Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,673,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Osama didn't physically murder anyone on 9/11, he planned the event and is responsible but let's be clear. I'm not saying the US should have let him go with a slap on the wrist but his targeted assassination is a dangerous precedent we shouldn't have set. How can we speak from a position of authority to other countries when we openly break international laws?
Well Charles Manson didn't go to the Tate/ La Bianca households either yet he planned everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM

38,058 posts, read 22,219,705 times
Quote:
Do you feel that the recent assassination was justified? Given the new facts that were released by the White House we now know that he wasn't armed as first reported. How can the United States justify targeted assassination in Pakistan which is against US regulations and international law then expect other countries like Libya to follow our orders to treat their citizens in accordance with international law?
bin Laden was not assassinated anymore then a rat in a trap or a rabid dog is assassinated.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well Charles Manson didn't go to the Tate/ La Bianca households either yet he planned everything.
That's correct, and we didn't send a Navy Seal team in to assassinate him in a foreign country.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
bin Laden was not assassinated anymore then a rat in a trap or a rabid dog is assassinated.
You guys are all letting your emotions get in the way of this conversation. I'm completely fine with the fact that he was shot in the head, I'm glad he's dead but I question the methods that were used to get to that end. That's all I'm saying...

Old 05-04-2011, 09:28 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,343,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's different.

I don't think any of them would have been capable of flying Boeing jet airliners.

Only dumb Muslims could master that feat.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,984,933 times
Quote:
You guys are all letting your emotions get in the way of this conversation. I'm completely fine with the fact that he was shot in the head, I'm glad he's dead but I question the methods that were used to get to that end. That's all I'm saying...
Great, you lead the next SEAL team that raids the hiding place of an Al-Qaeda leader and report back to us whether those methods were justified. Until then, read the UN Resolutions that justified the use of force against this POS who is finally fish food.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,853,489 times
Quote:
Ronald Reagan signed an executive order in 1981 banning targeted assassinations which is still in effect today, how exactly were we justified in doing this?
Bush reversed the order and ordered targeted assassinations.

Abu Ali al-Harithi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,850,195 times
Quote:
Great, you don't comprehend my question and you don't even try to stay on topic... thanks.
I undertood it and responded in kind. You're welcome. Perhaps, one day, you will understand what I had to say. I'm kind of doubting that, though.

In fact, I'm sure that unless I totally agree with you, you'll just think I'm wrong. So arguing with you would be pointless.

You're asking us to convince you of something that you would refuse to be convinced of. That's called, "trolling."

Old 05-04-2011, 09:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Quote:
Do you feel that the recent assassination was justified?
Yes, I agree with the overwhelming majority of world opinion.

Quote:
Given the new facts that were released by the White House we now know that he wasn't armed as first reported. How can the United States justify targeted assassination in Pakistan which is against US regulations and international law then expect other countries like Libya to follow our orders to treat their citizens in accordance with international law?
What was it Bush said ten years ago about harboring terrorists?

This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while. And the American people must be patient. I'm going to be patient. But I can assure the American people I am determined, I'm not going to be distracted, I will keep my focus to make sure that not only are these brought to justice, but anybody who's been associated will be brought to justice. Those who harbor terrorists will be brought to justice. It is time for us to win the first war of the 21st century decisively, so that our children and our grandchildren can live peacefully into the 21st century.
George W. Bush
White House press conference, September 16, 2001

Mission accomplished. Another job finished by Obama.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,984,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
..........Mission accomplished. Another job finished by Obama.
The war against jihaddist Islam is far from finished. Or, perhaps you ignore the remaining Al Qaeda leaders who are a real threat and have inspired attacks here in the USA.

Clue: Fort Hood massacre, Times Square Christmas bomber, underwear bomber.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies