Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The fleabagger democrats could care less about the taxpayers! They are self motivated only. The fact they have even fled is shameful and they should all be recalled.
stayinformed40 !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... These pathetic dummies are such an unbelieveable national and global embarrassment !

What a shocking message this sends to American Citizens who are completely fed up with the continual gross ineptitude and unprecedented lunacy of the "Career Politican's" in this nation !

Voters please remember this bunch of idiots on election day and give em the "Big Voters Boot" out of office for ther long term ! These muppets have absolutely got to go !!!

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Um...for those of you who seem to be brain dead--here's a news flash. The house scheduled the vote on this bill and LIED to the Democrats about it so they missed the vote, and so there would be no room for debate on the floor. The Senate had the same thing in mind until the Democrats fled. There NEVER WAS the option of negotiating with the Republicans--thats why the Democrats left the state. GET IT NOW? The Democrats left to MAKE SURE the public had the opportunity to weigh in on the bill. They absolutely did the right thing. For as many of you radical right wingers who ramble on about supposed corruption in the democratic party--I'm a republican and this is easily one of the sleaziest things I've seen republicans do in my life time.
I have to agree with you ... my initial impression was not in favor of the teachers ... but as I put aside my own prejudices regarding overblown state and local taxes and public employees who are in many cases way over paid, and under worked compared to the private sector ... a trend that has been going on for some time ... I came to my senses, and realized that there is this item that most are unfamiliar with ... it's called the "Comprehensive Annual Financial Report" and for decades States and Counties have their budgets that they measure that excludes accumulated wealth of the State or Municipality, and only account for expenditures and revenues from taxes .... claiming calamity and red ink, jacking up the taxes, while the reality is that these entities claiming financial hardship are amassing net worth in the Billions ... in some cases Tens and even Hundreds of Billions, while crying "we're broke" we need more money from the tax payers.

In essence, States are literally becoming all powerful profit center entities of their own, on the backs of the taxpayers. That's not what this country is about ... the State doesn't own the people, the people are supposed to own the State. I mean, what is the State of Texas (for example) if it is not the collective property of Texans? The politicians are supposed to be representatives of the people, not the rulers. They certainly aren't bashful about voting themselves a healthy increase in pay at the people's expense, and you'll not see them volunteering to take cuts in their pay to balance the books. What we seem to have today is that States and Counties operate as Corporations and subsidiaries owned by the few, with the majority of the people simply window dressing.

So I say, power to the people, even in this particular case where I may not entirely agree on other levels. If there is going to be a rule of no collective bargaining, and pay and benefits need to be cut ... let it apply to everyone, or no one ... including the police, and the politician critters too. If it's really necessary, then they won't mind doing their fair share for the collective good, and the police will have no problem enforcing the law, including any action required against the protesters ... but don't exempt them, and use them to force compliance on others while they get an exemption to the issue being protested.

If the politicians were facing the same cuts ... they can either accept that as necessary, or find another way to balance the books. Let each one of these politicos voting know that their vote is going to cost them too ... and not just come out of someone else's pocket.

It's easy to spend someone else's money ...they might be a little more thoughtful about what to order for lunch if the bill is to be handed to them?

Old 02-28-2011, 07:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Um...for those of you who seem to be brain dead--here's a news flash. The house scheduled the vote on this bill and LIED to the Democrats about it so they missed the vote, and so there would be no room for debate on the floor. The Senate had the same thing in mind until the Democrats fled. There NEVER WAS the option of negotiating with the Republicans--thats why the Democrats left the state. GET IT NOW? The Democrats left to MAKE SURE the public had the opportunity to weigh in on the bill. They absolutely did the right thing. For as many of you radical right wingers who ramble on about supposed corruption in the democratic party--I'm a republican and this is easily one of the sleaziest things I've seen republicans do in my life time.
Hello?

The Assembly had 60 hours of debate on the bill. And gee, the public has indeed weighed the bill, for the last ten days. Times up...the fleebaggers have achieved their goal.

Oh...pul-leeze. There is no one on here that would believe that for a second.

Last edited by sanrene; 02-28-2011 at 08:05 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 07:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hello?

The Assembly had 60 hours of debate on the bill. And gee, the public has indded weighed the bill, for the last ten days. Times up...the fleebaggers have achieved their goal.

Oh...pul-leeze. There is no one on here that would believe that for a second.
Walker is "jamming this bill down the throats of the " WI people!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:03 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not now--not after the Democrats left to delay the vote and allow hundreds of thousands of people time to speak up, and gave more moderate R's to have time to think about whether or not this is really what they want to do, and how their constituents might feel about it. And FYI--the R debate on the bill only happened after tens of thousands of protesters showed up within a day of finding out what was going on there.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Well, according to the Left, this is a legitimate was of doing things.

Quote:
Not now--not after the Democrats left to delay the vote and allow hundreds of thousands of people time to speak up.
Let me correct that for you. Thousands of union members and their sympathizers, from in AND out of WI.

Apparently, more buses are on the way from NY, filled with union thugs.

So far, Walker and the GOP coalition are not budging.

I think you'll find that many more than that have called in offering support for Walker, so he says.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

Down the throat of the minority.

When it is the majority, you have a change of guard at the next vote.(Nov. 2nd, 2010) Historical directional change.
Doing what you campaigned on, is not in the Progressive playbook.

It doesn't taste too good to have something you don't like, jammed down your throat? Salt & pepper anyone?

Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:

Sound familiar???? ( think, think, HC, HC )

He has given them ample time to vote and they still are missing in action and taking money from the taxpayers.

If they do not return they need to be punished for not doing what the people of WI pays them to do.

Actually the people of WI want the idiots to return and vote.

He promised the voters he would fix the mess the dems put this state in and that is what he was elected to do and is trying to do.

To me the obstructionist dems are committing crimes against the will of the people by stealing their tax payer dollars accepting pay for not being at work.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
How is that possible when the WI people elected Walker on exactly this issue?

Everyone knew this was coming. The teacher's union complained about it last August. Fed up tax-weary WI voters elected Walker to make this happen.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Sound familiar???? ( think, think, HC, HC )

He has given them ample time to vote and they still are missing in action and taking money from the taxpayers.

If they do not return they need to be punished for not doing what the people of WI pays them to do.

Actually the people of WI want the idiots to return and vote.

He promised the voters he would fix the mess the dems put this state in and that is what he was elected to do and is trying to do.

To me the obstructionist dems are committing crimes against the will of the people by stealing their tax payer dollars accepting pay for not being at work.
what an overly simplistic analysis of what's going on. as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies