Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you care?
Yes , we won't miss you abit > too liberal and advanced 11 42.31%
No , your traitors and we can't survive without you 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
While I am from New Jersey and do defend some of it's honor when I feel its insulted unfairly, the one thing that is interesting is if the Northeast does secede, there will be no more liberal Massachussetts or Vermont politicans telling how Arizona and Texas should handle illegal immigrants to their states.
One qualifier....first all the CA and WA liberals need to move to the the future state of LaLaistan. That would really clean up the rest of the country.

One question...what about those poor people in New Hampshire? You know, the whole "live free or die" thing....doesn't seem like a good fit with the rest of the states in this proposal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
While I am from New Jersey and do defend some of it's honor when I feel its insulted unfairly, the one thing that is interesting is if the Northeast does secede, there will be no more liberal Massachussetts or Vermont politicans telling how Arizona and Texas should handle illegal immigrants to their states.
I have a family member that moved to your state not long ago. I was shocked to find out that once you are outside of the urban areas, NJ is quite moderate and has a lot of similarites to the south.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:47 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
One qualifier....first all the CA and WA liberals need to move to the the future state of LaLaistan. That would really clean up the rest of the country.

One question...what about those poor people in New Hampshire? You know, the whole "live free or die" thing....doesn't seem like a good fit with the rest of the states in this proposal.
Texas will use NH as a base of operations as we invade and thin the heard in the areas around it.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,191 times
America isn't breaking up anytime soon, but I like how many of you have fantasies about a second civil war.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Yea...when the last part of the country that actually has a citizenry with common sense decides to leave the country, yes, i would care. A LOT!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 AM

800 posts, read 781,436 times
This whole North South talk is incredibly stupid, considering every single time it's, once you get outside of city X then in seems a lot more like the South...

Well obviously, the South is very rural, so anyone from a city or suburb, especially in the NE tends to think country equals redneck/southern. Any rural area has jacked up pickups and Confederate Battle Flags and the like.

Its where you start to see the 1st national flown where it gets much more Southern, generally.

North Beach, you must really have a desire to be Southern, but Maryland culture at least as its looked at nationally is much more affiliated with the NE than South. Lacrosse is arguably its biggest sport, yet when I went to SC, a true Southern state, people saw lacrosse as a bizarre yankee sport. In AL, GA, the same thing. I'd consider Southern OH, Indiana, and Missouri more "Southern" than Maryland, though I'd consider all of those states resolutely Midwestern. Historically you have some creedence, but in terms of modern context I'd say not even close. Have you ever spent a lot of time in a Southern state?

As far as the OP, I'd rather just all the liberals move to Canada. Parts of NY, CT, Maine are beautiful and steeped in revolutionary history

Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
I don't see this happening at all. Instead, I see the rest of the country gradually becoming more and more like the Northeast, since the Northeast is ahead of its time compared to the rest of the country. It sets the standard for the rest of the U.S., which is backwards compared to the Northeast. The Northeast has the best education by far, wealth, diversity, economy and job market, food, transportation and same sex marriage in most states. And much better separation of church and state, as it is the least religious area of the nation.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I don't see this happening at all. Instead, I see the rest of the country gradually becoming more and more like the Northeast, since the Northeast is ahead of its time compared to the rest of the country. It sets the standard for the rest of the U.S., which is backwards compared to the Northeast. The Northeast has the best education by far, wealth, diversity, economy and job market, food, transportation and same sex marriage in most states. And much better separation of church and state, as it is the least religious area of the nation.
I just wish they would work on getting the lead out of the drinking water up there because it's clearly causing some people who live there to become completely ignorant fools who might actually believe what you just spewed.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Does anyone here thnk the poll questions make sence, really?
Casper

Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
America isn't breaking up anytime soon, but I like how many of you have fantasies about a second civil war.

Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies