Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'd like to hear the answer to that, myself.

You just got the answer, but instead you like reading your own posts that are filled with nothing but insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
While you're whining about Florida's Governor, go ahead and whine about the the White House as well.

NationalJournal.com - EXCLUSIVE: White House to Cut Energy Assistance for the Poor - Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
While you're whining about Florida's Governor, go ahead and whine about the the White House as well.

NationalJournal.com - EXCLUSIVE: White House to Cut Energy Assistance for the Poor - Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I somehow don't expect that will evoke the same high-pitched squeals of dismay..

Old 02-10-2011, 05:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
With all these cuts to the poor and/or elderly how are the private sector businesses that provide goods (groceries, nursing homes and fuel etc) going to survive without their usual revenue? How are the towns and cities going to provide fire and police services? How are the tourists supposed to get to The Mighty Rat's Theft Shop without decent roads?

Reducing revenue in the face of increasing debt only helps the people financing the debt. Any sane person reduces their debt before reducing their revenue. It is easy to see this governor is wholly owned by the financiers and could care less about the people that actually live in Florida.

I suggest the Government of Florida slap a 15% income tax on all the incomes above $200,000 as well as demanding 30% of all the illegal drug sales until the state deficit is paid off and the other needs of most of the citizens covered. The suppliers of those services will be very happy.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
With all these cuts to the poor and/or elderly how are the private sector businesses that provide goods (groceries, nursing homes and fuel etc) going to survive without their usual revenue? How are the towns and cities going to provide fire and police services? How are the tourists supposed to get to The Mighty Rat's Theft Shop without decent roads?

Reducing revenue in the face of increasing debt only helps the people financing the debt. Any sane person reduces their debt before reducing their revenue. It is easy to see this governor is wholly owned by the financiers and could care less about the people that actually live in Florida.

I suggest the Government of Florida slap a 15% income tax on all the incomes above $200,000 as well as demanding 30% of all the illegal drug sales until the state deficit is paid off and the other needs of most of the citizens covered. The suppliers of those services will be very happy.
It is crystal clear who this governor works for and it is certainly NOT the average citizens of Florida! He's going to make most of Florida like a third world country. Why can't people understand that in our "consumer economy" if people don't have enough money to just take care of their basic needs, they're NOT going to be buying "stuff."

It is my understanding that Scott, while cutting and slashing like a wildman, ALSO INCREASED HIS STAFF by 90 employees at the cost of MILLIONS and MILLIONS to pay these high-level state employees.

I am still totally amazed that this man from Kansas, big business pirate, was elected governor of this state! All those elderly tea party folks are NOT going to be cheering when they need the police or firefighter and they are not there for them.........and when the prisons are not properly administered and staffed!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Things are so bad that everything has to be cut across the board. Look at the most miserable cities in America. Most are in FL and CA. Bad news bears. You have to start somewhere. First start, removed the dems in office, second stop the rediculous spending. They have enough of our money, now they should dpend it wisely. No more excuses.
There are only four real cities in the entire state of Florida. Which of those cities are you talking about as being the most miserable in America?

Old 02-10-2011, 08:24 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
It is crystal clear who this governor works for and it is certainly NOT the average citizens of Florida! He's going to make most of Florida like a third world country. Why can't people understand that in our "consumer economy" if people don't have enough money to just take care of their basic needs, they're NOT going to be buying "stuff."

It is my understanding that Scott, while cutting and slashing like a wildman, ALSO INCREASED HIS STAFF by 90 employees at the cost of MILLIONS and MILLIONS to pay these high-level state employees.

I am still totally amazed that this man from Kansas, big business pirate, was elected governor of this state! All those elderly tea party folks are NOT going to be cheering when they need the police or firefighter and they are not there for them.........and when the prisons are not properly administered and staffed!
elderly tea party folks? They will tell you about the "Boston tea party".
I can't think of the last time a cop was there to help me... but I can think of 10 times when they were a pain in my neck. Just last week there were 4 cops at the counter flirting with the krispy kreme girl. By the time I got to order, there were no hot glazed doughnuts.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
elderly tea party folks? They will tell you about the "Boston tea party".
I can't think of the last time a cop was there to help me... but I can think of 10 times when they were a pain in my neck. Just last week there were 4 cops at the counter flirting with the krispy kreme girl. By the time I got to order, there were no hot glazed doughnuts.
So you would urge Scott to just cut out all funding for "cops"? Because of course you've never had a cop help you out personally.

Do you like the idea of having fewer employees running the prisons in the state, too?

Yes, I said elderly tea party folks. They, and the people who simply refused to vote for either candidate for governor, are responsible for Scott's election. He's not going to benefit YOU; he's there to make is rich buddies even richer. It's that simple. And if you are a multi-multi-millionaire, why in the world would you be spending time on an Internet message board like this? Bored with all those millions? lol

p.s.
btw, what do you think of Scott expanding the size of HIS OFFICE by adding 90 new employees requiring funding in the MILLIONS to support that increase in his staff?

Last edited by Perlier; 02-10-2011 at 08:42 AM..

Old 02-10-2011, 08:35 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Taking an unusual tack to dealing with a $3.6 billion budget deficit, Florida Gov. Rick Scott unveiled a budget Monday that cuts $4 billion in property and corporate income taxes.
The budget, which the newly installed governor has said is the nation's most fiscally conservative, also cuts $4.6 billion in spending from services such as Medicaid and prisons. Public employees would also have to contribute 5% for their pension benefits, which will save $2.8 billion over two years.

Florida Governor Rick Scott wants to cut taxes by $4 billion - Feb. 7, 2011

good
No, not "good",.... GGGRREEEAAAAATTTTT

Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
No, not "good",.... GGGRREEEAAAAATTTTT

You like cutting funding for prisons? "GGGRREEEAAAATTTT" you say? Do you live in Florida?

Do you like that Scott is expanding his office by 90 employees and spending millions and millions to do that? Where is "HIS" sacrifice? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies