Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,145,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its actually that way in quite a few states. Many states have transfered all of their records (be it birth records, death records, marriage, etc) digitally and store them on computer. Its easier, quicker, more efficient, etc. As long as the information on the certificate meets all federal requirements, states can design birth certificates however they see fit. This is nothing new, and quite a few states no longer provide the long form, its not even an option when requesting a certified copy and hasn't been for quite some time. Its not just Hawaii either, its the same in NY, as well as other states (hell depending on what state you live in, it could be the same there).
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
At present, HI does not provide a long form automatically. However, it can be presented, if needed or requested.
It is on file, it has not been destroyed.

I'm not going to keep debating this. There is an
original birth certificate for Obama, which has
specifics on his birth e.g. date, time, doctor, hospital
etc.

I have no difficulty understanding the law or legal
documents. Legally, no one is asking Obama to produce
anything at present.

Publicly, many are asking him to show his
original birth certificate.

If you are an Obama supporter, I can see why you want to just stand by the legality of it. For others, there's an integrity, transparency issue at hand, which has nothing to do with the law.

Let's see Obama run his next campaign strictly on "the law". Let's see how far that get's him.
Very nicely stated. All the info that is on the long form is still required to be collected at the birth of every child and is available. If they didn't need it and it wasn't important they wouldn't keep collecting it from every new mother. Hawaii tries to make it sound impossible to get in order to give "Mr Transparency" cover for not showing his.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Very nicely stated. All the info that is on the long form is still required to be collected at the birth of every child and is available. If they didn't need it and it wasn't important they wouldn't keep collecting it from every new mother. Hawaii tries to make it sound impossible to get in order to give "Mr Transparency" cover for not showing his.
The state is collecting data - known as "vital statistics". The data is then the property of the state collecting it. For identification purposes, the state will then offer the person a certified abstract of the pertinent information from the data collected at the time of that person's birth. The state is NOT required to provide the full vital statistics they collected, and you have no right to it.

The form is not available. They don't offer it. No matter WHO you are. Get it?

Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I'm not the President so it wouldn't matter if I
was born here or not, but if I decide to run....
I will post a photocopy
of my original birth certificate, as I have mine
It lists the date I was born, the time, my mother and fathers age, my parent's occupation, their address,
the doctor who delivered me, and the name of the hospital. You know, all
that kinda stuff that's on an original certificate of live
birth.

I'll even post copies of my foot prints, my
silver baby spoon with date and time of
birth on it, a photo of my bronze baby shoes,
and as a special memento: a copy of the silhouette painting they had done of my facial profile when I was a baby.
I guess my family went all out
when I was born

My Presidential platform: anti militarism, smaller government, and total transparency.
I owe you a half dozen reps.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
And when you got your passport, it would have to
show the ages (date of birth) of both parents on
the certified birth certificate.

Forget the 1982 statue I cited, I just happened to
read it. In 1961 there were three types of Birth
Certificates:

a. If the birth was attended by a physician or mid wife, the attending medical professional was required to certify to the Department of Health the facts of the birth date, location, parents’ identities and other information. (See Section 57-8 & 9 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

b. In 1961, if a person was born in Hawaii but not attended by a physician or mid wife, then, up to the first birthday of the child, an adult could, upon testimony, file a “Delayed Certificate”, which required endorsement on the Delayed Certificate of a summary statement of the evidence submitted in support of the acceptance for delayed filing, which evidence must be kept in a special permanent file. The statute provided that the probative value of the Delayed Certificate must be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate is offered as evidence. (See Section 57-18, 19 & 20 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

c. If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year. (See Section 57-40 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

See, I don't think there was a twisted conspiracy when
he was born. And no, Obama is the one who thinks
what applies today, applied in 1961. That's why
show the "original". I'm guessing Obama has c).
So much opportunity for fraud in those rules.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
So much opportunity for fraud in those rules.
they are similar to the rules in every other state.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Who care about these health statisitcs? Do you really want to know when his mother's last period was? How many prenatal visits she had? Believe me when I say I've seen these long forms and there is nothing on them that would impact Obama's elgibiity, unless the birthers want to write some amendments to the constitution about prenatal care, parents' educational levels and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
they are similar to the rules in every other state.
Indeed they are.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:11 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
trump is now claiming that unidentified people told him the birth certificate is missing.

Donald Trump | birth certificate missing | Obama | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump is now claiming that unidentified people told him the birth certificate is missing.

Donald Trump | birth certificate missing | Obama | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
Good grief. "I heard ..." is now news?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
and "I heard, but I cannot tell you who said it", is now BREAKING NEWS, good grief

hey media, it is time to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Good grief. "I heard ..." is now news?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
and "I heard, but I cannot tell you who said it", is now BREAKING NEWS, good grief

hey media, it is time to move on.
Some say ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.