Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 05:11 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,535,610 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately it seems that women have been their own worst enemy in regard to feminism. The word definitely has a negative conotation to it.
Oh, I would like to add one more thing to my description of what a feminist looks like in my minds eye: unshaved underarms. lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 AM

Feminists are always pro-choice (pro abortion).

Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,584,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, you got a lot going on here VaNiLaGoRilLa, but I'll try to answer your question...

Like all enlightened persons, what makes a man or woman a feminist is a conscious and full understanding that we are all creatures of our own biological adaptations living in a time of plenty and relative security which has made much of what brought us here irrelevant to our present mode of living but that we are nevertheless emotionally tethered to age-old gender specific drives that will be with us all our lives. With that in mind, I gleefully embrace my primitive self knowing I'll never be happy unless my inner cave-man is accommodated. Likewise, I make every effort to understand ancient female drives which may on the surface seem illogical knowing it wouldn't exist today if it didn't serve a purpose. The key to human happiness is understanding our inherited traits, how they function in both men and women and not to deny them or criticize them but to enjoy them in a civilized and mutually respectful manor.
Yes, you believe there are inherent differences between men and women, as do most feminists. Now what do you think about feminism? You know the premise that women deserve social, political, and economic equality?

Old 03-09-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes, you believe there are inherent differences between men and women, as do most feminists. Now what do you think about feminism? You know the premise that women deserve social, political, and economic equality?
Women do have social, political and economic eqaulity.
I think any discerning person recognizes the inherent differences between men and women.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 AM

90 posts, read 153,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Feminist

(n.): a woman who challenges a man to a fist fight because she thinks she can win, but as soon as the guy punches back she claims the guy should not be hitting women and makes a huge scene about how all men beat women.

(adj.) a word describing a woman with complete disdain for any kind or caring gestures from a man, yet quick to complain if a man doesn't do something
Thats pretty much how they are.

+ They think all men rape, that men are like animals, and that men hate women(who again is it that is hateful).

Old 03-09-2011, 05:32 AM

68,350 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
So what do you think makes someone a feminist?[/font]
Intelligence

Old 03-09-2011, 05:39 AM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:

My definition of feminism is based on men and women deserving equal social, political and economic opportunity.

Liberalism which seeks to pit the sexes against each other doesn't lead to equal opportunity or mutual respect and shouldn't be called feminism.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:45 AM

68,350 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Liberalism which seeks to pit the sexes against each other doesn't lead to equal opportunity or mutual respect and shouldn't be called feminism.
What tabloid published that drivel? Or was it on the radio?

Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,584,628 times
Quote:
My definition of feminism is based on men and women deserving equal social, political and economic opportunity.
As is mine. That's exactly what I said above.

Quote:
See this is where I have a huge problem. Who exactly is pitting the sexes against each other, and I want proof not theories. You won't be able to find anything because it's just not true. This perpetrated fantasy that feminists hate men, and on and on is just a lie.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,965,966 times
Quote:

See this is where I have a huge problem. Who exactly is pitting the sexes against each other, and I want proof not theories. You won't be able to find anything because it's just not true. This perpetrated fantasy that feminists hate men, and on and on is just a lie.

I don't think its a huge problem because a feminist movement is pretty much nonexistent. There are certain things, but they do not necessarily have to be fought for or made a huge deal of. The reason so many feminists look like idiots, is because the ones raising their voices like they are being treated like slaves to men are the heard full of butch's with their mullets and buzz cuts shouting that women aren't just equal to men, but better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies