Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

September 11 was a terrible day but not the worst day in the world.
How about a bomb being dropped on Hiroshima (by the US)?

How about concentration camps?
How about the Crusades?
How about the killing of over 100,000 Iraqi's for a lie?

Aren't there a lot of tragedies in this world?
Sep 1 2001 was definitely bad, but perhaps not the worst in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
I'm sure there's some sicko out there who will relive the day by planting cherry bombs in twin milk cartons and flying model planes into them attempting precision fusing of the cherry bomb explosions with the model airplane impacts.

Probably, D*ck Cheney and Karl Rove will get together at a Republican picnic and relive the fun.

Bush could be there charring up some animal flesh and smothering it with loads of ketchup.

I apologize for that, right there.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Worst day in American history?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
September 11 was a terrible day but not the worst day in the world.
How about a bomb being dropped on Hiroshima (by the US)?

How about concentration camps?
How about the Crusades?
How about the killing of over 100,000 Iraqi's for a lie?

Aren't there a lot of tragedies in this world?
Sep 1 2001 was definitely bad, but perhaps not the worst in the world.
I think the post was intended for what happened in your adult life-time while living in the USA. Not what you "heard" or got yourself "learned" about when it comes to "history".

If you were around for WWI and the Crusades (really?) or WWII and lived in Hiroshima...you might have something to say.

And your killing of Iraqi's over a lie is a liberal lie in and of itself so drop it.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I'm sure there's some sicko out there who will relive the day by planting cherry bombs in twin milk cartons and flying model planes into them attempting precision fusing of the cherry bomb explosions with the model airplane impacts.

Probably, D*ck Cheney and Karl Rove will get together at a Republican picnic and relive the fun.

Bush could be there charring up some animal flesh and smothering it with loads of ketchup.

I apologize for that, right there.
As you should apologize for your post from start to finish.

It always tends to be that those who write off 9/11 with the same flippant attitude exhibited in your post, either lived anywhere but on the east coast, lived in some other country, or were between 10 and 15 years old when it happened.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post

It always tends to be that those who write off 9/11 with the same flippant attitude exhibited in your post, either lived anywhere but on the east coast, lived in some other country, or were between 10 and 15 years old when it happened.
So you are basically dismissing any opinion, other than your own, by stating regional demographics as the cause?

I didn't realize geographic location mattered so much while giving ones opinion on 9-11.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
So you are basically dismissing any opinion, other than your own, by stating regional demographics as the cause?
Who is dismissing? Not me. You can have an opinion, I just know that had you lived in the immediate vicinity, you'd have a different opinion than if you did not.

Just like you'd have a different opinion if you were 10 years old or 30 years old and lived in the immediate vicinity or didn't.

Quote:
I didn't realize geographic location mattered so much while giving ones opinion on 9-11.
You're opinion was some picture from Star Trek. AGAIN (get a new one).

Where were you? How many people did you know, family members, friends, were in NYC and worked in the towers or in the "area"?

Did your cell phone not work that day? Did your land-line fail all day long? Did your access to what was going on, other than through those who had satellite phones, go out? Did you have complete silence in the sky unless it was a Black Hawk or a fighter jet flying over your house shaking the walls? Did you? Were you waiting on pins and needles for your family and friends to find a way out of Manhattan?

You think someone who didn't live through a concentration camp can really have an opinion, especially when they write it off as "not so bad COMPARED to"....? Living through something and "hearing about something" are two different things. And Chile's mistake is flagrant. Most folks who live on the East Coast, in the NY, NJ, CT, PA states, in 2001, lived through something...and none of them are saying "oh, compare it Hiroshima, then it's not so bad". That's over and done with and has been. 9/11/01 is still FRESH for those who lived it and went through it. Would anyone with a brain in their head tell the victims of concentration camps or Hiroshima, "Well, think of the victims of the crusades. Now buck-up, you whiner".

Don't think so.

Last edited by Informed Info; 03-05-2011 at 12:25 AM..

Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Who is dismissing? Not me. You can have an opinion, I just know that had you lived in the immediate vicinity, you'd have a different opinion than if you did not.

Just like you'd have a different opinion if you were 10 years old or 30 years old and lived in the immediate vicinity or didn't.

You're opinion was some picture from Star Trek. AGAIN (get a new one).

You think someone who didn't live through a concentration camp can really have an opinion, especially when they write it off as "not so bad COMPARED to"....?

Don't think so.
Wow. Take a break man, life aint that bad. Everyone has an opinion, I'm doubting the 8 million in the metro area share yours. You are not the sole voice of NYC.

BTW, I have ZERO idea where your Star Trek reference is coming from. I'm more of a Star Wars kind of guy. I think you may have me confused with another poster.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 03-05-2011 at 12:27 AM..

Old 03-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Wow. Take a break man, life aint that bad. Everyone has an opinion, I'm doubting the 8 million in the metro area share yours. You are not the sole voice of NYC.

BTW, I have ZERO idea where your Star Trek reference is coming from. I'm more of a Star Wars kind of guy. I think you may have me confused with another poster.
I revised my post.

Where do you live? Where were you on 9/11/01? I never said I was the only voice for the tri-state area.

The "facepalm" guy is just some random pic you have over-used? Thought it was from star trek. I hate science fiction, so I apologize for assuming, I guess I really wouldn't know.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:00 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
I think the post was intended for what happened in your adult life-time while living in the USA. Not what you "heard" or got yourself "learned" about when it comes to "history".

If you were around for WWI and the Crusades (really?) or WWII and lived in Hiroshima...you might have something to say.

And your killing of Iraqi's over a lie is a liberal lie in and of itself so drop it.
Notice that she NEVER praises or defends the U.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies