Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,631,900 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing from my black friends that he has done so much for black people in the 2 years he has been in office, yet when I ask them "what has he done", they all seem to draw a blank.
Maybe you intelligent folks here on CD can enlighten me as to what exactly has he done for black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 10:15 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
I love it when a right winger ( who has nothing but contempt for black people) thinks they are being clever by pointing out Obama hasn't done much for them. (Which is true)

As if they themselves don't agree with that, and they wouldn't do even less if they had the chance. Or like McCain would have done more for them?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:19 PM

570 posts, read 882,750 times
he's gave all the black executives in the health insurance business 40 million new customers

he's gave all the black executives at our nations biggest banks extra operating money to give themselves bonuses

he's gave all the black celebrities tax cuts

he's gave all the black middle class people the finger

he's gave all the black inner city people his cold shoulder

Old 03-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I love it when a right winger ( who has nothing but contempt for black people) thinks they are being clever by pointing out Obama hasn't done that much for them. (which is true) As if they themselves don't agree with that and wouldn't do even less.
I don't hold contempt for blacks (at least some of them), I just think they should do like everyone else..... work hard, quit playing the race card, and quit blaming everyone else for THEIR problems.
Obama is running this country further into the ground than Bush ever thought of doing, yet the blacks continue to treat him like a saint. Why? Especially since he hasn't done a damn thing for them.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I don't hold contempt for blacks (at least some of them), I just think they should do like everyone else..... work hard, quit playing the race card, and quit blaming everyone else for THEIR problems.
Obama is running this country further into the ground than Bush ever thought of doing, yet the blacks continue to treat him like a saint. Why? Especially since he hasn't done a damn thing for them.
Right, so in essence you agree with Obama to the extent he didn't do much for black people.

This must be part of your overall argument that your right wing ideology is so good for black people's interests?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Why are you so concerned with Black people? Are you equally as concerned with the disadvantaged in your own community?

BTW, the whole "quit playing the race card" phrase is lame and needs to be retired. Stop accusing Blacks of being defensive before we even open our mouths.

Oh...and what was Obama supposed to do for us anyway? I'd say the same thing he'd do for all races in the US...focus on building up the economy, creating jobs, ending the war, etc....If Obama instituted programs specifically for Black people, wouldn't that just support those who are of the opinion that Blacks are always looking for a hand-out? So, when you think we get them, you complain...when we don't get them, you wonder why we're not complaining. Ugh...

Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Why are you so concerned with Black people? Are you equally as concerned with the disadvantaged in your own community?

BTW, the whole "quit playing the race card" phrase is lame and needs to be retired. Stop accusing Blacks of being defensive before we even open our mouths.

Oh...and what was Obama supposed to do for us anyway? I'd say the same thing he'd do for all races in the US...focus on building up the economy, creating jobs, ending the war, etc....If Obama instituted programs specifically for Black people, wouldn't that just support those who are of the opinion that Blacks are always looking for a hand-out? So, when you think we get them, you complain...when we don't get them, you wonder why we're not complaining. Ugh...
Why am I so concerned?? Hmmm maybe the section 8 welfare leeches I have living next to me, driving their new car, and using their food stamps to buy food might have me a little teed off.
I have had to call the cops on these a-holes on more than one occasion. One time their kids wouldn't get out of my yard after I asked them nicely....so I called the cops and they accused me of only calling because they are black....Uh NO...it's because their disrespectful kids were in my yard.
A co-worker of mine was flaunting in everyones face last week her income tax check (that Obama "gave" her), of course the stupid b*tch has 3 kids, don't know who the fathers are, on section 8 and food stamps and still works (her excuse is so they think I am trying).....
I encounter more and more black people like this everyday....a sense that they are owed something. So my question is, what has Obama done to repay these poor blacks what is owed them?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:47 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I love it when a right winger ( who has nothing but contempt for black people) thinks they are being clever by pointing out Obama hasn't done much for them. (Which is true)

As if they themselves don't agree with that, and they wouldn't do even less if they had the chance. Or like McCain would have done more for them?
Sometimes I wonder where the hate and assumption comes from in your posts?

he has done a lot for black people who want to be on the system because he has made them even more dependent on the Gov to survive. That means he can pit them against the whites and the people who have and get their votes.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 PM

I rest my case. This is obviously at thread about lazy, undeserving black people started by yet another right winger.

The pretense was that he was curious or concerned about Obama not doing anything for them.

Turns out he's perfectly fine with that.

.....Oh and minorities, one more thing.

Please vote GOP. They love you.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:54 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
I keep hearing from my black friends that he has done so much for black people in the 2 years he has been in office, yet when I ask them "what has he done", they all seem to draw a blank.
Maybe you intelligent folks here on CD can enlighten me as to what exactly has he done for black people.
Tips on how to be a better golfer? Tiger Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies