Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times

Advertisements

And it's a TKO for Arus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 10:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don't worry. Trump's investigation will be complete any day now and we'll have all the information we need.
Yeah those "investigators" in Hawaii right? the ones' that "they are finding things that they couldn't believe"

notice how those "investigators" suddenly disappeared after the COLB was released?

Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yeah those "investigators" in Hawaii right? the ones' that "they are finding things that they couldn't believe"

notice how those "investigators" suddenly disappeared after the COLB was released?

No doubt back at work for Orly Taitz. Posted elsewhere during the primaries with some nutjobs whose theory was an "October Surprise" by Hillary...she was going to wait until the Dem convention, then POW!...produce Obama's real birth certificate. The madness never ends...

Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Hey mods is it possible to make an exception to the TOS and declare open season on after birthers?

Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
the only person lying here is Mario Apuzo, who your video maker cribbed from to establish this BS claim

Did you bother to read the links? No of course not.

A computer isn't the only thing that can do kerning.

These types of issues can cause a typewriter to cause kerning:

• The speed of the type writer as it moves across the area as the paper is being typed on. If the typewriter isn't conditioned or serviced in a while, letters can begin to not line up; be positioned closer to each other. You've never used a typewriter before have you?
  • The speed at which you type can cause kerning, as the typewriter may not be able to catch up, causing letters to somewhat "overlap" into each other's spaces

The above was done on a Standard Underwood Typewritter (and scanned) - and you can see the kerning (the n an y in Kenya especially)
Debunking Birth Certificate Forgery Claims « Paralegalnm’s Blog

Different Typewriter?
Different person typing on the typewriter?
A person who is actually a typist? Not a hunt-and-peck typist?
A person who actually is a fast typist?
A person who actually is a slower typist?

I never claimed that, and NO SANE person in this thread has ever claimed that

Naturalized is a person who BECAME A citizen through the naturalization process (taking an oath)

Natural born - born to a US Citizen parent and/or born on US SOIL

200 years of case history has proven this over and over again.

Spiro Agnew (39th Vice President) - his parents were immigrants - not naturalized, who was born on US soil in 1918.

Vice Presidents through the 20th Amendment are required to have the SAME qualifications as those seeking the office of the President of the United States.

Chester A Arthur's father was naturalized after Arthur was born.

Only a bigot would claim this. The 14th Amendment is quite clear:

No where in that section does it state:
Only pertains to slaves
This is for the slaves
All slaves born or naturalized
This amendment only provides those who were once slaves....

Only bigots try to argue that slaves were not citizens.

Wouldn't you want someone who was born here to be the LEADER of your country? not someone who was born and lived overseas his entire life, and then say "Hey, I'm going to be the leader of the largest free world nation in the world".

They were concerned of heavy influence of foreign nationals, so they the rules/requirements to make sure that the person being elected had the country's best interest at heart.

BTW, the 20th AMendment was passed to fix it so that VP's must also have the same requirements.

Yes, Senators and REpresentatives can be foreign born. but they are not leading the country. the POTUS and VPOTUS are.

Line of succession:
POTUS
VPOTUS
President of the Senate
Spearker of the House or Representatives
President Pro Tempore of the Senate
Secretary of the State
Secretary of the Treasury
Secretary of Defense
AG

and down the line.

And even though you don't have to be a natural born to be a Senator, its more likely that a person is natural born, to be in the of the President of the Senate.

BTW, there has only been 1 time in our history where the VP had to take over the duties of the POTUS. So unless some catastrophe of miraculous proportions happens that kills off both the POTUS and the VP; it'll be a cold day in hell before the President of the Senate actually has to take up the role of leading this country.

Our founding fathers were pretty smart.

do you comprehend that the US CONSTITUION is a LIVING document and that you are only SECOND GUESSING their "intent" ?

The Constitutional congress that formed to draft the US Constitution shows exactly what our founding fathers were thinking and believed, and there is no question that their "INTENT" was basing many of their laws on English Common Law (you, know that country that many of them or their parents LEFT to find a new life). This is addressed in the many documents and commented on by the founding fathers.

Birther world
Activist judge = Any judge that doesn't find Obama a non-citizen and throws him out of office.

I've been out of school a lot longer than you've probably been alive, considering how inadequate your knowledge of US history is.
You are trying so hard to keep this turd in office and make him into something he is not, such as eligible to be there. The 14th amendment was intended for the population of slaves, who had no status, upon being freed. It now applies to anybody born here, of illegal parents or not. An anchor baby is NOT a Natural Born citizen.
The Wong case chose to use British Common Law for it's ruling. That is not something the founders would have chosen, that is what they were escaping from.

Quote:
Quote:
Four Cases
1. A "natural born" citizen is any person born of US citizen parents (that's two) in the U. S. mainland (includes Alaska and Hawaii) -- think Ronald Reagan -- in this case, there is no foreign entanglement via parentage AND there is no foreign entanglement via birthplace.

2. A citizen "by statute" is any person born of US citizen parent(s) outside the United States -- think John McCain -- in this case, there is no foreign entanglement via parentage BUT there is a foreign entanglement via birthplace (Colon, Panama).

3. A "native born" citizen, is any person born in the United States mainland -- think Barack Obama -- in this case, there is no foreign entanglement via birthplace (if he was born in Hawaii) BUT there is a foreign entanglement via his parentage (if Barak Obama is his father).

4. If you're not born here, or if your parents aren't Americans, then the only way you get citizenship is via marriage or naturalization -- a "naturalized" citizen is a citizen as the result of these processes -- think Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Persons, eligible for the presidency, have no first generation ties to a foreign nation, whereas ineligible persons always do.

ALL statutory citizens are born with a tie to another nation by birthplace and/or blood, but NEVER is that the case with any natural born citizens who are only American.

A statutory citizen (bestowed by man's pen) can never be a "natural born" citizen (bestowed by God/nature).
Barack Obama -- Natural Born Citizen

Something interesting I just came across, which says that the resolution 511 that states McCain was eligible is not legally binding because the vote was not recorded. This gets tricky. I think you will appreciate this Arus.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/35358

Lastly, no I do not believe the Constitution is a living document. It is to be interpreted as the founders intended, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:18 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You are trying so hard to keep this turd in office and make him into something he is not, such as eligible to be there. The 14th amendment was intended for the population of slaves, who had no status, upon being freed. It now applies to anybody born here, of illegal parents or not. An anchor baby is NOT a Natural Born citizen.
The Wong case chose to use British Common Law for it's ruling. That is not something the founders would have chosen, that is what they were escaping from.
Please show us where in the 14th Amendment where it says "ONLY for SLAVES"

I'll post it again:

Quote:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
I do not see a single reference to SLAVES. It says ALL persons. Unless you and I are not persons, then this APPLIES TO EVERYONE born here.

Get it? Of course you don't.

Nice cut an paste from a birther website that provides pseudo legal arguments, from a non-Constitutional attorney. 4 types of citizens? Care to point to us in the Citizenship laws where these 4 citizens are defined? Not some birther site, I want it from a GOVERNMENT site.

Sorry, but that is the claims of a lunatic. there are only 2 types of citizens, and has been only 2 types : Naturalized and Natural/native born.

Anyone who claims otherwise are blowing smoke up your rear end.

Candafreepress? There isn't enough laughing smilies in this world to know that CFP is the World Nut Daily/Naitional Enquirer/Star Magazine of the north. Sane Canadians do not believe the BS in that rag.

Quote:
Lastly, no I do not believe the Constitution is a living document. It is to be interpreted as the founders intended, nothing more, nothing less.
Wow, you're pretty much as ignorant as they get. the US Constitution is a Living document because it is not set in stone. It is constantly subject to subtle interpretive change by the courts and major change by the passage of amendments.

Constitutional FAQ Answer #93 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
The Living Constitution
The Constitution: A Living Document | Scholastic.com
Constitution of the United States of America :: The Constitution as a living document -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

Old 05-19-2011, 11:24 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
San Diego Reader | Schooled!

I wonder how many media outlets have had the document checked. I'm guessing not too many, just as they didn't ask questions for the last 3 years.
it's from the "ALMOST FACTUAL NEWS" section of the SD reader. it's a lampoon.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

Something interesting I just came across, which says that the resolution 511 that states McCain was eligible is not legally binding because the vote was not recorded. This gets tricky. I think you will appreciate this Arus.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/35358

We have a Supreme Court precisely because the Constitution is a living document. So McCain wasn't really legit, but he's an idiot so it doesn't matter? LMAO! Spend more time "kerning" our posts and less writing more nonsense.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Give it a rest already....
Funny how when someone presents information that goes against the liberal line, the liberal response is always something like "Bah!" "How ridiculous!" or "Give it a rest!" I was always taught that if you don't have something to contribute to a discussion, you shouldn't speak. Ridicule is not a contribution to the discussion, it provides no information. It is an attempt to intimidate someone into not saying anything in the future.

I, for one, would like to see all the information and analyses by proponents of all the sides, so I can decide what is plausible, what is possible, and what is likely. If someone would analyze the certificate and claim it's real for reasons A, B, and C, I'd love to see that too.

I am suspicious of government always, because I learned a lot over the past 30 years as an adult. The years have proven that NO politician has ANY integrity, ethics or morals, and the higher you go, the worse the problem. Although Obama may have been born in Hawaii, why wasn't a birth certificate provided before? There is always a reason, and it is always something that would really be damaging if it got out. So there is at least a chance this is a forgery, and it does no harm to consider the evidence.

And considering how much effort our media/government puts into distracting Americans from the devastating and declining economy, you'd think they'd be happy we focused on something small like this, since there's nothing any of us could do even if it were PROVEN Obama was born in Africa.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it's from the "ALMOST FACTUAL NEWS" section of the SD reader. it's a lampoon.
Pwnd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies