Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM

334 posts, read 188,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hmmmmm.
Freeperland down today?

Exactly.

I'm a bigot because my group has no representation and I asked why. Right.

What's the answer? Is it the usual "because everything represents you, and all these people want is a day, a month, or even just some acknowledgment."

Take it from a white, straight, American male. We no longer exist except to be made the butt of jokes, and to be a scapegoat for the inadequacies of others.

I love how folks like yourself think. It gives me a clear and present example of why our country, if not the world, is circling the drain.

You cannot marginalize one group, even if they are the majority, to favor another. That is what is being done, every day, to the average white American. Excuse me for growing tired of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I would complain about it. Because I wouldn't want my kid to pick up on anything anti homosexual being taught with him possibly taking it to mean it's OK to tease another kid in school for being homosexual until that kid feels like killing himself.
Exactly, the school would be teaching your child about a social issue counter to what you are teaching them at home, you would rightly be angry for a lot of reasons. People on the other side of this issue with different opinions are going to feel the same way.

This is not a subject for school especially with kids this young.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I think, yet again, it's another straight poster trying to brainwash other people into believing their biased agenda....it cracks me up....straight posters start most of the Gay orientated threads(there are FOUR on the front page at the moment; ALL by straight posters)....then whine when gay posters start gay threads.

If you think you can brainwash someone into being gay.....I got some swampland in Florida you'll be interested in purchasing. Since all gay people are brainwashed all our lives into being straight....yet we still turn out gay....

I think your premise is both lame and ridiculous.......and simply trying to stir up trouble....I wish the homophobes would get a life and stop obsessing over the gays......because those who obsess over gays have been found to be hiding "the gay" within themselves.

Top 10 Anti-Gay Politicians Caught Being Gay: Anti-Gay Activists Out of The Closet | Top 10 Lists & Much More at Ranker
What makes you think you know so much about me?

I am not going to go through all my posts but I do not remember ever starting a Gay thread before nor do I remember even posting in a Gay thread which kinda throws your whole post out the window where I am concerned.

This one hit close to home for me because I have several Grandchildren in elementary school. I believe I have to agree with mhouse2001 when he stated "I didn't hear anything too controversial in the videos though I still believe (and I'm gay) that the discussion of sexuality and adult relationships should be brought up when the child raises the issue and not before then."

I started this thread to read what others thought about it and what do you know, I found some good feedback from one Gay person and I strongly feel that it is a matter for the family not the school.

Claiming in an overt way that people who start threads on the subject are gay does nothing to endear anyone to the Gay cause but it seems that some just don't get that.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Exactly, the school would be teaching your child about a social issue counter to what you are teaching them at home, you would rightly be angry for a lot of reasons. People on the other side of this issue with different opinions are going to feel the same way.

This is not a subject for school especially with kids this young.
Well, if straight parents think it would be immoral for their children to be exposed to children coming from gay households, are they gonna demand that such children be banned from coming to school? I don't think I have ever heard of such a proposal.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:45 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
I am talking in general terms about straight posters whining about gay threads...I did not necessarly mean you(the OP)but I made my point...straight posters start most of the gay threads; that said the intent of your thread is clearly to foster fear in people and obviously I've hit an emotional nerve with you and your agenda. Clearly there are gay kids in school(I knew when I was 6 years old) and because of the homophobic views of many parents we need our children educated in tolerance and respect!

This is the reason we need high school students taught sex education in school>>>>>

Being gay at school

Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

Gays have to target elementary school kids because these innocent children haven't yet developed adult logic with which they would immediately reject homosexuality and anal intercourse as unnatural, unhealthy and revolting.

In other words, it's a lot harder to BS adults.

Kids are easy.

Notice the total lack of compunction on the part of the propagandists.

Nice going MA, and what fine collection of the world's foremost disgusting creeps.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 PM

334 posts, read 188,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gays have to target elementary school kids because these innocent children haven't yet developed adult logic with which they would immediately reject homosexuality and anal intercourse as unnatural, unhealthy and revolting.

In other words, it's a lot harder to BS adults.

Kids are easy.

Notice the total lack of compunction on the part of the propagandists.

Nice going MA, and what fine collection of the world's foremost disgusting creeps.
The thing is though, it's Massachusetts. If gays were super-villains, the state of Massachusetts would be like the Legion of Doom.

All states have gay areas, but the Massachusetts gay area is marked with "Welcome to" and "You are now leaving". The real capital of that state is in Provincetown.

So my suggestion to those who are truly against this sort of thing is to move to Alabama. Aka the gay kryptonite state. I can almost guarantee they wont have a problem with this.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I am talking in general terms about straight posters whining about gay threads...I did not necessarly mean you(the OP)but I made my point...straight posters start most of the gay threads; that said the intent of your thread is clearly to foster fear in people and obviously I've hit an emotional nerve with you and your agenda. Clearly there are gay kids in school(I knew when I was 6 years old) and because of the homophobic views of many parents we need our children educated in tolerance and respect!

This is the reason we need high school students taught sex education in school>>>>>

Being gay at school
No whining here... I clearly stated why I started this thread and there is nothing you can imply to change that. I am all for tolerance and respect but I also expect it in return.

It does not matter to me when you knew you were gay, any sex talk should be handled within the family unit. I find it funny that anyone would think they know better than me what is best for my family.

I don't think you have even bothered to watch the videos since you mention that sex education should be taught in high school while the OP is dealing with elementary age kids.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Fat is not normal: look at all the fat kids eating junk food. Where is the big guilt trip for that? Oh BTW guilt tripping doesn't work look at how fat everyone is.

Normal?

Throughout man's history starvation has been the norm. We have a natural built-in defense against starvation and improper development due to inadequate nutrition. As today we have more food available than ever before, it should come as no surprise the natural defense our bodies have to malnutrition is in overdrive. Obviously we need to feed our children better foods than what they naturally crave (fats, sugars, etc.). This goes against nature and is therefore an undertaking that will require a tremendous effort to accomplish.

Fat may not be normal, but since it is part of our biology which helps us avoid very normal starvation, it certainly is natural. That the ability to store fat has throughout our history been the difference between passing one's genes to the next generation or not, I would be careful to avoid criticizing someone for having fat genes.

Homosexuality is entirely different since it in no way advances the species.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 PM

204 posts, read 201,111 times
Parents certainly have the right to send their children to the school of their choice, and if this school is a private one, even one practicing some type of religion, it should be school policy to disclose all lesson content to each parent whose child is in attendance. If that is being done, then the parents, not the faculty, are responsible for what their children are being taught. If this conflicts with the family's values, they should remove their children immediately once informed.

If these sessions or classes were meant to be anti-bullying efforts with an intent to encourage tolerance, it certainly seems to be very heavily mixed with an unmistakable 'lifestyle acceptance' philosophy. They are simply being spoon fed a single view and the content can only be interpreted as homosexual propagandizing. One of the most interesting portions of the first video was when one woman spoke up, briefly, asking whether the children were being told that this is right. The answer she received indicated that this was exactly the perception the school was trying to convey, not that homosexual lifestyles should be tolerated, but that the behavior itself is right.

The tactic is clever, but not original; focus completely on the superficial friendship aspect of homosexuality, causing it to be accepted on the premise that homosexuals and lesbians are simply good friends or room mates, (after all, kids love their mommies, and so, having two mommies must be absolutely wonderful), while failing to disclose the true nature of this perversity. Ironically, homosexual advocates would argue that revealing too much of the full scope of what it means to be homosexual/lesbian, to such young children, would be inappropriate.

If this was occurring in the public school system, this would represent a blatant undermining of parental authority, which would provoke responses from a number of concerned parents, but because it is a private facility, these naive young minds are at the mercy of the parents, and these liberal pioneers.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 03-08-2011 at 12:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies