Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:42 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
There was about 60-70 union sheep that showed up in my state capital. They stayed for about 40 minutes.
Where is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 PM

47 posts, read 22,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
rally for what.???..union crooks
"Union crooks", you say.

Never in a million years!! They are "Union crooks and goons"!!!!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:13 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
"Americans" who "do not want to pay any more of any kind of tax"........is different from "Fed up taxpayers"
Um... in what way? Neither group wants to pay any more of any kind of tax.

If you believe otherwise, post poll results stating that the majority of Americans will pay higher taxes to give the public employee unions what they want.

We'll wait...

Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Now there's some stunning info, people don't like to pay taxes! Who knew?
Apparently, not you and your ilk.

Tell me, bob... where is the money going to come from to pay for the unions' demands if not from higher tax bills?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:43 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default What happened to the "Massive" Rally?

It went over in all 50 states, is what happened. And a huge crowd of 70,000 in Wisconsin.

"Police said about 70,000 people showed up at the Capitol Square on Saturday, Feb. 26, the largest turnout yet."

Anatomy of a protest: From a simple march to a national fight

"Protests kicked off around the country today as the group moveon.org organized noontime rallies in all 50 state capitals as a sign of solidarity for union workers in Wisconsin battling collective bargaining restriction measures."

Rallies in 50 states support Wis. protesters - The Early Show - CBS News

Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Selfish and greedy? Oh yeah. Like my daughter in law and my son buying 5 new computers for her classroom out of their own pocket because the school district couldn't afford them and the students needed them. Like them spending and average of $1,00-$3,000 a year over the past 16 years out of their own pockets so that they can purchase books and materials for her students that were needed and that the district couldn't buy.....even though the administrator for the district...non union.....could afford expensive new cars every year. Like my daughter in law volunteering untold hundreds of hours tutoring and coaching her students out of concern for these inner city kids. AND, for your information, the teachers were NOT paid while they were protesting. They were docked for each day they were absent. And, by the way, my daughter in law has 2 masters degrees in science and math. I guarantee you she could be making 5 times the amount she is paid in the private sector. But she cares deeply for the young people she has taught....in often dangerous situations...over the past 16 years and truly believes she can and does make a difference in their lives and their future. And also, for your information, the cuts that the union already agreed to will cost her an additional $13,000 a year out of her already small paycheck. BUt to you, she is selfish and greedy. Why? Because she does not want to give up her right to fight for decent conditions FOR HER STUDENTS.

But just keep spewing the lies. All the while ignoring the fact that the governor has already given away 45 million in sweetheart tax breaks to his contributors and hired some of him Milwaukee buddies WHO ARE ALREADY COLLECTING 4 PENSIONS FROM THE STATE for past do nothing jobs they have gained through patronage. But do you call them selfish and greedy? No, to you the teachers, the nurses, the doctors, the police, and the firefighters are the selfish and greedy ones. No one could be that dumb as to believe that so I have to believe some people just choose to spread lies and ignore the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies