Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Is Barack Obama a political genius?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano941 View Post
By using the Internet to build a strong support group with young voters as well as revenue for his campaign. Facebook, YouTube, and the younger generation were largely ignored by all of his opponents Democrat and Republican. That's how he revolutionized it.
He copied Ron Paul?

Old 04-16-2011, 04:39 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
By using the Internet to build a strong support group with young voters as well as revenue for his campaign. Facebook, YouTube, and the younger generation were largely ignored by all of his opponents Democrat and Republican. That's how he revolutionized it.
You might want to look at results. Young people didn't turn out in significanlty higher percentages than they ever had before.

Even then the youth vote is not what won the race for Obama.

If you remember McCain/Palin were kicking arse until the economy crashed. That's why Obama won. Not because he is some kind of great campaigner.

If the economy had crashed 4 months later McCain would be president right now. Obama lucked into the presidency.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:41 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Quote:
True that he may or may not be behind the curve as a President but the reason he's President is because he revolutionized campaigning. Let's not cut the man short...
IMO Obama campaigns but doesn't do anything else...his speech this week was another campaign speech. AFA his campaigning, most promises he made last campaign were never realized. He flip-flops with his statements and his stances and can't respond to someone without a teleprompter. Each statement he makes his planned in advance. What's the point of him winning the Presidency when he has helped the country go further downhill?

Old 04-16-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
You might want to look at results. Young people didn't turn out in significanlty higher percentages than they ever had before.

Even then the youth vote is not what won the race for Obama.

If you remember McCain/Palin were kicking arse until the economy crashed. That's why Obama won. Not because he is some kind of great campaigner.

If the economy had crashed 4 months later McCain would be president right now. Obama lucked into the presidency.
Sometimes luck is manipulated.

Give a LITTLE credit for the process.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:45 AM

146 posts, read 250,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
IMO Obama campaigns but doesn't do anything else...his speech this week was another campaign speech. AFA his campaigning, most promises he made last campaign were never realized. He flip-flops with his statements and his stances and can't respond to someone without a teleprompter. Each statement he makes his planned in advance. What's the point of him winning the Presidency when he has helped the country go further downhill?
On that I agree with you. I haven't seen a single candidate that motivates me to get out of bed election day. Obama has disappointed me.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:59 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Quote:
On that I agree with you. I haven't seen a single candidate that motivates me to get out of bed election day. Obama has disappointed me.
Unless something changes on election day I will be voting for the lesser of two evils.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Unless something changes on election day I will be voting for the lesser of two evils.
You evil motherfather!

Old 04-16-2011, 05:11 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
By simply ignoring the shrill conservative conspiracy theorists who claim Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, is this a sly tactic on Obama's part to pave the way for a "birther" candidate (like Trump) to win the GOP nomination? Or, at the very least, to create deep fractures within the GOP field between the "birther" and non-birther wings of the GOP primary voters and candidates?

Totally genius strategy, if you ask me.
It could be an exceptionally good strategy. On the other hand, it could also be that Obama really was born in Hawaii, so he has no reason to involve himself in all the screaming and yelling.

Besides, if you were the incumbent President, wouldn't you be salivating at the thought of an opponent whose platform is based mainly on whether you were born in a particular location or not?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Shocking PPP poll released yesterday:

Trump 26%
Huckabee 17%
Romney 15%
Newt Gingrich 11%
Sarah Palin 8%
Ron Paul 5%
T-Paw 4%
Bachmann 4%

Donald Trump tops in new 2012 GOP poll - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

By simply ignoring the shrill conservative conspiracy theorists who claim Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, is this a sly tactic on Obama's part to pave the way for a "birther" candidate (like Trump) to win the GOP nomination? Or, at the very least, to create deep fractures within the GOP field between the "birther" and non-birther wings of the GOP primary voters and candidates?

Totally genius strategy, if you ask me.
is he a genius? I would give credit more to those who advise him, than to him. He was just in the right place at the right time and they started grooming him. What worked the first time around may not work this time. Many are getting a little tired of his campaigning 24/7 from 2007 until now.

As for those stupid polls, you have to be walking around with your eyes closed if you are paying any attention to a poll witha bunch of names on it or men and women that have not even announced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies