Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Why do you care? Are you insecure in your own sexuality?
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 04:41 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Challenge: Name one positive aspect of homosexuality

Positive aspect: It pisses the hell out of conservatives

Old 03-27-2011, 04:50 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We don't know for a fact that people are born gay.
YOU don't know it to be a fact, everyone else does...!!

Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
YOU don't know it to be a fact, everyone else does...!!
Can you show me the scientific study that shows that homosexuality is 100% genetic and something people are born with?

There isn't one.

I'm one that believes that homosexuality isn't a choice, its something thats determined by genetic factors, hormonal changes in the womb and after, and outside environmental sources. Maybe its over use of bottled water in feeding as a child, IDK.

But to say that 100% without a shadow of a doubt that homosexuality is something people are born with is just wrong. That doesn't make it a choice, please don't take that the wrong way. As I said, I'm for gay marriage, I don't think there is anything wrong with homosexuals, and I don't really care what they do with their lives. But its not known what the cause of homosexuality is yet, and anyone who says that they know, isn't acknowledging fact.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:57 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Liberals are always lecturing us like petulant children about the wonders of homosexuality and heterosexuality. So I'm going to open up my mind and let you all enlighten me. What are the wonders of homosexuality? How is homosexuality inherently better than heterosexuality? How are Adam and Steve superior to Adam and Eve? What service does homosexuality provide that heterosexuality denies? Of what value is homosexuality to our culture or our advancement as a civilization?
A plug for every socket?

Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM

521 posts, read 467,170 times
For people who hate gays so much they sure love talking about them all the time.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:01 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Can you show me the scientific study that shows that homosexuality is 100% genetic and something people are born with?

There isn't one.

I'm one that believes that homosexuality isn't a choice, its something thats determined by genetic factors, hormonal changes in the womb and after, and outside environmental sources. Maybe its over use of bottled water in feeding as a child, IDK.

But to say that 100% without a shadow of a doubt that homosexuality is something people are born with is just wrong. That doesn't make it a choice, please don't take that the wrong way. As I said, I'm for gay marriage, I don't think there is anything wrong with homosexuals, and I don't really care what they do with their lives. But its not known what the cause of homosexuality is yet, and anyone who says that they know, isn't acknowledging fact.
Since it's not a choice the idea/saying of folk being born with it seems to be fitting. Very little is 100% genetic. Most things are multi-factorial. With that said, my adopted brother looked up his bio family a few years ago and found that his dad is bi, and a brother and uncle are gay. That's pretty interesting.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Liberals are always lecturing us like petulant children about the wonders of homosexuality and heterosexuality. So I'm going to open up my mind and let you all enlighten me. What are the wonders of homosexuality? How is homosexuality inherently better than heterosexuality? How are Adam and Steve superior to Adam and Eve? What service does homosexuality provide that heterosexuality denies? Of what value is homosexuality to our culture or our advancement as a civilization?
Great literary, fashion, musical and artistic sensibilities. Homosexuals are not different then heterosexual people in their ability to contribute to society in a positive way. However the music, fashion, literary and artistic industries have shown less of a bias in terms of accepting the homosexuals.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:43 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
They are hot. Just look at my man James Dean.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:47 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Since it's not a choice the idea/saying of folk being born with it seems to be fitting. Very little is 100% genetic. Most things are multi-factorial. With that said, my adopted brother looked up his bio family a few years ago and found that his dad is bi, and a brother and uncle are gay. That's pretty interesting.
Cool, I hope they submit to a study. It could help a lot.

I want the reasons for homosexuality to be discovered, so that all of the people screaming its a choice can finally shut up.

I know its not a choice, its from various factors starting from before birth and after. But some people won't be satisfied until its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Some folks won't be satisfied regardless of whats found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies