Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:37 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
You called the cops on a bunch of kids without bothering to talk to the parents? And you think food-stamps are used for something other than buying food? And you know they're on section 8 because...

Local News | 3 people charged with food-stamp fraud in Chinatown International District | Seattle Times Newspaper

It happens. I'm going out on a limb here and thinking Miss Kwong and Miss Nguyen aren't Black, though.

The charges allege that the "runners" would be sent out to find people who had just received their monthly SNAP benefit card, which works similar to a debit card. The cardholders would run up a transaction at the store — pretending to buy groceries — and then be given half the amount back in cash. The cards are supposed to be used for food transactions only.
The store would keep the other half of the cash, less a fee for the runner for finding the cardholder, the charges allege
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 11:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
And today's anti-black screed is brought to you by...

Old 03-14-2011, 11:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And today's anti-black screed is brought to you by...
Yeah, it's a pretty obvious troll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go&feature=fvsr

Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I love it when a right winger ( who has nothing but contempt for black people) thinks they are being clever by pointing out Obama hasn't done much for them. (Which is true)

As if they themselves don't agree with that, and they wouldn't do even less if they had the chance. Or like McCain would have done more for them?

That is what he has done for the black citizens???

That doesn't make sense to the topic.
Sounds like a diversion, because you too drew a blank.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I rest my case. This is obviously at thread about lazy, undeserving black people started by yet another right winger.

The pretense was that he was curious or concerned about Obama not doing anything for them.

Turns out he's perfectly fine with that.

.....Oh and minorities, one more thing.

Please vote GOP. They love you.

Yet, it is your 3rd post and still your drawing a blank.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 AM

3 pages and no one has posted one good thing he has done for all those that elected him.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Nothing.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I do have many highly educated black friends. And the thing they want most people to do is exactly this, stop saying what is being done for black people, or what do blacks expect now, etc. etc, etc. They want the race thing out of it. Why can't we say what is Obama doing for most Americans, because our economy right now sucks big time. well it does. There are many white bums out there also looking for a free ride, i know of some by acquaintaince. There are always going to be those who are very lazy looking for a hand out, and what can i get for nothing, they are going to be black, white, hispanic, etc. Then there are going to be those, that cannot get enough education, to further theirs. What has Obama done for this economy for us Americans, because i really do not see it getting better. Family in the E.C. are complaining, friends in the S. are too. Was Obama made President only for those who are black, that sounds stilly doesn't it.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
I like how certain posters seem to believe that Obama should make policy decisions designed to solely aid black people solely because they're black. I wonder if this same logic applies to former and future white presidents and white people

Old 03-15-2011, 12:31 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Well I don't remember President Obama having signed any bills into law which were directed specifically at the black population, so the question is flawed. But he has done alot for Americans of all races, so I am going to assume that the HCB will probably help out those black folks with pre-existing conditions. It's also safe to assume that his "Race to the Top" program which gave education administrators the incentive to improve school districts in their states will do some positive things for poor performing majority-black school districts. Lastly, his withdrawal timetables for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have set the deadline for black soldiers (fighting for your right to be a pretentious pr**k) to return home to their families...

Well that wasn't so hard now was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies