Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
My comment was in response to your:

I've heard that one before....

Geezuz, black people never ever have anything wrong on their side of the fence do they?

Everything has to do with the African tribes who sold their brothers and sisters into slavery 200 years ago doesn't it?
Because it's actually true. I'm talking about MY life.

Believe it or not, there are Black people who acknowledge there are problems in the Black community. The thing is, people like me get sick and tired of having bad things said about us all of time. Basically,we feel like we have to defend ourselves all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how many blacks in England refer to themselves as African-English and not just English....

How many blacks in America refer to themselves as Americans and not African-Americans?

Therein lies the issue........
Maybe it's because most Black people in Britain CHOSE to be there. Blacks in America came via force. Maybe if we had all gotten to the USA the way Black British people did, then maybe we would have called ourselves Americans in the first place. "African-American" is a response to being called "colored" "Negro" and other terms that we had no say in.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Because it's actually true. I'm talking about MY life.

Believe it or not, there are Black people who acknowledge there are problems in the Black community. The thing is, people like me get sick and tired of having bad things said about us all of time. Basically,we feel like we have to defend ourselves all the time.
The problem is nothing ever gets done about any of the problems in the black community, that's why you hear the same thing over and over again...

Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Maybe it's because most Black people in Britain CHOSE to be there. Blacks in America came via force. Maybe if we had all gotten to the USA the way Black British people did, then maybe we would have called ourselves Americans in the first place. "African-American" is a response to being called "colored" "Negro" and other terms that we had no say in.
There has been nothing holding the black people from going back to their homeland(s) for over 150 years...

Next excuse?

Colored and negro has been outlawed in this country for well over two decades....

Tis funny, human nature is when someone doesn't like the way they are treated they move...

Blacks in England were imported as slaves just like the blacks here in America, blacks were imported in greater numbers to Brazil yet blacks don't refer to themselves there as African-Brazilian. In both those countries blacks incorporated themselves into society, yet here they take pride in degrading black women, pride in living in da hood, black kids look up not to their non-existent fathers but to the drug dealers on the corner.... they take pride in holding up their pants with one hand while the other comfortably rests on their .45 in their pocket....

And what does the black community do about it?

Blame white society, day in day out, year in year out, decade in decade out....

White society can't fix black issues, the black community has to do that and up to this point it ain't happening....

Last edited by plwhit; 09-05-2012 at 09:43 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
The problem is nothing ever gets done about any of the problems in the black community, that's why you hear the same thing over and over again...
But what is your point about saying these things? What is the point?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
But what is your point about saying these things? What is the point?
Is the UK more accepting of intermarriage between white men and black women?

Yes.... and my thinking why black men are considered inferior to white men by black women....

Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
[b]Is the UK more accepting of intermarriage between white men and black women?

Yes.... and my thinking why black men are considered inferior to white men by black women....
Answer this for me. What do I get out of any of this? I don't disrespect women. I don't out and do things that are considered "the stereotype" such as make a baby and then leave. What do I out of the bolded comment? Just as you don't care what reasons why some Blacks behave the way they do, I don't care what reasons people have for considering Black men inferior. At the end of the day, I have me to look out for. I'm the one being affected by this.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBee2010 View Post
In truth, race still plays a major role in the U.S.; therefore, people will continue to regard interracial dating as pathological. I'm always however amazed that outside of the U.S., race and black/white interracial unions are not viewed in the same context.

For example, in the U.S., (generally speaking) black women and white men rarely date or interact with each other (outside of the workplace); this is even true in major metropolitan areas like LA, NYC, Chicago, DC and Atlanta. Some people will argue that the lack of interaction/dating is due to white men and black women not generally finding each other attractive. Well, this may be true for some, but the reality is, there's an unspoken rule (in terms of socialization) of both groups. Young black American girls are taught to only desire black males and white men (like all other races of men) are socialized (via movies, TV and publications) to accept the Caucasian ideal as the epitome of true beauty.

In other parts of the world however, where the socialization is not so persistent, there seems to be more interactions between white men and black women. The below video struck me as quite interesting, due to how the couple met.

Why is there so much acceptance of black/white interracial unions in places like London and Manchester? -Also, why are black women and white men interracial marriage rates above 30% in the UK, while the U.S. interracial marriage rates between black women and white men is more or less non existent?

What accounts for these differences between the UK and the US?

UK Interracial Couple

YouTube - BOYFRIEND TAG FINALLY!!!!

In the UK, they didn't have a stake driven through the two.

They did not fight a civil war and then later after it was over, say it was over slavery, and not states rights. It created a lot of resentment in this nation. Forced diversification was not attempted in the European nations.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Well lets see, I was born yesterday so I guess not many

72 Percent Of Black Kids Raised By Single Parent, 25% Overall In U.S.

72% Of Black Kids Raised In Single Parent Household, 25 Percent In U.S. | Breaking News for Black America

So tell me again about black fathers and a black man's attitude to family life......
This again? If you'd care to delve a little bit further,(ie. click on the link that the article refers to), you would find this quote:

Quote:
According to government statistics, 72 percent of African-American children are born to unmarried Mothers and that is something that Dr. Natalie Carroll, an obstetrician who has dedicated her 40-year career to helping black women, feels is unfortunate.
That stat only tells you that the parents were unwed at the time of birth. It doesn't say anything about co-parenting, if the parents are still together, or if they got married after the child was born.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:00 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Maybe there just aren't very many professional black men in my field which is IT. Just saying
Really, because there are plenty of them in the Telecom and DOD industries I work in. Do you have an Engineering Dept or Technical Support Dept at your firm? Here in Dallas every company I have worked for has black engineers and technicians working for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies