Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:32 PM

89,216 posts, read 44,979,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Can you show me proof where he promised to end collective bargaining.
Here's the teachers' union rep making a statement on Walker's plan last August:
Quote:
The state's powerful teachers union opposes Walker's plan and is signaling a fight over it if Walker is elected and moves the idea forward.

"Our members oppose taking away their rights to collective bargaining, so they would definitely raise their voices against it," Christina Brey, speaking for the Wisconsin Education Association Council, said of Walker's plan.
Barrett, Walker plans would add workers to health pool - JSOnline

Walker's plan was publicly known all along, and the fed up WI taxpayers elected Walker to enact it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 09:37 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here's the teachers' union rep making a statement on Walker's plan last August:Barrett, Walker plans would add workers to health pool - JSOnline

Walker's plan was publicly known all along, and the fed up WI taxpayers elected Walker to enact it.
They suspected he would, because he is a Republican, but that doesn't mean that he campaigned on that. I pretty much know that Palin is against unions, even though I never heard her campaign on that platform.

So I ask again, when did Walker campaign on that issue???

Old 03-06-2011, 09:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,595,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Thank guy the guy is a leader. We are at a time in our history when statesmen will do what is best for the country rather than what is best for their political careers. Too much of the latter has lead us to where we are today.
And where is it that you think you are today? And how do you think you got there?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
They suspected he would, because he is a Republican, but that doesn't mean that he campaigned on that. I pretty much know that Palin is against unions, even though I never heard her campaign on that platform.

So I ask again, when did Walker campaign on that issue???
Did you miss the part about how that was a known part of Walker's plan? The plan that the union rep referred to disapprovingly last August, way before the WI taxpayers elected Walker in November?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Did you miss the part about how that was a known part of Walker's plan? The plan that the union rep referred to disapprovingly last August, way before the WI taxpayers elected Walker in November?
It was known because he is a right winger, and like most right wingers he hates unions. Did you miss the part where I asked when he CAMPAIGNED on this issue?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,778,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
And where is it that you think you are today? And how do you think you got there?

We are up to our necks in debt. We got there through profligate spending. Any other questions?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times
Quote:
Here's the teachers' union rep making a statement on Walker's plan last August:Barrett, Walker plans would add workers to health pool - JSOnline

Oh look! What's the DATE on this article, which corroborates that Walker RAN on doing just what he's doing?

Aug, 2010.

Quote:
It was known because he is a right winger, and like most right wingers he hates unions. Did you miss the part where I asked when he CAMPAIGNED on this issue?
Which 99.9% supports democrats.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh look! What's the DATE on this article, which corroborates that Walker RAN on doing just what he's doing?

Aug, 2010.
Show me a quote where Walker campaigned on the issue. Sorry, but a quote from a union organizer is not Walkers campaign. Epic fail, again.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
I've answered that, twice. The only way the teachers' union rep would have known that Walker had intended to limit collective bargaining is if Walker had CAMPAIGNED on exactly such a plan.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times
Quote:
Show me a quote where Walker campaigned on the issue. Sorry, but a quote from a union organizer is not Walkers campaign. Epic fail, again.
Go find one yourself. Obviously, it was known what his plans were, why else would the union have been in a panic, warning voters of just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies