Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
How does fecal matter get on them????
Not washing hands is one way.

Also the carts sit outside, where birds fly over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,945,418 times
To be honest, these germs have been around before the antibacterial wipes were invented. I don't eat off of cart handles, toilet seats, handles, etc. So, although there are plenty of germs everywhere I go, I will do what most people do and just wash my hands throughout the day as I usually do. I have never had food poisoning or gotten sick in years following that protocol. If I worried about all these germs, and other gross things out there, I would be confined to my house. I guarantee that there are worse things than the carts...heck most of our steering wheels are covered with stuff that isn't great I am sure. I haven't seen a study about that though.

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
To late afterwards, wipe the cart down first, I carry wipes in to use on the cart before touching the fecal matter
It doesn't matter if they wash them because the firt person that touches it will begin spreading the germs.
I carry wipes in every vehicle.
So....the bagger that just pushed the carts in from the parking lot touches the handles ...then walks back over and bags your grapefruit with his bare hands..

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
How does fecal matter get on them????
Nasty people who do not wash their hands after using the bathroom.

I see it all the time and just want to yell and tell them to wash your nasty hands before you go out into the store and touch things.

Some people just were not raised correctly and have need to be taught some personal hygiene.

I had to go to the store this afternoon and forgot it is welfare day at the zoo, I cannot remember seeing so many dirty fowl smelling people in my life as today.

Dont these people bathe and wash their clothing at all?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:17 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
WTH? Do some people just wipe their a$$ with their bare hands instead of using TP or wipes?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I will definitely be using hand sanitizers and wipes after going to the grocery store from now on.

Fecal Matter Found on 72 Percent of Grocery Carts - FoxNews.com
Why yes they do and why you should not let your kids chew on the bars...

Old 03-03-2011, 07:23 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
So....the bagger that just pushed the carts in from the parking lot touches the handles ...then walks back over and bags your grapefruit with his bare hands..
Yep and why you should wash those exteriors with soap.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I'm waiting patiently for some crusading officeholder to introduce the Anti-Fecal Matter Bill in Congress. As we all know, passing laws is the way to solve problems.

Well, OK. Washing your hands might help. But then that would have to be made mandatory, too. And that one might need more than just a plain, garden-variety law. I suspect nothing less than an Amendment to the Constitution would suffice.
We could hire retired seniors and welfare recipients as bathroom security to monitor the appropriate washing of hands and fine or arrest those who scoff the law.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:44 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,338,399 times
Ban all kids sitting in shopping carts.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We have a real problem with nasty people all over.

Amazing how many ladies use the bathroom in public places and walk out without washing their hands.

Nasty!
Excuse me, studies have been done. Women wash their hands after using the restroom more than men do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies