Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We're talking about civilized humans here, not animals that attack when provoked. The consequences of a comment should be a return comment, not a physical attack... then again I am talking about civilized humans.
"Civilized Humans"...huh?

See...there you go again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
desert, this is the same poster who claims to have Black friends that would laugh and holler in amusement if you called them chimps and apes to their faces.
What? He said that?

No wonder these guys get so upset when the Uncle Tom theads come up. They must hang around those types of blacks, which is why they're so suprised that some of us are a bit more militant.

Apes and chimps? Maaaaan...i'd come completely unglued.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,894,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ignorance. But the source should be considered.

There are plenty of men in prison, both black, white, and otherwise that went to college. Has nothing to do with being white. In fact, i know a hell of a lot of white folks who didn't even finish high school, let alone went to college. Unlike you, i don't associate being educated with being white...and most black folks don't either. The two have nothing to do with each other, so stop flattering yourself. And defending myself against verbal attacks has nada to do with being tough and everything to do with not allowing myself to be humiliated at will by some clown.

I mean...what? You guys wanna be able to say this stuff so badly that it's killing you that someone might retaliate as a result?

In any case, i've stated my opinion and that's where i'll remain til i die. Case closed.
I think it's more like you want people to say that stuff so badly to you so you can justify to yourself your own violent impulses. So you get to scratch your itch, satisfy your impulse - great, you feel good for a minute or two (right before you hear the sirens coming for you), but what about perpetuating a negative stereotype of black men that they impulsively turn to violence at any provocation, and what that does to race relations in society, and how that ultimately has an impact on your children? You don't care about them? It's called being short-sighted and impulsive and out of control. You say you don't care if you perpetuate a negative stereotype about your race, because you got to scratch your itch! Got it. Where did you get your education again?

Btw, you know as well as I do that a huge problem in some segments of the black community is that some blacks are shamed for trying to achieve academically, so don't try that BS with me.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 PM

10,448 posts, read 12,490,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Someone who would use the N word probably thinks that black people, especially men, are quick to resort to violence and don't have the ability to sort out emotions rationally. How nice of you to go ahead and be just who the racist wants you to be. After you finish beating him/her up, they'll cite your race for your animalistic behavior. You can't teach these people anything, but that doesn't mean you should go and reinforce their false assumptions.
Think what you want, but someone who responds to a verbal attack with a physical attack has a real problem.
I don't condone violence either but black people shouldn't be forced into an "educational role" 24/7 just because racist people are deluded. Black people have just as much a right to live their lives and have their own reactions as people of any other race. A white guy can beat someone up without worrying what it will do to his race's image, so why should a black person have to worry about that? People, especially self-identified racists, do make those leaps, but that shouldn't force black people to constantly uphold a perfect image on behalf of their race.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:32 PM

10,448 posts, read 12,490,102 times
Quote:
Ignorance. But the source should be considered.

There are plenty of men in prison, both black, white, and otherwise that went to college. Has nothing to do with being white. In fact, i know a hell of a lot of white folks who didn't even finish high school, let alone went to college. Unlike you, i don't associate being educated with being white...and most black folks don't either. The two have nothing to do with each other, so stop flattering yourself. And defending myself against verbal attacks has nada to do with being tough and everything to do with not allowing myself to be humiliated at will by some clown.

I mean...what? You guys wanna be able to say this stuff so badly that it's killing you that someone might retaliate as a result?

In any case, i've stated my opinion and that's where i'll remain til i die. Case closed.
Oh, right. That's why there are so many black people on Harvard campus. Sorry but if you actually go on most private college campuses and don't just look at the website you'll notice that most of them are pretty white. Even after all the Affirmative Action and diversity and scholarship programs, private college campuses are still pretty white. The reason they have stuff like Affirmative Action is because they're trying so hard not to be white.

There is a correlation between being black and social economic status. There is a correlation between socioeconomic status and access to good education. Therefore, there is a correlation between being black and having access to a good education. That's why Obama is implementing programs to try to get lower-income kids more access to education, and truth be told, most of those kids are black. I know that because I discussed it at length with the guy who came up with the program, who is a black man, and is trying to even out the huge discrepancy between the access to education whites have and access to education blacks have.

Of course it's not every black person or every white person, but the trends certainly are there.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I think it's more like you want people to say that stuff so badly to you so you can justify to yourself your own violent impulses. So you get to scratch your itch, satisfy your impulse - great, you feel good for a minute or two (right before you hear the sirens coming for you), but what about perpetuating a negative stereotype of black men that they impulsively turn to violence at any provocation, and what that does to race relations in society, and how that ultimately has an impact on your children? You don't care about them? It's called being short-sighted and impulsive and out of control. You say you don't care if you perpetuate a negative stereotype about your race, because you got to scratch your itch! Got it. Where did you get your education again?

Btw, you know as well as I do that a huge problem in some segments of the black community is that some blacks are shamed for trying to achieve academically, so don't try that BS with me.
I received my education in a school...just like everyone else.

And once again, i don't give a damn about stereotypes. If you blatantly insult me with a racial epithet, then what difference does it make? If i don't respond, not only will the stereotype remain in the mind of the antagonist, but you'll be able to add "coward" to that stereotype too. Can't have it, and i WON'T have it. I respect others, and i demand the same respect be given to me. The onus isn't on me to worry about stereotypes to the point that i become a damn dartboard. Now maybe you know some Uncle Tom types who'll lay down for that foolishness, but that buck stops with me.

As for your faux concern about education in the black community, i'll pass. You can miss me with that nonsense. You're just repeating some bull that you've heard on some talk radio show somewhere. "Some blacks are ashamed of succeeding blah, blah, blah".....you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Oh, right. That's why there are so many black people on Harvard campus. Sorry but if you actually go on most private college campuses and don't just look at the website you'll notice that most of them are pretty white. Even after all the Affirmative Action and diversity and scholarship programs, private college campuses are still pretty white. The reason they have stuff like Affirmative Action is because they're trying so hard not to be white.

There is a correlation between being black and social economic status. There is a correlation between socioeconomic status and access to good education. Therefore, there is a correlation between being black and having access to a good education. That's why Obama is implementing programs to try to get lower-income kids more access to education, and truth be told, most of those kids are black. I know that because I discussed it at length with the guy who came up with the program, who is a black man, and is trying to even out the huge discrepancy between the access to education whites have and access to education blacks have.

Of course it's not every black person or every white person, but the trends certainly are there.
I don't give a damn about how many blacks are on the Harvard campus. Furthermore, this whole black/education/trying to be white/ nonsense is just that...NONSENSE!

Look..think what you want. I don't give a damn either way. You're off the mark, but you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. Education in the black community is a black issue, and it's something that WE have to deal with ourselves. So there is no sense in discussing this with non-blacks anyway.

Anyway...as you were.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,509,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You Can’t Say That: The Well-Intentioned Censorship of Poltical Correctness | DBKP - Death By 1000 Papercuts - DBKP

Political correctness is an approved form of censorship. Based on emotional appeals at the expense of reason, political correctness mandates that inconvenient truths or facts be swept under the carpet. Or else.
Free speech, guaranteed to all Americans under the first amendment, is on it’s way to becoming moot. The political, media and intellectual elites who control the terms of national debate and the rules of civil society have succeeded in censoring opposing views, limiting debate and demonizing dissent. Perception is on its way to becoming our new reality.

Note, this is a Right leaning article. Just to clear that up before someone says it's slanted. The author has valid points though, if you keep an open mind.
No freedom is absolute. Which is why we have laws prohibiting slander, libel, inciting to riot, disturbing the peace, etc., etc. In other words, your freedoms end at my nose. Nobody has the freedom to infringe upon the freedoms of others.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,871,345 times
Quote:
What? He said that?

No wonder these guys get so upset when the Uncle Tom theads come up. They must hang around those types of blacks, which is why they're so suprised that some of us are a bit more militant.

Apes and chimps? Maaaaan...i'd come completely unglued.
Why? Can you not control yourself? Don't you realize that "coming unglued" plays perfectly into the stereotype of "apes and chimps"?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,871,345 times
Quote:
Say what stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies