Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I suspect anyone who survived 9-11 would disagree with that statement. I doubt this will dissuade you either 'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb' (http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Qaida+brink+using+nuclear+bomb/4205104/story.html - broken link)
Muslims fundies are not an existential threat to the West. Not even close.

9-11 was a spectacular and tragic attack, but it would take more than 3000 people, destroying two buildings and four planes to bring down the West to its knees. Or even a small military power. Sure, the loss of life was saddening and the fear had immediate effect on people and markets, but you can't even begin to compare the West's and its allies assets to a handful of fanatics with limited means.

If it ever got close to a real threat, gloves would be off and they would be sent further back in time. For every westerner they kill, they get a hundred high tech missiles in the face in return. If anything, we are overeacting a lot on this futile War on Terror.

And please read your links carefully. The title is misleading. Al Qaeda doesn't have a strategic bomber. It doesn't even have a nuke. It wants to use dirty bombs with radioactive material on IED's in Afghanistan. It's their turf...why not.

The muslim world is suffering the brink of casualties of all the casualties combined in ongoing conflicts. The people dying and suffering and losing everything are not us.

They are ONE security issue that needs to be dealt with yet people act like the Muslim world is going to engulf us in flames any time now.

The reason we continue to see them as a threat is simply because it makes us feels better about ourselves, it makes us believe we're fighting an actual enemy, not crushing people under our boots.

I'm not saying terrorists threats shouldn't be adress, but only a somber cretin would call these people are a real threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I'll go one up on Beck. If the 'muslim brotherhood' takes control in Egypt, within a year there will be Sharia instituted and Clerics will be in charge. [can anybody say -Iran?] All the women with bare heads cheering at the riots will be wearing head and face scarves and you will never see them at any demonstration, ever again.
All of you people who think that the 'muslim brotherhood' is a peace loving, democracy and freedom orientated organization, do just a little research.
Just for once, can't you right wingers be happy for someone instead of miserable, petulant little complainers? The people of Egypt have hit the streets to do the very thing that you all said GWB was trying to do...to bring some semblance of a democratic government to their own country after years of living under a dictatorship.

But no...you can't do that.

Instead, you wanna carp and whine because you're so full of narcissism that you can't imagine someone doing something in their OWN COUNTRY that goes against what YOU want! You've had your say for 30 years in their country, but that's not enough. No, to you, how dare they toss out your puppet....cuz you know what's better for them than they do.

If by chance they choose the Islamic Brotherhood, then i'll be comfortable in the knowledge that they chose that path for themselves and so long as the Egyptian people can live with that, then so can i. And dammit, so can you! This isn't about America. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?

Get over yourselves....seriously.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 PM

47,017 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Glen Beck's show today focused on how the purpose of all these uprising in the Middle East is to establish a row of dominoes from West Africa to Indonesia in which all non-Muslim governments will fall and a system of government known as caliphate governance will be established. Their intention is to also drag Europe into this chain. Is this remotely possible??
Didn't he also mention Russia taking over the Netherlands? I can't tell whether he's in need of treatment or just riding the gravy train, but damn.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Beck wants you to step up for your country, but he doesn't want people in other countries doing it. The other day he was decrying peaceful revolutions that overthrew communist governments. Now he's warning you against muslims. Yes, yes, fight for your rights americans, be afraid of your govenrments, but if 'furiners' do it...be afraid!

I love how he thinks he knows the purpose and drive behind a billion people. Is it part of the Mormon beliefs to be an arrogant sh)thead?

Pork face is just selling fear no matter what. The guy is laughing in a pile of money.

Anybody not seeing this needs help. Why is anybody watching this?
Hmmm I guess you live in a cave.....Muslims "are" causing problems all over the world for your info and to let you in on a little secret, they have been trying to take over for along time....believe it.

T.Jefferson knew it......."To the shores of Tripoli"

Their only peacful when they are in the minority!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just for once, can't you right wingers be happy for someone instead of miserable, petulant little complainers? The people of Egypt have hit the streets to do the very thing that you all said GWB was trying to do...to bring some semblance of a democratic government to their own country after years of living under a dictatorship.

But no...you can't do that.

Instead, you wanna carp and whine because you're so full of narcissism that you can't imagine someone doing something in their OWN COUNTRY that goes against what YOU want! You've had your say for 30 years in their country, but that's not enough. No, to you, how dare they toss out your puppet....cuz you know what's better for them than they do.

If by chance they choose the Islamic Brotherhood, then i'll be comfortable in the knowledge that they chose that path for themselves and so long as the Egyptian people can live with that, then so can i. And dammit, so can you! This isn't about America. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?

Get over yourselves....seriously.
I vote you go over and let them all know your an American,lets see if the Brotherhood is kind to you....foolish thought you have!

Oh and by the way what makes you think this whole protest in Egypt was started by people "looking for freedom"?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,844,854 times
Quote:
Glen Beck's show today focused on how the purpose of all these uprising in the Middle East is to establish a row of dominoes from West Africa to Indonesia in which all non-Muslim governments will fall and a system of government known as caliphate governance will be established. Their intention is to also drag Europe into this chain. Is this remotely possible??
Yyyeeeepppp they want to control the entire world...read their dictum. WTF win the future

Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 PM

182 posts, read 130,166 times
Muzzies over there hate Americans more than you think.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,450,263 times
I laughed my a$s off so hard that I started choking and got the hiccups, listening to him rant and rave about how China was going to take over Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, and Russia was going to regain all of the now-independent countries that broke off from the USSR, and (and I $#it you not), maybe the Netherlands ::eyebrow raised:: ? "I don't know".

No kidding, he doesn't know. He doesn't "know" anything. He's just making crap up because so many of you just Eat. It. Up!

Come on! No one here can really believe this nonsense, can they?

Seriously?

Last edited by Jill61; 02-01-2011 at 11:22 PM..

Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,496,728 times
Quote:
I think India would be a tough nut to crack...

Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 PM

421 posts, read 449,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Hmmm I guess you live in a cave.....Muslims "are" causing problems all over the world for your info and to let you in on a little secret, they have been trying to take over for along time....believe it.

T.Jefferson knew it......."To the shores of Tripoli"

Their only peacful when they are in the minority!
Although the Ottoman empire was pretty peaceful for 400 years. Much more so than America, Britain, France, Belgium, Germany(Prussia), Spain, Portugal, Serbia, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies