, veers slightly onto the sidewalk, smashing you into oblivion.

Have you written your will today?
Unlike you, I keep myself aware of my surroundings. Wouldn't happen.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Unlike you, I keep myself aware of my surroundings. Wouldn't happen.
I'm starting to wonder how you got so many rep points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies