Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:47 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times

Advertisements

Midway in the interview, I got upset at how Piers was just jumping in and cutting him off, calliing Pastor Osteen a judge. I like how Osteen kept referring back to the scripture, as to say, its not him (Osteen) its the SCRIPTURE that says, homosexuality a sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,245,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. So far, all I'm seeing is problem.
I am offended and get depressed by people advocating for more government, more taxes, more laws... as far as I know you are such a person. When are you going to stop offending me and become a part of the solution and not the problem?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 AM

270 posts, read 522,736 times
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeltCrystal View Post
Oh please, those gay teens CHOOSE to kill themselves. This isn't our problem.

I love watching Joel Osteen on Sunday mornings, he is an excellent pastor. If gay teens cannot take an honest opinion then they need to grow some skin, seriously.
Good for you for telling it like it is!

It seems that the term "bullying" has been redefined to mean speaking the truth. I suppose Osteen is a bully now.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
T

It seems that the term "bullying" has been redefined to mean speaking the truth. I suppose Osteen is a bully now.
No - bullying is making people feel inferior because of who they are. When it's a bigotry institutionalized in government and society, and people are killing themselves because of it, it's not "good".

Either you're pro-life or you're not. You can't support a society's oppression of homosexuals and then wash your hands of the results when children are hanging themselves.

So, end your hypocrisy. If you're going to say it's "truth" because of one line in the Bible, then please state for the reord that you embrace and endorse slavery, which has many more lines of support in the Bible and was used by social conservatives to justify its existence in the 19th century.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
No - bullying is making people feel inferior because of who they are. When it's a bigotry institutionalized in government and society, and people are killing themselves because of it, it's not "good".

Either you're pro-life or you're not. You can't support a society's oppression of homosexuals and then wash your hands of the results when children are hanging themselves.

So, end your hypocrisy. If you're going to say it's "truth" because of one line in the Bible, then please state for the reord that you embrace and endorse slavery, which has many more lines of support in the Bible and was used by social conservatives to justify its existence in the 19th century.
Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,532,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
YOU can help these people!

Or do you just want to place blame and want the government to do it?

A real "sensitive" person that genuinely cares about the people in their community would do something to help them.

It seems to me that you have a very close relationship to the gay community. But all you do is start threads about how gays are being treated unfairly.

Stop complaining and do something!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 AM

If bullying were "making someone feel inferior for who they are," then why isn't everyone trying to kill themselves? We've all heard criticism. I would have been dead a long time ago. Stop whining.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Midway in the interview, I got upset at how Piers was just jumping in and cutting him off, calliing Pastor Osteen a judge. I like how Osteen kept referring back to the scripture, as to say, its not him (Osteen) its the SCRIPTURE that says, homosexuality a sin.

I didn't watch the interview and won't I think morgan is a clown but kudos to Osteen for telling it like it is. It is a sin and an abomination unto GOD.

Anyone doesn't like it, then take it up with GOD, but let us know how it works out for ya.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:31 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,532,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
T

Oh my, now we are being "informed" by a fellow poster that we, "endorse slavery" Lol!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Oh my, now we are being "informed" by a fellow poster that we, "endorse slavery" Lol!
It makes me feel bullied and attacked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies