Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Now as to the rest of your post...

My principles are thus,we as nation and a people cannot impose our will upon other peoples and nations.

While it might be 'noble' to help the rebels,it is also meddling in the internal affairs of a sovereign nation and unless you would like outsiders to interfere in OUR internal affairs,you should rethink your position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Four House Democrats fired off a letter to Obama on Tuesday filled with tough words and phrases like "quagmire" and "rush to war" that read more like a missive they would have sent to former President George W. Bush than a Democratic president whose agenda they've supported from top to bottom.
"The United States must immediately shift to end the bombing in Libya," said the letter from Democratic Reps. Raul Grijalva of Arizona, and Mike Honda, Barbara Lee and Lynn Woolsey of California. "Rest assured we will fight in Congress to ensure the United States does not become embroiled in yet another destabilizing military quagmire in Libya with no clear exit plan or diplomatic strategy for peace."
Quote:
The lawmakers added the U.S. action in Libya "represents a dangerous path toward perpetual U.S. military engagement around the world."
Obama playing defense over Libya - CNN.com

Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Here is something to ponder....

Say the USA is being bombed...I mean a no fly zone like in Libya.

The Pentagon would be a target,so would the air station a few miles from where I live...right next to the air station is houses.

In Savannah Georgia,Hunter Army Airfield is right next to the Abercorn Mall.

Fort Stewart in GA has a road running through it.

So when the media says only military targets are getting hit,remember how close OUR military bases and facilities are to OUR homes.
My response to that is 'tough luck'....

As long as I know the military personal are doing their best to avoid civilian casualties...and they are...so why make that the issue, instead of the thousands we're liberating and saving from certain death, assasnination from Quadafi...

Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Now as to the rest of your post...

My principles are thus,we as nation and a people cannot impose our will upon other peoples and nations.

While it might be 'noble' to help the rebels,it is also meddling in the internal affairs of a sovereign nation and unless you would like outsiders to interfere in OUR internal affairs,you should rethink your position.
Sorry, but yes I would...if our Government suddently started killing, mowing down with machine guns, assasinating people, families, women and children, just for wanting change

then yes I would like, want, for other nations to step in and help...

Soveriegn or not...to stand by why others get mowed down by machine guns just for wanting freedom, would be immoral...

Goodnight...

Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
My response to that is 'tough luck'....

As long as I know the military personal are doing their best to avoid civilian casualties...and they are...so why make that the issue, instead of the thousands we're liberating and saving from certain death, assasnination from Quadafi...
So now you don't care about civilians being killed....yet that is supposedly is the reasoning for all this anyway.

Thanks for proving the hypocrisy of the left.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Sorry, but yes I would...if our Government suddently started killing, mowing down with machine guns, assasinating people, families, women and children, just for wanting change

then yes I would like, want, for other nations to step in and help...

Soveriegn or not...to stand by why others get mowed down by machine guns just for wanting freedom, would be immoral...

Goodnight...
So let me try and grasp your split personality posting...

You would want outsiders to interfere if people were being killed by an out of control government....and if that interference kills MORE innocent people that is simply tough luck...

Thanks for posting this for all to read.

It shows the complete lack of logic of those who support bombing Libyans to save Libyans...

Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 PM

401 posts, read 473,727 times
Quote:

You would want outsiders to interfere if people were being killed by an out of control government....and if that interference kills MORE innocent people that is simply tough luck...

It shows the complete lack of logic of those who support bombing Libyans to save Libyans...
Exactly....all the while without a CLEAR commitment to remove Kadalfi from power. If this commitment is not made, do you think those close to Kadalfi are going to even consider backing the rebels? Where will the Libyans stand if Kadalfi is not removed?

He is so wishy washy. Just trying to keep all of his potential voters happy. He is the Chameleon.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
So now you don't care about civilians being killed....yet that is supposedly is the reasoning for all this anyway.

Thanks for proving the hypocrisy of the left.
'So now I don't care about civilians being killed?'

It funny how we read and splice others intent and words to suit our own arguement...

One more time...

Of course I care about civilians...

My point being, with our forces, and the responsible coalition of nations...I know civilians are not being deliberatly targeted....

Where as Quadafi, if you read the reports, and testimony from those living there...is deliberatly targeting un-armed citizens by death squads...

The focus of this mission should be the tens of thousands we're liberating...not the one or two who accidently get caught in the crossfire...

That's like a strategy used by some, and that is to always make the accidental civilian deaths the lead story, rather than the 1500 saved do to intervention...

How hard is that to understand...

Read it again if you need clarity...and if you can't understand, than that means you don't want to...cause I can't be more clear...

Old 03-23-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Most aren't that 'dense'...this isn't Rush Limbaughs audience your dealing with...

But nice try...intelligent people know exactly what I mean...they don't need you to take things out of context...

But nice try...

Old 03-23-2011, 01:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Here is something to ponder....

Say the USA is being bombed...I mean a no fly zone like in Libya.

The Pentagon would be a target,so would the air station a few miles from where I live...right next to the air station is houses.

In Savannah Georgia,Hunter Army Airfield is right next to the Abercorn Mall.

Fort Stewart in GA has a road running through it.

So when the media says only military targets are getting hit,remember how close OUR military bases and facilities are to OUR homes.
Technology allows for prescision strikes. Pick a tank out of a line of tanks without touching any of the others, pick a window through which to guide the bomb. These our not the bombs of our grandparents time.

Knowing that military bases are target rich environments should the US be attacked, I cannot fathom why anyone would choose to live next to one unless he/she were in the military, a contractor wokring on base, or had a spouse reporting to the base daily. YMMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies