Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yes, why dont you tell us all about it, dearie?
You're the one attempting to sling mud here, not I.
And if you need lessons about posting on topic, I'll get one of the mods for you.
Stop with the lame ad-hominems, mkay?
Since you seem to think you know so much about me, whom did I vote for in the Florida gubernatorial election before this last one?
Mkay, I responded to your post, and spot on I may add. I called you on your hypocrisy. The only things I know about you are form your posts. I have learned you do not like to be proven wrong and become somewhat irrational when proven so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mkay, I responded to your post, and spot on I may add. I called you on your hypocrisy. The only things I know about you are form your posts. I have learned you do not like to be proven wrong and become somewhat irrational when proven so.
The only irrational thing happening here is you trying to derail this thread with your personal obsession with me.
Now, get ontopic, or butt out!
The only spot-on posts are the ones in your mind.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 PM

LOL, it is so funny to hear the wacky lefties getting so twisted about fiscal sanity. We had the same problem here in NJ, their nuttiness actually helped Christie. His common sense approach was in such contrast to their temper tantrums that they truth of what he was trying to convey was inescapable. You can read their irrational rants throughout this thread. They really are an asset to Scott. Christie has been spot on. The fact he closed an $11 billion deficit didnt hurt either. I am sure Scott will be successful.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Unfortunately it is the avarice of the unions that have contibuted greatly to the financial shape NJ finds itself. If you are concerned about property taxes fire your local government. The state isn't imposing unfunded mandates on municipalities. On the contrary, the state is refusing to enable municipalities profligate ways. Christie is dragging the pigs from the trough kicking and screaming. It is through tough decisions that Christie closed an $11 billion deficit.

Hang in there Floridians, if we can do it in NJ you can do it there to. It sounds like you have a Governor as courageous as ours!
This is the same script that Christie and his supporters want to continue to peddle. The Unions are not the GREAT ills of NJ deficit issues I know you would like the rest of the country to believe it but its not.
On the contrary the drama between Trenton and the Unions started with the Christie Todd Whitman era of raiding the Teachers Pension fund to balance the budget then renigging on paying into the fund, this where the issues lie between the state and the Unions. Another famous script Christie and his supporters like to peddle is the fact that teachers do not contribute to their healthcare, this is also false.

Trenton first of all is too top heavy, just look at what went down with the Passiac County Sewer dept. Christie is taking credit for a issue that was bought forth by a Democratic Congresswoman. Now if more of this type of action was performed by Christie, he would have my respect as a true Governor of NJ, but for now, he's just another one not blow hard.

As far as the Property Taxes and Local Government, smooth move for a Christie Support, but the bottom line, those that voted against the school budgets are now kicking themselves in the arse lets see how the budget vote go next year. Those that are experiencing police and firemen layoff's lets see how the budget votes go this year.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
LOL, it is so funny to hear the wacky lefties getting so twisted about fiscal sanity. We had the same problem here in NJ, their nuttiness actually helped Christie. His common sense approach was in such contrast to their temper tantrums that they truth of what he was trying to convey was inescapable. You can read their irrational rants throughout this thread. They really are an asset to Scott. Christie has been spot on. The fact he closed an $11 billion deficit didnt hurt either. I am sure Scott will be successful.

so anyone who has a different view from you as a Christie supporter is a wacky lefty and ranting. Grow up only a child would honestly believe that their opinion matters more, well Shore Jr. it doesn't. Christie approach is not common sense, he has wasted an entire year singing the same note. Here we have Florida Governor in office for 1 month 1 and I have more respect for what he's trying to accomplish other than the Big waste in Trenton.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 PM

How obtuse is it for people that live in another state to tout their Governor in a thread about Floridas governor, just because they are both of the same party?
Its not a one-size-fits-all kind of approach.
And what does Christie have to do with Scott? Comparing the 2 is rather disingenuous, to say the least.
At least Christie has experience holding public office, Scott does not.
I still wish Christ hadnt deserted his post. -sigh-

Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
so anyone who has a different view from you as a Christie supporter is a wacky lefty and ranting. Grow up only a child would honestly believe that their opinion matters more, well Shore Jr. it doesn't. Christie approach is not common sense, he has wasted an entire year singing the same note. Here we have Florida Governor in office for 1 month 1 and I have more respect for what he's trying to accomplish other than the Big waste in Trenton.
Thats aimed right at me.
Crazy, aint it?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I don't see how gutting the state and public programs while simultaneously cutting taxes=making things right.
Quote:
This is the same script that Christie and his supporters want to continue to peddle. The Unions are not the GREAT ills of NJ deficit issues I know you would like the rest of the country to believe it but its not.
On the contrary the drama between Trenton and the Unions started with the Christie Todd Whitman era of raiding the Teachers Pension fund to balance the budget then renigging on paying into the fund, this where the issues lie between the state and the Unions. Another famous script Christie and his supporters like to peddle is the fact that teachers do not contribute to their healthcare, this is also false.

Trenton first of all is too top heavy, just look at what went down with the Passiac County Sewer dept. Christie is taking credit for a issue that was bought forth by a Democratic Congresswoman. Now if more of this type of action was performed by Christie, he would have my respect as a true Governor of NJ, but for now, he's just another one not blow hard.

As far as the Property Taxes and Local Government, smooth move for a Christie Support, but the bottom line, those that voted against the school budgets are now kicking themselves in the arse lets see how the budget vote go next year. Those that are experiencing police and firemen layoff's lets see how the budget votes go this year.

This is a great example of the left in NJ and their value to Christie. Very few in NJ are buying this. Christie took on the unions, forced concessions and closed an $11 billion deficit. The proof is in the pudding. The last 2 Dem administrations gave the store away to the unions. You have a hard core on the left (mosty public employee union members) who believe the problem lies with everyone but the unions.

This is the reality of public employee unions in NJ.

Newark finalizes 167 police layoffs after union refuses Booker's plea to return to negotiating table | NJ.com

""This e-mail is to inform you that our membership has expressed no interest in re-opening the contract or executing any side agreements with the City of Newark regarding the Lay Offs," wrote Hatcher, president of Newark’s Fraternal Order of Police, in response to an e-mail from Booker titled "Trying Again.""

" Alonso Vinueza, 33, another officer who was laid off, believes veteran officers refused pay cuts that would have saved his job. He said he hoped "the senior officers, with their untouched contracts, can live a fruitful life.""

Last edited by shorebaby; 02-08-2011 at 08:19 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:

As I said the left would rather ignore the success of Christies approach (he closed an $11 billion deficit) in favor of heaping scorn on him. Fortunately they are in the minority here in NJ.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM

^ If you wanna talk about Jersey, get your own thread.
Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies