Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,445,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Those people who do not want to pay taxes are not going to pay you a decent wage anymore. They pay themselves and investors. Employees are hired with minimal wages and decreasing benefits lately.
Your post is confusing. Are you referring to employers you know who cheat the IRS and pay their employees in cash only?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:19 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,217,563 times
No, a Non sequitur thread, or should a say a wing nut nonsense thread? a business owner can be poor, bankrupt, half dead and still employ workers. for example my friend that used hi VISA card to make payroll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Non sequitur post.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
utter nonsense, you invent a definition of poor that fulfills your premise. I know plenty of trades people, roofers, siding guys, concrete guys, etc that are starving right now and if they sell a job they'll have three or four guys working for them the next day... premise busted.
come down out of your ivory tower and walk among real Americans.
These people do not have a viable business, do they?

Old 05-14-2011, 06:23 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,916,764 times
Quote:
Wealthy people are the people who create jobs. Taxing them to the point they can no longer expand their companies and hire more people makes no sense to me. My BIL told me about a caller who called into Rush Limbaugh to make that very statement. He said he never worked for a poor person.
um .. Just FYI ..

There's a big difference between having money and having good credit ..

Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 PM

yes they do. I did as well, I installed kitchens and built additions. when i didn't have a contract I worked on my own homes to improve their value. I worked almost EVERY DAY of my life, 7 days a week.

Quote:
These people do not have a viable business, do they?
fyi, my dad, who worked as a carpenter, is missing 3 and 1/2 fingers on his right hand and worked for himself, dirt poor, seldom made enough to pay any taxes. I was hired by him plenty of times. PREMISE BUSTED

Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
um .. Just FYI ..

There's a big difference between having money and having good credit ..
Yes there is but how is your post sequitur to the OP? If you imply that some businesses pay employees on a credit basis, I would say that those people do not have viable businesses.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:28 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,847,669 times
Quote:
Wealthy people are the people who create jobs. Taxing them to the point they can no longer expand their companies and hire more people makes no sense to me. My BIL told me about a caller who called into Rush Limbaugh to make that very statement. He said he never worked for a poor person.
Well I didn't read all the other BS posts that probably occurred in this thread seeing as how many posted in a short time frame. I will state this as someone who has employees. When ever there is a shortfall of income that can not be absorbed by my business manpower is always in the top three for cutting expenses. Whether it be salary/benefit reductions or straight termination.

I am far from wealthy meaning not a multi millionaire. I take great pride in the fact I can create jobs and still provide income/stability for myself and family.

Every year I do as much as I can to reduce the amount of taxes I have to pay. Lots of reinvestment and lot of time with the CPA.

Hell three of my employees where able to by houses in the last two years since prices dropped so low. Those money management courses I sent them to hosted by my accountancy for all their clients and clients employees really paid off.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
yes they do. I did as well, I installed kitchens and built additions. when i didn't have a contract I worked on my own homes to improve their value. I worked almost EVERY DAY of my life, 7 days a week.
Were you able to make payroll on time during this time? How many people did you employ? Did you offer benefits like paid health insurance and paid vacation to your employees?

Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:

fyi, my dad, who worked as a carpenter, is missing 3 and 1/2 fingers on his right hand and worked for himself, dirt poor, seldom made enough to pay any taxes. I was hired by him plenty of times. PREMISE BUSTED
How is my premise busted and how did your Dad missing digits have anything to do with the OP? Did your Dad issue you a W2? Did he pay benefits for you like health insurance and paid vacation?

Old 05-14-2011, 06:41 PM

yes i did, my employee came first, they were paid, insurances, taxes and me last. The nice part is I had a cost plus contract with one client that paid well. one or two full time and up to 7 at times. No benefits beyond workers' comp and unemployment, but I didn't have them either. My wife carried the health insurance. about what you'd expect from a small building contractor.

Quote:
Were you able to make payroll on time during this time? How many people did you employ? Did you offer benefits like paid health insurance and paid vacation to your employees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies